Focus is not a 1/4 mile car ... - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 12-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #71
SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbell75 View Post
No, its true. I dont know if hes weighed it but it has to be a few hundred pounds lighter than stock. He was also on some big ass MT drags for those high 12 and low 13 passes too. He has video of it on FJ. Pretty sweet car.
I have the vids on here too. The stang is on M/T 26 x 10 slicks. From a 40 roll, the Focus pulls on the Stang everytime. At the track, it's dead even off the line and through the 1/8 mile but from there the Focus pulls away.

Focus: 12.93 @ 105mph
Stang: 13.34 @ 103mph

The fox has a 5.0 roller block from a Thunderchicken, stock bottom end, stock compression, stock E7 heads w/ some porting work, Comp XE270 cam, stock valves and rockers, Hooker super comp headers w/ MAC dumps, Edlebrock Performer IM, Holly 600 carb w/ vacuum secondaries, Summit distributor w/ 10mm FRPP wires, 2500 stall, silverfox SPT-1 valvebody, external FRPP trans fluid cooler, 3.73 gear, and LSD. It makes for a nice weekend cruiser with full interior and everything.

Here is a vid of me taking a buddy of mine's 00 GT (video says "RFM 40th V6" cause that's his username on our forum when he had a V6, before he got the GT and he's yet to change it). His GT has heads/cams/IM/TB/CAI/LTs/basani catback/stage 2 clutch/Nitto 555Rs and I still beat him. Given it was on a holeshot but a win's a win. :)

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

and is a couple pics of my car in action and the gutted interior.

It's a completely stock longblock 2.0L duratec with a MTX-75 5speed. FSWerks stage 2 turbo kit @ 11psi, 2.5" FSW race exhaust, and Exedy stage 2 clutch is all performance wise unless you include the Optima. I haven't weighed the car but if I had to guess, somewhere around 2300lbs. I have manual windows and locks (saved the weight of motors and actuators). Basically if the car didn't need it to go down the track, it doesn't have it. Airbags and sensors have been removed as well as seatbelts and brackets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2010, 01:40 PM   #72
NateV8
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 80649
What I Drive: 2003, ZX5, Gray, Stick

FF Reputation: 1 NateV8 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Again. Not the best for drag racing.
With full suspension, advanced timing, gear and exhaust a fox runs mid to high 12s all day. With a cam you should run mid 12s easy.

And the 4.6 2v sucks on motor. Unless you are running the trick flow heads, boost is the only way to go on them.
Old 12-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #73
SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
No, it is not the best for drag racing. That doesn't mean it can't do it.
Old 12-09-2010, 08:43 PM   #74
goinloco1
Late for Dinner

Fan#: 8529
What I Drive: 13 stang

FF Reputation: 90 goinloco1 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NateV8 View Post
With full suspension, advanced timing, gear and exhaust a fox runs mid to high 12s all day. With a cam you should run mid 12s easy.

And the 4.6 2v sucks on motor. Unless you are running the trick flow heads, boost is the only way to go on them.
then again a mustangs not really that great in the twisties is it.
How about I throw a loop into your plans... something that requires speed and driving skills, something that would leave the mustang like a fish out of water flopping on the beach...
Yes folks, slalom drags...

Old 12-10-2010, 01:13 AM   #75
mbell75
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79288
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by goinloco1 View Post
then again a mustangs not really that great in the twisties is it.
How about I throw a loop into your plans... something that requires speed and driving skills, something that would leave the mustang like a fish out of water flopping on the beach...
Yes folks, slalom drags...
Sweet! That looks like fun! Wonder if they have those out here in SoCal.
Old 12-10-2010, 01:14 AM   #76
mbell75
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79288
What I Drive: 2005 ZX3

FF Reputation: 0 mbell75 Newbie
Quote:
A Mustang is pretty much built to drag, thats why you see a thousand of them at the drag strips. A Focus, that comes stock running high 17s is not. See the difference?
Old 12-10-2010, 08:54 AM   #77
Bwinkelsas
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50224
What I Drive: 2007, Screaming Yellow, ZX3 SES

FF Reputation: 2 Bwinkelsas Good Standing Member
this old thread... as said before a car is what you make it to be, every car has a different starting point if it be a 17 second honda or a 16 second focus 14 second mustang or 13 second camaro, drivetrain layout, to stock suspension setup, if everyone used the same "drag car" what fun would that be? does that mean a camaro is not a drag car either seeing how it does not have the best stock style suspension? vs a 4 link setup like a mustang? so would you continue to argue until you see nothing but foxbody mustangs at the drag strip?
Old 12-13-2010, 11:57 PM   #78
underoath
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50487
What I Drive: 02 mustang GT, 08 mini cooper S

FF Reputation: 1 underoath Good Standing Member
Quote:

WRONG, you can do those same mods as you posted on the fox to the 2v and run the same times... theres a bunch of stock longblock 2v's with a set of cams, gear, tires, little suspension and bolts going low 12's.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:31 PM   #79
drostedrummer89
I <3 my SVT

Fan#: 69059
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic SVT

FF Reputation: 8 drostedrummer89 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
That is the most ridiculous drag race I have ever seen. I feel like you should keep road racing for the road track, and straight line drags on a dragstrip.

The infamous "whistle tips" video has a slalom drag. If you don't feel like having a laugh, the race starts at 1:48 in the video.
YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 12-15-2010, 08:40 AM   #80
alex62390
BACON?

Fan#: 60434
What I Drive: 2004 svt focus EAP

FF Reputation: 22 alex62390 Great Standing Member
i read the first page of this thread and thought its pretty funny. I agree that the focus is not designed to be dragged, and making it a "good" drag car is going to defeat the purpose. i do not agree with the statement that it takes no skill. it does, just very little. like Nascar or drifting. If you ask any legitimate racer (i was talking to a driver for team Falken on Americam Le Mans. they think drag, drift and Nascar, are JOKES.

Cool your car can go fast in a straight line, but my sneeze (or fart if you like) is faster.
2004 svt focus EAP #658

Former Hatch Nation #08

Bookmarks & Social Networks