About OEM seat heater switches and aftermarket pads - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades

SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2002-204 SVT Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-21-2010, 11:31 PM   #1
miragesmack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65159
What I Drive: 2000 Sony Edition Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 miragesmack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
About OEM seat heater switches and aftermarket pads

I'm adding aftermarket heating pads to new leather seats. I'd like to use the OEM SVT type console switches, assuming they will work, though have only seen pics of them and not seen them in real life. If anyone can help me with a few questions, I'd appreciate it. I am a visual person, and I feel like I'm blind not seeing these up close.

1) Do they wire into a connector/plug I assume? I see the switches for sale at dealers, but never the plug they connect into.

2) Can they be wired without the factory plug, using normal wire connectors and plugs? I can't tell from the pics.

The pad maker says to only use their switches, not sure why yet, it may just be a liability issue. But if I do that, I'll need a new console bezel, plus I am converting the traction control to an OD switch for a future shifter handle mod.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2010, 04:12 AM   #2
Davey Boy
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 78161
What I Drive: 03 Black SVT

FF Reputation: 5 Davey Boy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by miragesmack View Post
I'm adding aftermarket heating pads to new leather seats. I'd like to use the OEM SVT type console switches, assuming they will work, though have only seen pics of them and not seen them in real life. If anyone can help me with a few questions, I'd appreciate it. I am a visual person, and I feel like I'm blind not seeing these up close.

1) Do they wire into a connector/plug I assume? I see the switches for sale at dealers, but never the plug they connect into.

2) Can they be wired without the factory plug, using normal wire connectors and plugs? I can't tell from the pics.

The pad maker says to only use their switches, not sure why yet, it may just be a liability issue. But if I do that, I'll need a new console bezel, plus I am converting the traction control to an OD switch for a future shifter handle mod.
I'm not at all sure, but i'd be willing to bet you could just take an old wiring harness from the SVT switches and wire the aftermarket seats into it, assuming the power suppied/needed match.
Old 12-22-2010, 09:50 AM   #3
RyEnd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79933
What I Drive: 02SVTF, 93Bronco, 06SL500, 03Camry

FF Reputation: 3 RyEnd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davey Boy View Post
I'm not at all sure, but i'd be willing to bet you could just take an old wiring harness from the SVT switches and wire the aftermarket seats into it, assuming the power suppied/needed match.
This. It's just a simple plug. I'm 95% sure you could reuse the switches for aftermarket pads.
Old 12-25-2010, 06:30 PM   #4
miragesmack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65159
What I Drive: 2000 Sony Edition Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 miragesmack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
Yeah, the pad seller is saying that it won't work. How many connectors to the SVT heater switches? The aftermarket switches have 2, I thought SVT had 3.

Bookmarks & Social Networks