2012 Ford Focus Euro Headlamp Availability - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-29-2011, 02:05 PM   #21
GhiaFan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 9 GhiaFan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skippy905 View Post
From my experience, auto makers usually tend to cut back on expenses as the model year gets on in age, not add.
This is the new Ford and I have a feeling you will see Ford N.A. add features "if" the higher trim levels exceed Fords expectations (which I predict they will) and also more important if consumers make enough noise about these wanted features.
Ford is listening and reacting quickly to consumer demands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2011, 04:25 PM   #22
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile If americans stop complaining about 28k dollar foci then maybe you'll see LEDs and HIDs. And guess what, lots of complaints are coming from this very site, you dont think they are listening? If HIDs and leds were in the list each car would be close to $1000 more and people would be comaining even more about the price instead of looking to see what they are getting for it. Personally I want a freaking heated windshield, but thatll never come because americans complain to much. Sorry, if you want a cheap, a to b outdated car go buy a 2010-2011, plenty of those sitting around. But the 2012 is growing up, it wants options and if you dont want them just dont click the check box next to them. Everyones making a big stink that the focus is too expensive but its really not. Prices are similar to the 2011s and your even getting much more for your money. Its just you can load these things up with tons of options so thats why it has a high price ceiling. Stuff gets mor expensive as the years go on. I dont see my parents btchin that cars arent 5 grand anymore...but many of you are still stuck in 2000 and are complaining about a few grand.
Old 03-29-2011, 04:38 PM   #23
19COBRA93
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84093
What I Drive: 2003 DSG ZX3

FF Reputation: 2 19COBRA93 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
[But the 2012 is growing up, it wants options and if you dont want them just dont click the check box next to them.
That's exactly what we want, the option... For those looking for a cheap Focus, simply don't choose the option. For those wanting HID's, Ford if you're listening, give us the option. The new focus is supposed to be all grown up, but it doesn't include one of our favorite options. It has rain sensors, but no HID's? I'd gladly trade.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:55 PM   #24
twoplus2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84269
What I Drive: '12 Kona Blue Focus Titantium Sedan

FF Reputation: 1 twoplus2 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19COBRA93 View Post
That's exactly what we want, the option... For those looking for a cheap Focus, simply don't choose the option. For those wanting HID's, Ford if you're listening, give us the option. The new focus is supposed to be all grown up, but it doesn't include one of our favorite options. It has rain sensors, but no HID's? I'd gladly trade.
Same here.. I was actually suprised that didnt put it into the "Luxury" package.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:11 PM   #25
DEREKC
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 82958
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Ford Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 DEREKC Good Standing Member
Ok, we are having a good discussion and it seems that most of us would opt to have the Euro headlamps if they were available. Why don't we all email Ford to ask for it, even if it is only available through the parts department. Personally I believe that this little detail elevates the car into luxury territory of the Audi A3, Volvo C30, etc, and would attract many many more buyers.

Here is an update on the Euro Headlamps. They are only standard on the Titanium X ($21 UK Pounds)

Bi-xenon headlights
Casting a powerful beam, the swept-back bi-xenon headlights (Standard on Titanium X) provide twice as much light as standard halogen bulbs yet use less energy.

LED Day Running lights
Fitted with bi-xenon headlights, LED Day Running lights add stylish good looks and help you stand out more on the road. The ultra bright LED rear lights also improve visibility
Old 03-29-2011, 07:22 PM   #26
Skippy905
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 84128
What I Drive: 2006 Honda Pilot

FF Reputation: 2 Skippy905 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Posted via FF Mobile If americans stop complaining about 28k dollar foci then maybe you'll see LEDs and HIDs. And guess what, lots of complaints are coming from this very site, you dont think they are listening?
Dead on!!!! That is the exact reason we don't get some of the options available in Europe. Sure they could be options, and you wouldn't have to check them. But people still would check what they WISH that they could have, and then complain even more that it is now $10k more than an Elantra/Cruze/Mazda3/etc.
This is the same reason we never got the RS. Sure people say they want it, and sure some people actually would get it, but once they are faced with actually dishing out the cash, they choke and get something cheaper.
These LED's are nice, and I'm sure people will want it. But show up to the dealer and pay an extra $1000 and people suddenly stop showing interest.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:06 PM   #27
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile I bet theyll come on the ST...

But then people will complain its 27, 28k...and Ford will drop em.
Old 03-29-2011, 09:39 PM   #28
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I will gladly order them from the European parts department and fit them to my car. Them and the LED tail lamps that are part of the package

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 03-29-2011, 10:03 PM   #29
RedsGT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83174
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 RedsGT Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
I will gladly order them from the European parts department and fit them to my car. Them and the LED tail lamps that are part of the package
I'm probably going to do the same.
Old 03-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #30
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
Quote:
Posted via FF Mobile If americans stop complaining about 28k dollar foci then maybe you'll see LEDs and HIDs. And guess what, lots of complaints are coming from this very site, you dont think they are listening? If HIDs and leds were in the list each car would be close to $1000 more and people would be comaining even more about the price instead of looking to see what they are getting for it. Personally I want a freaking heated windshield, but thatll never come because americans complain to much. Sorry, if you want a cheap, a to b outdated car go buy a 2010-2011, plenty of those sitting around. But the 2012 is growing up, it wants options and if you dont want them just dont click the check box next to them. Everyones making a big stink that the focus is too expensive but its really not. Prices are similar to the 2011s and your even getting much more for your money. Its just you can load these things up with tons of options so thats why it has a high price ceiling. Stuff gets mor expensive as the years go on. I dont see my parents btchin that cars arent 5 grand anymore...but many of you are still stuck in 2000 and are complaining about a few grand.
did u ever stop and think that maybe its not the cost the consumer is unwilling to pay that makes car companies kill features, but maybe the cost to make said features compliant with standards and regulations the company has to pay that makes them decide the feature is not cost effective? i say that to say maybe theres more to the whole story than people not willing to pay 28 grand for a compact car...

perhaps due to time constraints, ford is in the works of designing an hid option that better suits the NA car for the next model year

perhaps due to budget constraints, ford is holding off on this feature for more funding

perhaps ford is awaiting feedback to see if this option would sell and what trim levels should have them as optional equipment, standard, and what option package they should be apart of?

im sorry im just sick of reading your "ZOMFG EVERYONE HATES THE NEW FOCUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and "AMERICANS ARE SO F"ING CHEAP!!!!!!!" replies which arent true because everyday i read of a new person ordering theirs, highly considering one, posting vin numbers and build dates and the like.

if you feel you want this feature be PROACTIVE, voice your opinion to FoMoCo and actually get something done.

[\rant]

Bookmarks & Social Networks