Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus Purchasing Center

Ford Focus Purchasing Center Discuss about special incentives and ordering information on the Focus & Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-25-2011, 04:38 PM   #1
imccrea
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85212
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus hatch SGM

FF Reputation: 6 imccrea Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Ask a Ford salesman anything (Incentives, Inventory, etc)

Let me start off by saying this is a great forum.

Secondly I am not here to solicit any business, I'm here for you guys and ladies to help out with any questions releated to the Focus.

I've done this on F-150 forums and it's very helpful for them.

Here's what I can help out on. Please read all of this before you ask a question so we aren't asking the same question 40 times!

1. Need to find a specific new vehicle and your local dealer not helping? Just give me your zip code and what you're looking for and I'll try and find one close and let you know how the invoice pricing breaksdown.

2. Incentive information. All I need is your zip code and last name and I can check if you qualify for any private offers such as brochure $750 offers or anything else. Also if you're college grad. and have other offers I'll let you know what you can combine and what you can't.

3. I cannot tell you why Ford is not giving specific options that you want or when such and such option will be available unless I see it on Ford's dealer site.

4. I unfortunately do not have a crystal ball to tell you what incentives will change to.

5. Also if you ordered a vehicle through your dealership I cannot tell you when it will be there and track it. Only your dealership or the shipping dept can do that.

Lastly I am in internet sales so I generally know what dealerships are capable of selling vehicles for, so if you are wondering if there is money being left on the table let me know.

Ira McCrea
Phone: 970-667-2220
E-mail: iram@loveford.com

Last edited by imccrea; 06-30-2011 at 06:27 PM. Reason: Rule 5
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #2
me2000
Focus Addict

Fan#: 85106
What I Drive: 2012 Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 1 me2000 Good Standing Member
Hi,

Thanks for fielding questions!

Can I combine $750 private cash + $500 student + $500 financing rebates?

And must I take delivery of the car by the date on the private cash coupon? My dealer says I can get all of the rebates as long as I take delivery by the date on the coupon. Another opinion would be great.

Thanks!
Old 04-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #3
MoggSquad
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84856
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SEL - Tricoat White

FF Reputation: 1 MoggSquad Good Standing Member
I am working with a dealer through the Costco auto program for a 2012 Focus SEL. They will give me the car for invoice, but they are also adding a "Marketing assesment and Fuel charge for a total for 346.44".

Does that sound fair / reasonable? The car is en route to another dealer, but they are doing a dealer trade I believe to acquire it. Is part of the fee due to that?

Other than the invoice price, the $346.44 fee, and sales tax, should I expect them to add any other costs on? If so, is that considered reasonable?
Old 04-25-2011, 05:00 PM   #4
imccrea
Focus Addict

Okay I'm assuming you received the private mail offer as that is currently the only incentive showing on the Vincent for 2012 Focus?

If that is the case:
Based on my zip code here you cannot combine offers, it's either
A. $500 FMC plus rate & Private mail offer (ranging between $200 & $750).
B. $500 FMC plus rate & College student purchase program.

You don't have to take delivery but you must contract and have it submitted through Ford's system by expiration date. Therefore if your Focus is 10 days out and it's May 2nd then I would contract and then just take delivery when it shows up.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:06 PM   #5
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

Points 10,801, Level 68
Points: 10,801, Level: 68 Points: 10,801, Level: 68 Points: 10,801, Level: 68
Level Up 88% Completed
Level up: 88% Level up: 88% Level up: 88%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Not sure if this is a question you can field, but how come the F150 isn't offered in a single cab, short box, 2wd, with the eco-boost motor?

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 04-25-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
imccrea
Focus Addict

MoggSquad-
If you can get a 2012 Focus for around invoice without additional fees you're doing okay. The whole marketing assesment and fuel is charged from Ford, not from your dealer you are buying from. This is a non-negotiable item and advertising varies by region. This helps pay for all the Swap your ride ads on TV and so forth. A SEL sedan will have about $650 worth of holdback in it so if you must, see if they'll back out the $346 out of the price.

However, if their inventory is low and they are not expecting much in, you might be stepping over a dollar to pickup a penny. Especially if they aren't charging shipping to get it from the other dealer. We typically pay on average $900 to do a trade if it's out of state.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:12 PM   #7
imccrea
Focus Addict

kylesvt720-
That configuration is just something Ford probably doesn't want to do. Only the 5.0 or 3.7 is available, it probably helps keep costs down but to be honest I don't know why they don't offer it in that configuration.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:16 PM   #8
iminhell
C2H5OH

Fan#: 36222
What I Drive: 2000 & 2001 ZX3's

Points 18,407, Level 86
Points: 18,407, Level: 86 Points: 18,407, Level: 86 Points: 18,407, Level: 86
Level Up 12% Completed
Level up: 12% Level up: 12% Level up: 12%
Forum Activity 6%
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%
FF Reputation: 49 iminhell Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Alright, why is it you're willing to, essentially, take money from someone else's pocket?

I can't say for sure, but I assume there are some dealerships that work on commission. If that is true your kindness of giving bottom line pricing may reduce the pay the salesman/dealership takes in. Maybe that dealership needs to make 10% profit to keep the doors open and now has to raise shop rates to close the gap. I mean the point of having a dealership as a business is to make a profit.
Not saying I don't like your approach. Just saying you might be making enemies at the same time while gaining no business of your own.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:21 PM   #9
imccrea
Focus Addict

iminhell-
Most new car pay plans hover around 18% up to 30%. New car pack will vary from $0 up to $800. That means invoice is $16,494 on a base S and if the dealership packs it $500 it doesn't matter if you sell it for MSRP or not, you're only getting paid a flat for it.

I can sell you a full equipped Titanium and at my dealership the most I'll make is $400 in my pocket. In the internet day and age I start at invoice as a price, if other dealers want to hold to MSRP power to them, but they won't touch the volume that we will and in the end I'll have the happier customers because they are getting the product they want at dealer cost plus fees.

Plus it's important that people here realize that not all sales associates are there to rip your head off, I work my ass of and sometimes only make $100 on a sale.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:26 PM   #10
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
^^I remember the $100 dollars for a full day of work and going back and forth with the customer. I used to sell for mazda. Didnt last long. You work to hard and dont make much unless you have a great dealer and a great customer base. I was starting my customer base but decided to go back to school instead of spend 12 hours a day working my tail off for little money.
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.