High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 50 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-15-2011, 01:33 PM   #491
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSVTguy View Post
This should stay in price range with the SVT Focus. With the way the economy is, I don't think were ready for a $30k Ford Focus - turbo or not. If they release the orange ones and price it under $25k then I'm buying one. I got my svt new for $18k with $4k down and put my payments at $281. I'm not going to be paying more than $400/month for a Focus so they better price it right. Otherwise I'd rather buy a Luxus IS.
This is craziness... For one Ford lost money on the SVT Focus, which is why it didn't have the JRSC on it, that it was originally supposed to have. Its going to cost around the same as an MS3, or a GTI.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2011, 05:20 PM   #492
tallguy2.3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79885
What I Drive: 2005 Infra-red Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 tallguy2.3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think the car will be 25-30k.

And I for one am anxiously saving pennies. (Now back to work so I can actually buy one!!)
Old 01-15-2011, 07:08 PM   #493
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
This should stay in price range with the SVT Focus. With the way the economy is, I don't think were ready for a $30k Ford Focus - turbo or not. If they release the orange ones and price it under $25k then I'm buying one. I got my svt new for $18k with $4k down and put my payments at $281. I'm not going to be paying more than $400/month for a Focus so they better price it right. Otherwise I'd rather buy a Luxus IS.

Posted via FF Mobile While I agree that there are gonna be tons of people who want it but can't afford it, I can't help but lol when people say stuff like this. You want a new car to cost what a new car did five years ago, technically 7 in car years. That's not going to happen and really it's not Fords fault.
Old 01-15-2011, 07:14 PM   #494
BLRich1
Nope, Chuck Testa

Fan#: 22758
What I Drive: '14 TB ST3, '04 Silver SVT

FF Reputation: 17 BLRich1 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
You can't hardly buy anything for under $20K. How could you expect the performance version of a car be anywhere close to that price point?
'04 CD Silver SVT, #877, 1 of 135 May 2011 ROTM, FF11: Best Display, Best of Show; AFN12: Best SVT, Best Audio, Finest Five, Carlisle Nifty Fifty
Old 01-15-2011, 07:20 PM   #495
kline
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73283
What I Drive: 2009 black ses

FF Reputation: 1 kline Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by HaveBlue83 View Post
soooooo many people on here sayin' "ITS MY NEXT CAR OMGZZ!!!!!"

most people on here have cars that cost 18K and they are trying to make payments and all on them.

if i didnt go to iraq i would have just paid my first SVTF off a few months ago from when i bought it in 2005. i had like 5-6 year payments. crazy.

I wanna know how all these under 30 kids that want this are gonna afford a $27K car payment. .....cause ur not.

look at the MS3. its what the Focus ST is gonna directly contend with. look at the 2010 pricing.....$21-23K is what average people paid for them. FWD, turbo, 5 doors, and a great design that is proven.

if you come out with the ST and price it at 25-27K, what are we getting that is gonna make it a no brainer for us to choose the ST? otherwise, do a price from $21-23K average (msrp may be more, yadda yadda) and then make it a contender. otherwise its gonna sit on the lots and look......if you think so......pretty.

on the flipside, it gives me free reign on a lot of CHEAP SVT foci that will be in the BST section for 4-5K!!!!! .....in hindsight, buy the ST!!!
im under 30 and i can get the st with payments easy... as long as i dont get a married anytime soon
Old 01-15-2011, 09:05 PM   #496
DognamedMack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21406
What I Drive: kah

FF Reputation: 3 DognamedMack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
From what I saw when the SVT came out it was selling about the same price as a loaded ZX3 because dealers didn't know what they had. Well at least the big dealer near me selling the 2002 SVTf for 16-17K. I didn't follow it but I do believe the SVT ended up only about 2K above a decently loaded ZX3.

I hope the ST is less that 30K but would accept it at that price if fully loaded. For giggles the other day I priced a Mustang. V6 Premium with some decent options came to 30K. I think the GT starts at 28 or 29K. Ford would be cutting into the sales of one car or the other if the ST was at 30K. I know the ST will be a limited run but could you imagine the headlines "Focus ST outsells and undercuts Mustang sales".
I remember being at the 2000 SVT show in Michigan and the Lightning's were taking out the Cobra's at the drag strip. Stock vs stock. Part of the reason for the SC in newer Cobra's.

Another thing to ponder over is my 07 ranger sold for $24500 in 07 and the same truck in 2010 sold for about $28000 and still did not have every single feature my 07 has. 1" lower, no 4.10 gear ratio and no bucket seats.
Old 01-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #497
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
^^you have to price it the same as its direct competators.

SRT-4
MS3
Cobalt SS (new ones??)
etc.

you cant make the ST the middleman from MS3 to EVO/STi/even Mustang GT. that means you spent almost enough to get the full rally /V8 goodies, but you didn't.

Posted via FF Mobile Any reason why you didn't include the GTI in your list..because I'd say that's it's greatest competitor at the moment, and is priced the same. And 23195 is the base price for an Ms3 also. The ST will have a base price of 24.5k....my educated guess.

But seriously, price has been talked about enough in here, before everyone starts getting their panties in a bunch we should just wait for the officially official price.

Or maybe Ford will just decide to not bring it to production because too many people complained about it before it was even out, and just assumed they lost their enthusiast fan base.
Old 01-16-2011, 01:05 AM   #498
OrangeSVTguy
Get Squashed

Fan#: 33384
What I Drive: '04 Comp. Orange SVT 3dr.

FF Reputation: 44 OrangeSVTguy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (16)
I don't think it will be $27k. That will be in the price range of the Mustang GT. And we all know the Mustang is Ford's baby so they won't want to cannibalize their sales. The base Mustang is $22k and has 300hp.

Since the 2012 Focus is going to be a world platform, they'll be able to drop the prices anyways since they don't have to design/build multiple versions of the same platform.
SVT Squad #227 || Build # 1329 of 1978 || FF ROTM Oct. 2006
Old 01-16-2011, 10:51 AM   #499
DognamedMack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21406
What I Drive: kah

FF Reputation: 3 DognamedMack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
But seriously, price has been talked about enough in here, before everyone starts getting their panties in a bunch we should just wait for the officially official price.
Quote:
I don't think it will be $27k. That will be in the price range of the Mustang GT. And we all know the Mustang is Ford's baby so they won't want to cannibalize their sales. The base Mustang is $22k and has 300hp.
Thank you
Old 01-16-2011, 02:43 PM   #500
bigjordan
AAAHHHHH!!!!

Fan#: 35026
What I Drive: miata

FF Reputation: 7 bigjordan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
i forgot about gti. but that and the cobalt are available in 2door style. the gti covers more as it comes in 2 & 4 door combos (the smartest and best idea for all)
The cobalt is no more.

Bookmarks & Social Networks