F2 style kits - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Extreme Dimensions, Inc

Extreme Dimensions, Inc Discuss about body kits, carbon fiber hoods and appearance upgrades for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Extreme Dimensions

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-12-2011, 07:56 PM   #11
ViperThreat
Moderator OF DOOM

Fan#: 66026
What I Drive: '06 WRX Wagon 285whp/292wtq

FF Reputation: 8 ViperThreat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I have the 0-04 F2 RS standard width front bumper.

Opinions:

1. it doesn't fit quite right, the rubbery plastic its made out of warps in the sun easily, and as a result, by the time i purchased it, getting it to fit on the car, and look seamless was ALOT of work, and even now, it still has alot of issues.

2. It flares out around the bottom, and i had to cut and modify the lower half of the bumper to keep it from flaring out wide on the sides, and from caving in and under on the front.

3. the foglight holes dont give many options for mounting fogs. My first set of fogs had an intricate maze of mounting brackets, which never were quite right. I took them off and glued the lights on, but they fell off shortly after. Now, i have another set of lights, but they are held on by a mass of duct-tape and electrical tape. Its unconventional and shabby, but nothing else really works.

4. In terms of aesthetics... Its a shame that the vents on the side are integrated, i would have liked to have something i could take off and have wrapped in carbon fiber, or at least vinyled. It would be even nicer if it could have been compatible with OEM RS vents. Another complaint i have, is that the bumper is substantially lower than the regular bumper. I have stock SVT suspension, and im already dragging quite alot. If i were to put a splitter on, or lower my car, there's no way i could even get up my driveway, no matter how much i angled it. If it were 1/2"-1" shorter, it could still retain the looks, but be much for functional.

Id definitely be interested in a bumper if the above problems were fixed. Otherwise, ill probably go back to the SVT when i paint my car.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-16-2011, 09:19 PM   #12
Nfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38741
What I Drive: 06' Silver, ZX3 SE Team DURATEC #03

FF Reputation: 2 Nfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Seeing how F2 is the only US co. that had a kit like the RS and with out a doubt wanted by all... It had the looks of being offered as a Ford stock part, agressive but not so crazy you get shuned, had placment for side markers that looked like they should be exactly where they were designed, fogs for those who want them. I must say the wide body option was on my list, as soon as i paid my car off F2usa went under and i am no longer able to get any kit close to it.... a second best is the Pro-DTM. but its no F2 RS kit..

I would drop 1000$ for the kit and not think twice... with the option of standard and wide body you cant go wrong.... F2 left lots and lots of focus owners out there stranded with the loss of no body kit matching the overwhelming "need to have" the FORD FOCUS EURO RS body

There isnt a Focus owner (and im more of a Acura guy) on here that that would give their first child for a Euro Focus, and you could count me in that line as well, Ford has never listened to its US base and give us the better focus, we were always second best...

Now is your chance to pick up where F2 (had a good start) and Ford left us short, cold, and in the rain.
US MARINE, above all!
Old 03-17-2011, 10:19 PM   #13
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Two good points of info mentioned above. Now just make it in our lifetime. It would sell better than any of your current offerings.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 03-18-2011, 11:54 AM   #14
Extreme Dimensions
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 53558
What I Drive: Too Many To List

FF Reputation: 2 Extreme Dimensions Good Standing Member
What's strange is that the F2 website still works. If we could find one of the RS kits for sale, I'm about 97% certain we would snatch it up.
Old 03-18-2011, 12:28 PM   #15
Blue5ive
R.I.P Kona

Fan#: 83941
What I Drive: 2003 TW Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 Blue5ive Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Smile

Ok, someone with a good F2 front end needs to sacrifice for the cause. On a side note i read on fj that the company who bought F2s stuff has a few bumpers. Maybe you could find out who and see if they'd sell you one.
Hatch Nation #9
"2 by 2 Hands of Blue."
Old 03-18-2011, 12:58 PM   #16
Dung1sm
Atx PZEV FTW!

Fan#: 52323
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 4 Dung1sm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
hey ken...if you gusy snatch one of these up... you cant put me down for one! make it...and ill buy it!
So Cal Crew#43
Sedan Revolution #130

Moderator for:
South West Fanatics
Ford Focus & General Car Chat
Ford Focus Build Showroom
Old 03-18-2011, 01:02 PM   #17
drunkyoda
Hmmmmm

Fan#: 65151
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black LX

FF Reputation: 9 drunkyoda Good Standing Member
i would definately get front at least for my 03 possibly rear
Old 03-18-2011, 01:05 PM   #18
SvviftSVT
Release the Kraken!!

Fan#: 58277
What I Drive: Green-Eyed 2004 Black SVT #0461

FF Reputation: 10 SvviftSVT Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
If y'all had the RS Collection rear, i would be all over it. with the f2 for the front. :)
TeamFOCALIZE!// HATCH NATION #45// October '12 ROTM

Track build will commence by Christmas (hopefully)
Old 03-18-2011, 07:40 PM   #19
Nfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 38741
What I Drive: 06' Silver, ZX3 SE Team DURATEC #03

FF Reputation: 2 Nfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Dear E.D.

You ask and you shal recieve... This being said the F2USA site was down (last i lookded) but new info has come up and the new owners are looking to make the kit again, but want to know who would like it... Seeing how you already have the jump on that they are also looking to sale the mold to make them... HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT HINT... oh and one more HINT!!!!!!! Quick get the mold and put this thing in production today... what your still reading this and not making it... put the keyboard down and walk away. LOL.

www.GP-Werks.Com is the new owner sitting on the gold mine and they have let it be known that they are willing to part with the mold...

The real question is how fast are you willing to corner the market...
Quote:
Exterior

We do have the Focus RS kits in our hands and we are interested in bringing these back into production but we need feedback to go ahead and start this production run! If you are interested please let us know and send us an email at gpwerks1@gmail.com this will help us to gauge interest.....

Also we are looking at offering the molds to anyone that might want to purchase them...contact us as well!

Thanks

GP-Werks

There are no products in this category.
Your welcome...
US MARINE, above all!
Old 03-18-2011, 08:00 PM   #20
War Machine
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 70499
What I Drive: 2003 Focus Wagon, Zetec, 5-Speed

FF Reputation: 1 War Machine Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
RS Replica Kit

I have a wagon, but I would be very interested in a replica RS kit. I would surely be interested in the front bumper and the RS style (flared) front fenders. Would the fenders be aluminum, CF, or Duraflex?

I was just doing a search for RS fenders and they seem to be in unavailable. But some RS bumpers seem to be available. Capaldi racing has them for sale on their webpage.

Bookmarks & Social Networks