Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 15 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #141
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emerrill View Post
Note that cars seem to be being built 5-6 days after they get scheduled (eg cars getting scheduled today are getting build dates of ~3/24). Delivery after that is as little as 3-4 days after that, but that really depends on location, shipping methods, dealers deliveries, etc and could be a few weeks for those on the west coast.

I know somebody who had their retail order get scheduled on 3/11, build on 3/17, and dealer delivery is expected mid next week.

Yes, the lack of info is painful, but reality isn't necessarily as doom and gloom as some want to make it sound.

They have started scheduling retail, but have only been doing it for a little over a week. There are people with retail orders and VINs, but not a ton yet.
emerrill, you are talking to the same person on both forums. I signed up here but my name was already taken. I will repost on this forum so we don't spread incorrect information.

Please know that I am not pulling this stuff out of thin air. Cars are not built within 5-6 days after getting scheduled. They plan production a few weeks out for assembly and supplies. On shipping, by the time it releases from plant and gets on a railcar or transport, it's usually at least 2 weeks time depending on location of dealership.

The person you talked to has bad information. While I can't dispute the dates, the car was not ordered by the dealer as a "retail" order. Sometimes dealers will tell you what you want to hear to sell you the car, then push the date back later. Not saying this is the situation, but these dates are very aggressive.

It's not doom and gloom. It's a reality that true "retail" entered orders (submitted in October or November) will have a wait close to 6 months by the time it's all said and done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emerrill View Post
They have started scheduling retail, but have only been doing it for a little over a week. There are people with retail orders and VINs, but not a ton yet.
If you are basing this off of the "public" dealer inventory search pages, these are "stock" orders. "Retail" orders to not appear on the public site. Everyone that has posted here with a VIN had their order submitted by their dealer as "stock". No (as dealer submitted) "retail" orders are have not been verified scheduled at this time.

Last edited by csvt2060; 03-18-2011 at 04:17 PM. Reason: .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 03:52 PM   #142
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
Good to hear some stright up information on this subject.

Thanks
Old 03-18-2011, 03:54 PM   #143
Jayshaw91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83891
What I Drive: Crappy Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 Jayshaw91 Good Standing Member
Ok, so I ordered Jan 31. Are you telling me it'll be the end of summer before I see my new car?
Old 03-18-2011, 04:14 PM   #144
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayshaw91 View Post
Ok, so I ordered Jan 31. Are you telling me it'll be the end of summer before I see my new car?
My personal estimate would be May at the earliest if there are no holds, shipping or supplier delays.

When I said 6 months, I meant for those of us that ordered in October or November.
Old 03-18-2011, 04:28 PM   #145
Jayshaw91
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83891
What I Drive: Crappy Pontiac G6

FF Reputation: 1 Jayshaw91 Good Standing Member
Thought so... wanted to be clear. I'm fully prepared to wait until late April/early May. I had anticipated that for the most part, anyway. That doesn't mean my fingers aren't crossed for a much sooner delivery :)
Old 03-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #146
c_los7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 82881
What I Drive: red 08 focus, black04 avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 c_los7 Good Standing Member
This is why I cancelled my order. And bought a chevy avalanche. Work pays for my gas so I said it and got a truck. Lol
Old 03-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #147
c_los7
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 82881
What I Drive: red 08 focus, black04 avalanche

FF Reputation: 1 c_los7 Good Standing Member
I meant to say. I keep my 08 focus and traded my 04 avalanche for a 2011 avalanche as it's the last year they are making the truck. I'll now wait till the new focus is around for awhile
Old 03-18-2011, 07:05 PM   #148
shackman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83621
What I Drive: 1999 Nissan Maxima

FF Reputation: 1 shackman Good Standing Member
The last four of my VIN is 4149. Pretty cool. This car can't arrive soon enough.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:28 PM   #149
emerrill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83959
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5dr Titanium Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 2 emerrill Good Standing Member
Ok, so I got some more details about what is going on. I can't really go into details - so believe me or don't.

They are scheduling Retail orders, BUT (and this is a really big but), they are not scheduling Retail orders that have MyFord Touch..........

They are scheduling stock orders with MyFord Touch, but a very large percentage of them fail testing, and are being held. For this reason, MFT cars will be very rare at dealers (good lock walking onto a lot and buying one any time soon), you are mainly going to see S/SE and some SELs. There are plenty of MFT Stock cars that are built, but they are piled up waiting for a solution.

So yeah, if you have MFT on your order, don't hold your breath.

But the good news about them doing it this way (holding the Retail cars until the solution is found), is that once they have the solution, the cars being built wil ship immediately, instead of having to wait for the 2500+ cars they have on site to be fixed.
Old 03-19-2011, 12:37 PM   #150
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
Thanks, I did order that on mine but I also understand why they are holding them. A lot of us buying the new T-Bird back in 2002 had their cars on hold or called back to the factory because of defective hydraulic cooling fans. They wanted to get it right before releasing them to everyone.

emerrill, just noticed what you drive. I have an 05 500 SEL AWD, my everyday driver, that I'm trading in on the Focus Titanium.

Bookmarks & Social Networks