How-To: 2008 - 2011 Halo Projectors Light Installation - Page 15 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Second Generation > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #141
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 80951
What I Drive: 2011 SE

FF Reputation: 8 2011 SE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Interesting. With mine the only connection problem I thought I had was between the bulb and the adapter, not the adapter and the stock connector (sorry if those terms were unclear).

When I barely put the bulb in (before it "snaps" into its slot) it works. But when I put the bulb all the way in, it only sometimes works.

Regardless, this weekend I'll have to see if the tape helps out. At this point I'll try anything...the SOMETIMES directional is getting pretty annoying.

Thanks for the pics!
Autobots decal over Ford emblems
Flat black TFB Designs hood stripes
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2011, 06:31 PM   #142
andrewsfm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 70099
What I Drive: 2008 Ebony ATX SES w/ Leather & Sun

FF Reputation: 5 andrewsfm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm having a problem with the cutoff shield on my left projector not going back into place when I flick the highbeams. It gets stuck in the highbeam position. Could be the cold weather, but I need to flick them a few times till it fixes itself.
DEI 2-way Alarm & Start / DDM Ballasts + CAP 6000k 55w HIDs in Eagle Eyes Projectors / 6000k 55w HID Fogs / All INT+EXT LEDs+7W LED Reverse / K&N Air Filter / Kumho Ecsta 4X Tires / 35%/20% Tint / Black Grille / Maxxsonics MX-1 + 2500W Stereo
Old 01-07-2011, 10:07 PM   #143
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewsfm View Post
I'm having a problem with the cutoff shield on my left projector not going back into place when I flick the highbeams. It gets stuck in the highbeam position. Could be the cold weather, but I need to flick them a few times till it fixes itself.
Mine have maybe a 1/4 second delay between when I turn the high beams on/off, but mine haven't gotten stuck. I hope your problem resolves itself!
Old 02-05-2011, 06:57 PM   #144
BIG_SEXY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 33524
What I Drive: 2009 Silver Metalic Focus Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 1 BIG_SEXY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I just installed these recently on a 09 coupe, and I have noticed that when I have high beams on that only drivers side is the only one in high beam. Does anyone know what would cause the passenger side not to go into high beam?
Old 03-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #145
2011 SE
Focus Addict

My directional problem rages on! I spent a couple hours messing with the connections a few weeks ago, and couldn't for the life of me figure out where exactly the connection problem is. Once it warms up I'll be able to throw more time at it to see if I can finally get it fixed...but for now it's still a "sometimes" problem. Now it seems like when they're cold the directionals work, but as the headlights warm up the enclosure, they stop working. I have no clue!

In addition, I noticed that the spring clip on my left housing broke off. The headlight is still securely held in place, but when I hit bumps the left headlight bounces a little. Only an annoyance, but I may put some double-sided tape on the bottom of the lamp so that it doesn't shake itself to pieces over time.

Edit: And I tried the electrical tape method, and it didn't end up working for me. :(
Old 03-21-2011, 11:13 PM   #146
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG_SEXY View Post
I just installed these recently on a 09 coupe, and I have noticed that when I have high beams on that only drivers side is the only one in high beam. Does anyone know what would cause the passenger side not to go into high beam?
I would just go over your connections on the passenger side carefully. I know it's largely plug and play, but as it appears to be the case with some of the other adapters, it may be an issue with connections.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:59 PM   #147
2011 SE
Focus Addict

So here's an interesting discovery I made:

My directional problem I've been having DISAPPEARS when I don't have the halos/headlights on. I've tested it two days in a row now, and the directional seems to work fine and dandy when no extra electricity is flowing that way.

Anyone have any ideas as to why that would matter? I never noticed it before because until two days ago, I always drove with either the parking lights/halos or headlights on.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:47 PM   #148
KyleQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84296
What I Drive: 2008 Focus Coupe 5 Speed

FF Reputation: 3 KyleQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Does anyone know if a H13 bulb will fit in these projectors? If you could, you could get a hi/lo HID bulb for this and have hi-beams, if it's needed.

Where are folks getting the halo's for the fogs as well? I'm thinking projects with HID's and HID fogs - I live in the middle of nowhere and more light the better.
Torsen T-2/Clutchnet Stage 3
Fidanza 8lb 131 of 2150
Old 06-22-2011, 09:15 PM   #149
blackbumpinfocus93
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80510
What I Drive: 2009 Black SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 2 blackbumpinfocus93 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Does anybody know if you can replace the halos that come with the headlights with red halos?
Team Duratec #61
Sedan Revolution #134
2008+ SES #017
"Doing a drag race in an automatic is like running a 100M sprint in your wellies, full of tadpoles."- Jeremy Clarkson
Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 AM   #150
2011 SE
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2011 SE View Post
So here's an interesting discovery I made:

My directional problem I've been having DISAPPEARS when I don't have the halos/headlights on. I've tested it two days in a row now, and the directional seems to work fine and dandy when no extra electricity is flowing that way.

Anyone have any ideas as to why that would matter? I never noticed it before because until two days ago, I always drove with either the parking lights/halos or headlights on.
For anyone interested (and in case this happens to you), the turn signal socket from a 2000-2007 Focus is what fits in these Eagle Eyes projectors.

The bulbs size is 3157, and I FINALLY fixed the problem I was having. Only took 7 months of tinkering and research!

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->