How many of you guys post outside of the texas forum? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 04-12-2011, 01:54 AM   #11
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I'm all over the place, as per My shiny little title, lol. Other than that, I still spend most of My time in TX, SR and Gen. Chat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2011, 10:15 AM   #12
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
matt, your post made me laugh because i was here just before tom made that sticky that basically said okay guys the 08 focus has been out for a year now, we dont need any more hate just move along. so i got to see the "hate" as well. good times, lol

i always felt like the majority of the focus people were just mad that america didnt get a euro focus, we got a reworked version of essentially the same car. then they basically voiced their opinion in a way that made it sound like the people who bought the 08's were stupid for liking and purchasing this generation of foci and should have gotten an 05-07 or held out for 4 years (at that time) for another world focus. neither of which were viable options for me, personally.

i will say that i think we have made some progress since 07-08. a few people have stanced their 08-11 (...), some have made race-oriented to full out race car examples, FSWerks did their SEMA cars (i really like that yellow coupe they did!), 3DCarbon released a lip kit for it, ford tweaked some appearance aspects of the car, so we are at least on the map compared to 07 and 08. But i dont disagree that the 08-11 focus is one that "die hards" dont really want to aknowledge existed...

...but it sucks to be them because i think the 2012 focus looks like a steaming hot plate of ery; i for one have no plans to stop photographing my car and posting it up; and just like people to this very day are joining this forum with 03 ZX3's and 07 ST's people will continue to join with 08-11's long after the 2012 has been on the market. so chances of forgetting the 08-11 existed... slim to none
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2011, 11:26 AM   #13
BnzRed1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 57839
What I Drive: 2008 Red SE coupe, 01 F150 4WD SC

Points 222, Level 4
Points: 222, Level: 4 Points: 222, Level: 4 Points: 222, Level: 4
Level Up 44% Completed
Level up: 44% Level up: 44% Level up: 44%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 BnzRed1 Good Standing Member
I typically check the southern section first, then the duratec performance, the ecu tuning and the wheels and suspension forums. Yes I agree that there was some dislike of the body style at first, I was one of the few 08's at FF09 and walked away with a trophy, but it felt like it was an uphill battle all the way. You have seen my red 08 coupe, it is extremely clean and very well accessorized with engine, suspension, ground effects, audio, custom interior, yet you won't see many pictures of it on the forums. I don't present my self as an postcount expert and I'll only post if i have a legit answer to solve a problem that someone might need help with. My car is probably the most washed and waxed car here and I don't post about it. All in all I'ts your car do what you want to it, be proud of it and enjoy it, it won't be your last car. Oh, by the way I dont listen to the haters....I like chrome!
Old 04-12-2011, 01:13 PM   #14
YellerZX3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 23043
What I Drive: 2013 Silver SE Hatch, 12 Fusion SE

FF Reputation: 6 YellerZX3 Good Standing Member
I take peaks at the brakes and suppsension and the Zetec forums on a semi regular basis.
Old 04-12-2011, 03:33 PM   #15
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

Points 36,161, Level 100
Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I of course post in here ... but even before my Mod Powers:

I would venture in the Showroom area, SVT Forums, Suspension/Wheels, AutoX and Photo sections. As those places would always have something for me to talk about ... especially in the photo area.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 04-12-2011, 04:45 PM   #16
Matsuo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58127
What I Drive: 2008 Black SES

FF Reputation: 2 Matsuo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by BnzRed1 View Post
I typically check the southern section first, then the duratec performance, the ecu tuning and the wheels and suspension forums. Yes I agree that there was some dislike of the body style at first, I was one of the few 08's at FF09 and walked away with a trophy, but it felt like it was an uphill battle all the way. You have seen my red 08 coupe, it is extremely clean and very well accessorized with engine, suspension, ground effects, audio, custom interior, yet you won't see many pictures of it on the forums. I don't present my self as an postcount expert and I'll only post if i have a legit answer to solve a problem that someone might need help with. My car is probably the most washed and waxed car here and I don't post about it. All in all I'ts your car do what you want to it, be proud of it and enjoy it, it won't be your last car. Oh, by the way I dont listen to the haters....I like chrome!
Ya my post count is probably 85% texas forum.... once or twice a month Ill glance at the gen forum and show room but will rarely post something

And ray, ya, i can def see why you would post in the auto-x and svt forums as well... I may start peeking at the auto-x forums as well since i'm going to try and go to the june one... the only problem is it's on sundays =(
Newest Member of my Family
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
Old 04-12-2011, 04:49 PM   #17
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Points 36,161, Level 100
Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100 Points: 36,161, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
You should try to make one ... you will become addicted the moment you try it out.

-Ray-

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:13 PM   #18
Zab
Focus Addict

Fan#: 57586
What I Drive: Izzy's '03 Eclipse and my '03 SVT

FF Reputation: 2 Zab Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaniSVT View Post
You should try to make one ... you will become addicted the moment you try it out.

-Ray-
^^x2

I check texas forum, SVT forum, autoX forum (although i really don't post on there), SR only for our pics and stuff, other times I just click the "new posts" and see what I find lol
'03 Silver SVT #1623 R.M.D.S.
Old 04-12-2011, 10:26 PM   #19
captcomputer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 9409
What I Drive: 2013 Focus ST (Preferred Blue)

Points 10,721, Level 68
Points: 10,721, Level: 68 Points: 10,721, Level: 68 Points: 10,721, Level: 68
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
FF Reputation: 37 captcomputer Great Standing Member
I check the most recent threads first as they are on the landing page, then I check SVT/ and owners, and click around at the new post as I see interest. I also check the Mod forum, oh wait you guys can't see that part... That is where Ray and Jason and I talk bad about you guys
We have made Rainbow names for everyone in there. j/k

Then i check the Texas threads to see whats new in my peps world. I may not post every night but I read what you guys write.

Keep doing what you do and the forum will continue to thrive. Its all because of you that we are as strong a website and member base as we are. You all add value, yes even DAMMIT CHUCK!!

Texas FTW
(Former)Blue Focus Owners
Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 AM   #20
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Points 36,161, Level 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
^^ Don't tell them all of our secrets ........

And I would like to add DOUBLE WIN for Houston. We are repping it hard. Sweet.

Even with my car down and out at the moment.

-Ray-

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.