Question for you guys who use supplements.. - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Off-Topic Discussions > Fitness Fanatics

Fitness Fanatics The place to discuss information on the latest workout programs, diets, nutrition and weight lifting.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-19-2011, 02:58 PM   #1
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Question for you guys who use supplements..

I'm 6'4" and pushing almost 300lbs. now.. I walk around at about 275-285 but I managed to add on some winter weight. Anyway, I plan to get a gym membership on Monday and I'm looking to get back down to about 260 (where I was after Basic/AIT) AND put on some muscle. I'm a naturally big guy, broad shoulders, big chest, big hips, fat ass. Lolz. I'm not fat, like obese. But I've got some extra pounds to lose.

My question is..is there a good supplement that's fairly cheap, and will help me build muscle while at the same time, help me burn fat?

I've never in my life touched a supplement..so bare with me.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #2
ElectricAL
Focus Addict

Fan#: 71376
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ST

FF Reputation: 2 ElectricAL Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I'm sure there are decent supplements out there, but I'll let somebody else go into that. My best advice is that you fuel up for your workouts with something with protein in it. That'll help sustain your workout. Some people will stack in caffeine or other stimulants. They can help, but I don't think that they're necessary.

Then, after your workout, eat a decent meal within an hour post-workout. Again, include some healthy protein sources-- that'll help speed your recovery.

If you're like most people, just cutting out junk-food (pop, chips, etc) and eating healthier foods will help.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:47 PM   #3
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Cutting out junk foods is something I've def been working on. I've been on a horrible chocolate fix as of late. I don't drink much soda, though. I tend to stick to Snapple, Vitamin Water, Water and other juices.
Old 03-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
whey powder is your best bet. Mix it with whole milk, because protein without fat is worthless. GNC whey isolate 28 is crazy expensive like $40 for 2 pounds, but if you go to Costco, you can get Muscle Milk whey powder 6 pounds for like $30. Milk protein is good too but whey is the best. Take it imediately after your workout. THat is the only appropriate time to do so.

Also, want to cut pounds, be sure to deadlift, squat and eat a paleolithic diet. Fats are not bad for you, whole grains and flour are. Generally speaking, it might take about a month of the strict dieting before you feel great and full of energy every day. If you can eat dairy do it. Whole milk is like liquid steroids almost
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 03-19-2011, 04:52 PM   #5
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Paleolithic? What is that? Lol..
Old 03-19-2011, 04:54 PM   #6
Duffman355
Tasty Red Meat

Fan#: 31282
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue SE Sport 5 Spd

FF Reputation: 43 Duffman355 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
basically, meats, veggies, nuts, fruits, dairy, cooking fats such as butter, olive oil, coconut oil. I literally subsist off meat, eggs, and dairy.
ST Crew #11 / SSR #5
Official Mayo Hater #1
Randomie's Lover #8
Old 03-19-2011, 10:44 PM   #7
MikeF2D
Fist Pumpin' Champ

Fan#: 54450
What I Drive: 2008 Black SE coupe

FF Reputation: 17 MikeF2D Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
i use wheybolic protein and im currently on hydroxycut hardcore. its controversial i know, but do what you want

Team Duratec #211
Learn from my mistakes....FRPP suspension is not god. Go to F.R.12 or GO HOME!
Old 04-14-2011, 12:32 AM   #8
TheTurd
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84607
What I Drive: 2012 Yellow Blaze SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 TheTurd Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiscoZx3 View Post
I'm 6'4" and pushing almost 300lbs. now.. I walk around at about 275-285 but I managed to add on some winter weight. Anyway, I plan to get a gym membership on Monday and I'm looking to get back down to about 260 (where I was after Basic/AIT) AND put on some muscle. I'm a naturally big guy, broad shoulders, big chest, big hips, fat ass. Lolz. I'm not fat, like obese. But I've got some extra pounds to lose.

My question is..is there a good supplement that's fairly cheap, and will help me build muscle while at the same time, help me burn fat?

I've never in my life touched a supplement..so bare with me.

Jack3d about 30 minutes before workouts, And whey protein after seams to help me out a lot.

Jack3d is available at GNC, on sale for around $25, and i dont use this every workout (otherwise your body can potentially stop producing its own creatine)

And whey protein you can get almost anywhere, but i get mine from BJ's Wholesale Club. It comes in a huge bag, and the chocolate flavor is delicious.

Im 6', 250lbs, but not really too fat. A little bit of chub, but not too much. i used to weigh about 210, but once i started using these, it seamed to be much easier to build muscle mass. I cant guarantee weight loss, but these should help you look more built.

Feel free to PM me, or just reply to this post if you had any questions
Old 04-14-2011, 06:37 PM   #9
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Took Jacked for a cheap why to endeur long workouts. It made me so shacky and gave me Migraine after working out.. Not good since I threw up all my post workout supplement.

Best stuff I have taken for pre workout is Advocares Muscle fuel, or as I call it second muscle. They only downside is the cost, but man it truly is incredible how much more you are able to do with it and you dont feel shaky and all caffeed up.

Here is the stuff..
http://www.advocare.com/products/per...ite/P4421.aspx
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 04-15-2011, 02:17 PM   #10
edingeek
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1152
What I Drive: 03 SVTf & 00 Xploder AWD 5.0

FF Reputation: 4 edingeek Good Standing Member
Drink 1-2 gallons of water per day.

I posted a ton of supplement info in this topic a while back... Looks like it vanished tho...

Anyways, check out http://www.hotnfit.com/ecstack.htm for the EC stack for fat burning... Very good info.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->