Post For 2012 When You Get a Vin# - Page 14 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-18-2011, 08:23 AM   #131
e30og
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83765
What I Drive: '13 SG 4dr, Manual

FF Reputation: 2 e30og Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lionscornbread50 View Post
I ordered a 5speed se hatch with the sport pkg. and the optional 17in wheels on feb 20th. So far no VIN yet.
how much was this if you dont mind me asking
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2011, 09:16 AM   #132
shackman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83621
What I Drive: 1999 Nissan Maxima

FF Reputation: 1 shackman Good Standing Member
Pre-ordered mine 3 weeks ago

The dealer says he still hasn't placed the order because Ford is only taking retail orders. I didn't believe him when he told me and now I'm remembering he had to place the order with Ford by March 15th in order for me to get the $500 dollar rebate. Is this correct or am I misremembering?
Old 03-18-2011, 11:33 AM   #133
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83191
What I Drive: 2012 Blue Candy Titanium Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Gobird Good Standing Member
The order had to be placed before the end of Feb. to get the $500.00 rebate. That's according to what was stated on the Ford web site. Plus, you were supposed to print out your pre-order from their site and show it to your dealer.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:12 PM   #134
csvt2060
Focus Addict

Fan#: 84122
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Escape Titanium

FF Reputation: 2 csvt2060 Good Standing Member
To get the $500.00 rebate the order had to be placed by the dealer as a retail. To the people that already have VIN's/ ship dates....the dealer placed your order as a "stock" unit, that's why it is showing up on the inventory search pages. If your unit was "retail" it would not show there. They have not scheduled any retails yet, because they were waiting until the OK to ship which happened last week.

If the dealer didn't read the fine print of the claiming process from Ford, it will not be valid, and either you won't get the rebate or it will be coming out of the dealers pocket.

Just wanted to give some more information to the people that ordered way before others and are frustrated they have not got a VIN yet.

I am in the same boat. I ordered as "retail" back in November and as of today my car is still not scheduled for production. I have mixed feelings about this process, but over everything I think it's way to long of a wait to at least get a production date. And it's hard knowing that even though I will eventually get a date, it can be up to two months or more after that when it will physically arrive at the dealership. So we are looking at 6 months total from order date to delivery.

It's also frustrating that the people who ordered as "retail" basically get cut in line by orders submitted for customers as "stock". I know there is no way for Ford to verify otherwise, but it's difficult seeing cars that will be delieverd to customers and also sitting on lots while my order sits unattended.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:45 PM   #135
shackman
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83621
What I Drive: 1999 Nissan Maxima

FF Reputation: 1 shackman Good Standing Member
Gobird - Yeah, I went through that. I had to place my order with the dealer by the end of Feb but then they had to place their order with Ford by a certain date which I thought was March 15th.

Csvt - Thanks for the info. Our situation is a bummer, good luck to you.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:51 PM   #136
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

I know my dealer placed my order the same day I ordered it from them,Feb.9. I did have to go back to them a day later to sign some papers for the rebate.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #137
itr86
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 84086
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Focus SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 1 itr86 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
I am in the same boat. I ordered as "retail" back in November and as of today my car is still not scheduled for production. I have mixed feelings about this process, but over everything I think it's way to long of a wait to at least get a production date. And it's hard knowing that even though I will eventually get a date, it can be up to two months or more after that when it will physically arrive at the dealership. So we are looking at 6 months total from order date to delivery.

It's also frustrating that the people who ordered as "retail" basically get cut in line by orders submitted for customers as "stock". I know there is no way for Ford to verify otherwise, but it's difficult seeing cars that will be delieverd to customers and also sitting on lots while my order sits unattended.
Thats's absoluely ridiculous. I also ordered in November, and if it hasnt even been scheduled to be built yet I'm going to reconsider even buying.
Old 03-18-2011, 01:17 PM   #138
Gobird
Focus Enthusiast

I have waited much longer for a Ford. Back in Dec. 2000 I placed my order for my 2002 Thunderbird. It came in on Jan. 2002. It was a 13 month wait so the time doesn't bother me that much.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #139
emerrill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83959
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5dr Titanium Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 2 emerrill Good Standing Member
Note that cars seem to be being built 5-6 days after they get scheduled (eg cars getting scheduled today are getting build dates of ~3/24). Delivery after that is as little as 3-4 days after that, but that really depends on location, shipping methods, dealers deliveries, etc and could be a few weeks for those on the west coast.

I know somebody who had their retail order get scheduled on 3/11, build on 3/17, and dealer delivery is expected mid next week.

Yes, the lack of info is painful, but reality isn't necessarily as doom and gloom as some want to make it sound.
Old 03-18-2011, 03:45 PM   #140
emerrill
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 83959
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5dr Titanium Candy Blue

FF Reputation: 2 emerrill Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by csvt2060 View Post
To the people that already have VIN's/ ship dates....the dealer placed your order as a "stock" unit, that's why it is showing up on the inventory search pages. If your unit was "retail" it would not show there. They have not scheduled any retails yet, because they were waiting until the OK to ship which happened last week.
They have started scheduling retail, but have only been doing it for a little over a week. There are people with retail orders and VINs, but not a ton yet.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.