Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-02-2011, 03:46 PM   #121
Linx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 31584
What I Drive: 04 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Linx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Can incentives/rebates be locked in when a car is ordered? Or do they only take effect at time of delivery? I am worried that my private cash $750 rebate will expire if I have to wait for an order.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2011, 03:49 PM   #122
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
There's 2 parts to this question.

First you receive whichever incentives are better at time of delivery. However the catch on this is any rebate related to Ford Credit cannot be guaranteed. So currently the $500 FMC rebate cannot be guaranteed nor can the interest rates.

Let's say tomorrow Ford comes out with a $500 bonus cash rebate then $500 FMC if you finance with Ford. You order tomorrow you get at least $500 rebate when the vehicle comes in.

Now private offers are different, they have unique expiration dates and should be listed on your offer or your dealer can tell you if it qualifies. I can also look this up based upon last name and ZIP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
Can incentives/rebates be locked in when a car is ordered? Or do they only take effect at time of delivery? I am worried that my private cash $750 rebate will expire if I have to wait for an order.
Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 PM   #123
mysticbluebmw
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85252
What I Drive: 2013 Accord EX-L V6 w/Navi

FF Reputation: 1 mysticbluebmw Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
Thank you mysticblue and sorry I missed that question. It does limit the fee to $75 here. It does not change the regional fees unfortunately as stated below, it's already on the invoice.

X-Plan does give us a kickback on deals, however it is not much. On a base Focus it amounts to $17.72. Now if it's A/Z/D plan it's closer to $1,000 & on F-150's or Super Duties closer to $3,000.
Thanks for the updated info, much appreciated.

That kickback certainly isn't very much at all, now I feel silly for mentioning it!
Old 05-02-2011, 04:10 PM   #124
Linx
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 31584
What I Drive: 04 Focus SVT

FF Reputation: 1 Linx Good Standing Member
So if I understand... the private cash rebates do not "lock in" when ordered?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by imccrea View Post
There's 2 parts to this question.

First you receive whichever incentives are better at time of delivery. However the catch on this is any rebate related to Ford Credit cannot be guaranteed. So currently the $500 FMC rebate cannot be guaranteed nor can the interest rates.

Let's say tomorrow Ford comes out with a $500 bonus cash rebate then $500 FMC if you finance with Ford. You order tomorrow you get at least $500 rebate when the vehicle comes in.

Now private offers are different, they have unique expiration dates and should be listed on your offer or your dealer can tell you if it qualifies. I can also look this up based upon last name and ZIP.
Old 05-02-2011, 05:18 PM   #125
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Yup pretty much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linx View Post
So if I understand... the private cash rebates do not "lock in" when ordered?

Thanks
And yes the kickback just ensures we don't "lose" money.
Old 05-02-2011, 11:54 PM   #126
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,656, Level 78
Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The dealer I'm working with personally locked my rebate. If it goes down, they will still honor it. if it goes up, it goes up and they will give the higher rate.
One thing I've learned over the years is make them honor what they say, if they dont they wasted their time because I will walk. No one likes to waste their time (salesmen or me) and I constantly reinforce what they had said.
I already walked on one local dealer who thought he could pretty much force a sale at a price he wanted (when he wouldn't show me the invoice for xplan it was walk time). I've walked out of buying several cars from them. Their favorite tactic is to get all your info for the finance department, even if your only looking. They don't need anything but your name and phone number until you decide what your going to do (ford will be getting a nice note about said dealer, I'm sure they will be interested). Not to mention this place will call you 2-3 times a day, basically bird dogging you.
I'm the type that if there is something I want I'll hunt it down (the salesman I'm working with is pretty damn savvy too) until I find it. Trust me, it's found ;), in one place or another.
If I ask for something in specific such as a 2012 v6 mustang... don't friggin try to sell me a $37k v8 mustang I don't want... you lose my business.
I'm pretty easy to get along with as long as a salesman doesn't try to blow sunshine up my butt and is willing to work with me, I'll gladly reciprocate.
Old 05-03-2011, 12:53 AM   #127
2012st
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85164
What I Drive: 2010 Ses

FF Reputation: 1 2012st Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
The dealer I'm working with personally locked my rebate. If it goes down, they will still honor it. if it goes up, it goes up and they will give the higher rate.
One thing I've learned over the years is make them honor what they say, if they dont they wasted their time because I will walk. No one likes to waste their time (salesmen or me) and I constantly reinforce what they had said.
I already walked on one local dealer who thought he could pretty much force a sale at a price he wanted (when he wouldn't show me the invoice for xplan it was walk time). I've walked out of buying several cars from them. Their favorite tactic is to get all your info for the finance department, even if your only looking. They don't need anything but your name and phone number until you decide what your going to do (ford will be getting a nice note about said dealer, I'm sure they will be interested). Not to mention this place will call you 2-3 times a day, basically bird dogging you.
I'm the type that if there is something I want I'll hunt it down (the salesman I'm working with is pretty damn savvy too) until I find it. Trust me, it's found ;), in one place or another.
If I ask for something in specific such as a 2012 v6 mustang... don't friggin try to sell me a $37k v8 mustang I don't want... you lose my business.
I'm pretty easy to get along with as long as a salesman doesn't try to blow sunshine up my butt and is willing to work with me, I'll gladly reciprocate.
You just need a like smart vincent with rebates and you lock in the rebates the day you order and interest rates as well... I just did this today for my father on a super duty and I have done this with the ford credit bonus cash
Old 05-03-2011, 01:10 AM   #128
voipguy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 85222
What I Drive: 2012 S.Grey SE Spt,4dr,Wint,MR,6sp

FF Reputation: 1 voipguy Good Standing Member
So how should we figure out a good price with xplan?
Base Invoice + Invoice Options + 125.00 + taxes - incentices & rebates ?? Are you saying a regional ad fee get added also or am I missing any fees?
Thanks
Old 05-03-2011, 01:12 AM   #129
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: kermit

Points 14,656, Level 78
Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78 Points: 14,656, Level: 78
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Problem is with this one I'm not ordering. The dealer will be getting it from another. no paperwork for it is in the dealers hands yet and the other dealer can decide not to transfer it, so nothing can be locked in on paper yet until the final word from the other dealer tomorrow.
Promises in writing can't be done for something you don't have. But in a small town a gentleman's agreement and trust go a long way because they know word of mouth travels fast and far. Besides that, everything is on their dime right now.
Old 05-03-2011, 01:22 AM   #130
2012st
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 85164
What I Drive: 2010 Ses

FF Reputation: 1 2012st Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
Problem is with this one I'm not ordering. The dealer will be getting it from another. no paperwork for it is in the dealers hands yet and the other dealer can decide not to transfer it, so nothing can be locked in on paper yet until the final word from the other dealer tomorrow.
Promises in writing can't be done for something you don't have. But in a small town a gentleman's agreement and trust go a long way because they know word of mouth travels fast and far. Besides that, everything is on their dime right now.
No worries did they run your credit? If you are approved through ford you can post date up too 2 days for the incentives if you are already sent in no worries they can find you another car...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.