Gauging interests: Team Focalize website - Page 3 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > Southern Fanatics > Fanatics: Texas

Fanatics: Texas Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Texas (Lonestar) areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-30-2011, 12:29 AM   #21
Matsuo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58127
What I Drive: 2008 Black SES

FF Reputation: 2 Matsuo Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Lol well I said dean cause he was the first example of far from me and zab that I could think of
Newest Member of my Family
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2011, 12:34 AM   #22
FocusFreak09
Flat Black King

Fan#: 51243
What I Drive: 2001 Chevy Silverado

FF Reputation: 30 FocusFreak09 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
U gotta think real hard though on tha decision. I think we should do polls OR write down every persons name who came to all the past meets like maybe 2 or 3 or maybe 4 months back and choose the people who have showed up and put it in a vote.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 03-30-2011, 12:41 AM   #23
Matsuo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 58127
What I Drive: 2008 Black SES

FF Reputation: 2 Matsuo Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FocusFreak09 View Post
U gotta think real hard though on tha decision. I think we should do polls OR write down every persons name who came to all the past meets like maybe 2 or 3 or maybe 4 months back and choose the people who have showed up and put it in a vote.
Posted via FF Mobile
we will do a vote, just right now it's all speculation.
Newest Member of my Family
2011 Shelby GT500 SVTPP
Old 03-30-2011, 12:54 AM   #24
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

Points 129,883, Level 100
Points: 129,883, Level: 100 Points: 129,883, Level: 100 Points: 129,883, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 93%
Activity: 93% Activity: 93% Activity: 93%
FF Reputation: 48 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matsuo View Post

THE FINGERS!!! THEY TYPE!!!!

lmao

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 03-30-2011, 08:59 AM   #25
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

Points 35,900, Level 100
Points: 35,900, Level: 100 Points: 35,900, Level: 100 Points: 35,900, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Not to Pick on Dean ... but the guy is busy. He hasn't been to but a few meets ... so does that take him out of being part of this team? So, my point is attendance shouldn't be a factor in your membership requirements.

Again, not to point out peeps but what about Mike, The guys down south, Chris ... These are people who are dedicated to their cars and do enjoy a show or meet if it's possible for them to make it. But if you hold that rule about 50-75% attendance, they would be out. It's not about the jobs that get in the way, there are other factors here as well.

20-30 dollar savings ... okay. But reserving a spot as a team at any event, planning out the action upon arrival and roll in ... those are other things you guys haven't been doing.

Sure there are times like the Planet Zero meets when everyone finds a location to meet up then roll, but that doesn't always happen. Shouldn't teams stick together and be around each other and roll in? Yes. To stand out amongst the Import Crowd here in Houston, you have to stand as a group. That's what you are trying to do right? Be noticed and be yet another team that can be recognized and somewhat respected amongst the peers of the car enthusiasts here in Houston.

But if things don't fall together, these things will not happen.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 03-30-2011, 02:40 PM   #26
ChuckDee
Ehh...

Fan#: 43589
What I Drive: 02 SC SVT

Points 17,687, Level 84
Points: 17,687, Level: 84 Points: 17,687, Level: 84 Points: 17,687, Level: 84
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 48 ChuckDee Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Well i believe we should have a group meeting the sunday morning we're all meeting up before we go to TXR (in 2 weeks). That way we can discuss about and see where our head is at in all of this. i'm not asking for a long ass meeting, but more like a quick talk about it before we roll out, just cause everyone will be there. I WILL be there early as hell (at least before anyone shows up) so we can all talk about this. I will clear a few things up right now:

*What I, AT LEAST, require for anyone to being apart of our crew is to attend at least some (not all) of our meets AND/OR at least try to join us in events or shows we'll attend. I know not everyone can make it to some of the meets or the car shows that some of us can go to, but at least show me that you're trying. Dean hasn't showed up to the monthly meets recently BUT he still showed with us at IR. If anyone that joins us, can at least do that, then i have no problem. The fact that you're willing to participate when it comes to reppin the team name, that's all it matters...or at least showing that you care about being apart with us.

