Auto Cross, Drag Racing, Car Show, Awards & Prizes - Register Now!
|10-26-2010, 12:03 AM||#1|
I Speed Often.
Zetec Turbo Build: 230-250whp, then 330+whp
I thought I would finally post my plans as this is getting much closer to being all put together after a long time collecting parts:
* My goals are 300-330whp once I put in the new engine I am building.
* Current goals on the stock engine are 230-250whp.
I suppose I will start with a parts list, let me know if I am missing anything:
- 2002 ZX3, manual tranny, 88k on clock.
INITIAL (on stock block):
- Turbonetics T3 super 60 .43 AR turbo, ceramic exhaust coating, polished.
- Turbonetics EVO wastegate (multiple psi springs)
- Custom manifold by TurboFab
- Custom DP and WG dump by Top Speed
- SVT 2.5" trubendz exhaust conversion
- Zetec 2.5" trubendz flex pipe
- 50lb injectors
- 2000 Intake manifold, ported
- Focus Central 70mm throttle body
- 180* thermostat w/new housing
- Lakewood traction bars --> might switch to TopSpeed's new design once out
- FS lower stress bar --> Will have to come off as the dp will not clear with it on
- CFM billet aluminum tensioner
- Massive 3 piece UDP
- Gates racing timing belt and acc belts
- Focus Power piping and intercooler
- Greddy type-S BOV
- Innovate wideband AF gauge
- AEM TruBoost turbo controller gauge
- Autometer digital oil pressure gauge
- STR high flow fuel rail
- EGR blockoff plate
- CFM breather plate
- SCT flash tuner
- TopSpeed battery tray/catchcan, slim battery, new terminals
- New much better conduction 1666 strand power cables, new grounds.
- stage3 coolant tank
- stage3 power steering tank
- JayRacing aluminum coolant junction
- New silicone vacuum hoses
- New billet aluminum vacuum junction
- ARP head studs
- New silicone coolant hoses
* I am switching all of the cooling system including hoses to -an hoses from 16 for the largest, 12 for mid size, and -6/-8 for smaller lines. Dominic is going to make a me a new -16an billet flange and fitting to attach to the stock thermostat housing as well as fab up an aluminum radiator w/-an fittings and side tanks.
* I am converting the entire power steering system from the retarded rubber and hard lines passing over the header to complete -6an lines with a fluidyne cooler to replace the makeshift crappy stock cooler. (Check posts on pgs 2-3+ for info on this and progress. It will soon be made as soon as the snow stops and I can go outside and take some measurements).
POST BUILT ENGINE:
- 2000 zetec block
- 9.0:1 Probe pistons
- Eagle Rods
- Stock bearings
- New svt oil pump
- new svt water pump
- Centerforce billet 9lb flywheel
- Torsen T2 LSD
- APR flywheel bolts
- ARP main bolts
* I may be missing things I have but I will try and remember...
* All of the above I have already bought and have installed some parts.
My questions are:
1) I need a clutch at some point, im sure it won't last long. I need some recommendations. I dont have a ton of money for this so an Exedy hyper-single for $1,100 isnt good lol.
2) I was going to have Terry Haynes from HMS install my LSD...he recommends getting the tower keyed, recommendations?
2.1) I was also thinking new shift forks in the tranny if i do a complete overhaul?
2.2) I wanted to lower my final drive gear to one from a duratec or zetec to a 3.41 (if i remember the num correctly) with pzev. Reason being to ease the power off the line for better traction.
3) I know my T3 super 60 is good for 325-330 if i remember correctly. What would be a good replacement after I want more power?
I'm gonna have more questions, but I will appreciate thoughts, comments, suggestions, criticisms!
FF Authorized Reseller
I do LED conversions: Focus / Cougar / Contour / Scion TC / Mustang / Fusion / Milan / Escape
Last edited by starfuryt550; 12-25-2010 at 01:32 PM.
|Bookmarks & Social Networks|