"Don't Ask, Don't Tell" - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Off-Topic Discussions > Military Fanatics

Military Fanatics A place dedicated to our members in uniform. Here you can hang out, share stories as well as keep us updated with day-to-day activities.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-23-2010, 05:09 PM   #21
Onlyford4me
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbones00SE View Post
Why would separate housing be needed? Take your shower and get out. Some of you act like now that DADT has been repealed that a gay soldier is going to be standing in the corner of the shower watching soap suds wash down the crack of your butt while holding an erect penis in their hands.

Stop giving yourselves so much credit. I don't know about you, but even though I love women, doesn't mean I find everyone of them to be attractive and I get a boner everytime I see one naked. It also means that not every woman finds me attractive and thus every gay soldier won't find you attractive either.
So should I be allowed to shower with females then? I won't look, I promise . I'll just shower and get out. I'm attracted to females the same way gay guys are attracted to other guys. Should I be allowed to bunk with females when deployed as well? Since you weren't in the military, I can see why you don't see this as an issue. Especially when deployed for months on end, sexual frustration only gets worse. Now put all of those people together and see where the focus goes. It's human nature.

For months and months I did not have a shower to myself. Every morning it was wait your turn and get in and get out. Some days it was, "Screw it, where are my baby wipes." It was already uncomfortable as it was. And do I think every gay guy would be checking me out, hell no. But the possibility exists now especially when they can serve openly. There are a whole host of things that have to be hammered out with this issue in particular.

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2010, 05:27 PM   #22
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
and to inject a little humor on the subject... new D&C?
(sorry... had to do it...)

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-23-2010, 05:37 PM   #23
CJohn364
GoKart and Me!!!

Fan#: 49277
What I Drive: 2K5 ZX4 SEt (ATX) French Blue, Met

FF Reputation: 119 CJohn364 Excellent Standing MemberCJohn364 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Like it or not, there are still going to be a lot of people who will definately have issues with this. Just because it's a new policy doesn't mean it's going to change how certain people feel about the subject.
Sedan Revolution #61 / NW Posse #2
FF Moderator
Member Rules
Buy-Sell-Trade Rules
Complete 'How-To' Archive
General Racing Thread Rules
Old 12-23-2010, 07:41 PM   #24
madisonHQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81165
What I Drive: zx5

FF Reputation: 6 madisonHQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJohn364 View Post
Like it or not, there are still going to be a lot of people who will definately have issues with this. Just because it's a new policy doesn't mean it's going to change how certain people feel about the subject.
that's for sure john !!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:30 AM   #25
Dung1sm
Atx PZEV FTW!

Fan#: 52323
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 4 Dung1sm Good Standing Member
ok.. heres two solutions... put the gays in non deployable units for their entire contract, and should not be legible to re-enlist... there... at least they still served their country... or better yet... dont let them in at all... ive been in for 5 yrs already (not trying to be salty lol) and my corp has continuesly been getting fied over the yrs... the quality of new joins comming in has dropped below standard...allowing gays...again...setting ourselves up for failure....look im all about equality, but sometimes certain ppl just dont belong in certain fields of jobs...
So Cal Crew#43
Sedan Revolution #130

Moderator for:
South West Fanatics
Ford Focus & General Car Chat
Ford Focus Build Showroom
Old 12-24-2010, 11:03 AM   #26
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
^^Hey, at least You don't have to worry about a gay guy getting pregnant a week before(or after) deploying...

At the end of the day this is a feel good bill designed to give Mr. Obama a shot at a second term, and will turn out to be a logistical SNAFU of epic proportions, or a Military full of stinky straight men and women who are afraid to shower together for fear of dropping the soap
Old 12-24-2010, 06:46 PM   #27
madisonHQ
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 81165
What I Drive: zx5

FF Reputation: 6 madisonHQ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post
^^Hey, at least You don't have to worry about a gay guy getting pregnant a week before(or after) deploying...

At the end of the day this is a feel good bill designed to give Mr. Obama a shot at a second term, and will turn out to be a logistical SNAFU of epic proportions, or a Military full of stinky straight men and women who are afraid to shower together for fear of dropping the soap
hahaaaaa
Old 12-27-2010, 07:44 AM   #28
MacAttack
Focus Addict

Fan#: 79365
What I Drive: 2000 Dark Green SE

FF Reputation: 5 MacAttack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmiller_1974 View Post

Yeah, because gay people jump to stick their dick in the closest butthole.

Hell, I bet open gays would shower at different times, or as far away from the straight guys as possible. They don't want the awkwardness either.
Besides, showering with other guys is just plain weird, whether there's gays in there or not.
Old 12-27-2010, 10:06 AM   #29
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Seems as though there is a lot of concern over this DADT issue. As for the Marine sqawking about the infantry having no place for them....Seemed a little different in South Korea during Operation Fouled Eagle. 2300 Marines showed up on our camp and we built showers for them, and what have you. Ironically, we( Navy Seabees) caught a few of them doing what gay folks do. Didn't bother us one bit. You see, being gay isn't a disease or a decison a person makes. It's more complicated than that. It's is like, all of my life, I've liked women. I didn't decide that, it just happened. Same thing with gay people, they don't have a say in it. The hardest decision they have to make is whether or not to let others know. Problem with that, is when they do let others know the reation can be accepting or rejecting.
As Servicemembers in the United States of America, it is our duty to defend freedom and democracy around the world.......right, I mean we all took an oath, remember that? To defend the Constitution against all enemies......foreign and domestic.

I like to think of it this way. If someone came up to me and said, " You Sir, can't serve in the US Military because you like women. You must like men in order to serve", would more than likely get a two worded response. How is that different? Equal rights are equal rights. Anyone "serving" in our military should know this. Hell, that's how our military came about in the first place. We wanted to be free, to do our own thing and not be opressed. Food for thought.
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM
Old 12-27-2010, 10:33 AM   #30
Dung1sm
Atx PZEV FTW!

Fan#: 52323
What I Drive: 2005 Silver ZX4

FF Reputation: 4 Dung1sm Good Standing Member
looks like we lowered our standards again....sigh...
So Cal Crew#43
Sedan Revolution #130

Moderator for:
South West Fanatics
Ford Focus & General Car Chat
Ford Focus Build Showroom

Bookmarks & Social Networks