*We do not discriminate based on the amount of mods or things done to your car. For us to overlook what's done to a car that's really understated in the automotive industry, is what will unite us all. I don't care if we don't get noticed as that car crew with so many "show worthy" cars i.e. sunworks, 16niss, etc. , as long as we're getting noticed as a car crew that can stand out from the others just based on what we stand for, then that's what matters to me. My goal one day, is to have a large group of focus owners show at a car show or a major event, just so we can make our mark and show to others that we're not non-existent car model, that we're not just an understated car group, that we're proud of what we drive and we don't give a damn about the haters.

*the team logo is the staying the same and will always be that way. We offer it in so many different colors and 2 different sizes (2"x12" and 5"x25").

*the "money pot" idea, of us having a savings pot for the team to us in certain cases like show entry fees and anything else relating to that, IS UNDER SPECULATION. it's a rough draft idea, which when we can come up with a more concrete plan, then we will make a vote out of it and see if it's something we want to do.

*We do things together as a whole, not individually. This is what the definition of the word "team" is all about. Whenever there's something that will affect the team as a whole, it will be brought to the table to be discuss among everyone. there won't be "oh, we decided to do this without letting you guys know first" going on, that's why i like discussions like these cause we get a conversation going about and talk more and see where everyone's opinion stands. then we can all try to come to one conclusion/ decision about whatever needs to be done.

Overall, i want to try and unite ALL of us focus owners under one name, that's my main purpose. None of the "who's allow to join the team and under what circumstances" bullshit, just something to call ourselves other than just a bunch of focus owners. That's why i brought up the idea of having a team(in the beginning), so we can say to everyone that we're one, unified group of focus owners and we call ourselves Team Focalize
Old 03-30-2011, 11:34 PM   #27
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2009 BMW 335i

Points 35,900, Level 100
Points: 35,900, Level: 100 Points: 35,900, Level: 100 Points: 35,900, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Most of this is what has been pointed out ... but not yet fully taken care of.

With the Houston crew split on this next step, it needs much more thought before becoming anymore than a show-crew name.

FYI, we are a unified group, FocusFanatics members. Hence why we are doing the huge TX Round Up, which is also a FocusSite gathering ... I say focussite, because we are now regrouping the FocalJet guys to join us as well.

Is that not uniting the Focus community?

Your idea assumes we have plenty ... and we don't. No need to break us down even more ... it's not like we are amongst a group of 100s to 1000s of honda/acura members. We are a handful of guys in one region of less than 20.

As for meeting right before the cruise to Austin ... why not talk after the AutoX runs? Aren't we doing a walkie talkie meet anyways?

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.
Old 03-30-2011, 11:55 PM   #28
ChuckDee
Ehh...

Points 17,687, Level 84
Level Up 68% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
when and where? i know it's this sunday but what time and where?
Old 03-31-2011, 12:13 AM   #29
FocusFreak09
Flat Black King

Fan#: 51243
What I Drive: 2001 Chevy Silverado

FF Reputation: 30 FocusFreak09 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Since ray and zab and whoever goes to see them autox, why not meet on this side of town. Theres plenty to eat, yall can make the drive. or we can do like i said and meet somewhere downtown so everyone has to drive.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 03-31-2011, 12:18 AM   #30
ChuckDee
Ehh...

Points 17,687, Level 84
Level Up 68% Completed
Forum Activity 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by tukaniSVT View Post
Most of this is what has been pointed out ... but not yet fully taken care of.

With the Houston crew split on this next step, it needs much more thought before becoming anymore than a show-crew name.

FYI, we are a unified group, FocusFanatics members. Hence why we are doing the huge TX Round Up, which is also a FocusSite gathering ... I say focussite, because we are now regrouping the FocalJet guys to join us as well.

Is that not uniting the Focus community?
well....yeah but i'm saying we should name ourselves something to the handful of guys over here. just like the guys over in alabama, georgia and florida call themselves the "gump crew" i want something down here in houston, or even in Texas really.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.