High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 30 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-04-2010, 10:35 AM   #291
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Safest spot in the car, to an extent. That's why she's sitting pretty in the middle in the SVT, because we know that side impact safety doesn't exactly shine on the ZX3-ZX5s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2010, 11:01 AM   #292
DognamedMack
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 21406
What I Drive: kah

FF Reputation: 3 DognamedMack Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
I don't know much about this car other than what I read here but it is going to be an ST not an RS. I am going to guess it will be the same as the SVT and 05 ST with a rear bench seat seating 5 total. It's also going to get what Ford thinks the US market wants. Unless the unibody floor is somehow different from the base model. Now the Euro model might see be similar to the RS in seating 4. But again it's supposed to be a world car.

But like anything I wouldn't hold my breath until it's made official by Ford
Old 10-04-2010, 11:05 AM   #293
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
God I hope it has those seats.... but I'm guessing they will be toned down.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:17 PM   #294
rgonyer
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 5268
What I Drive: 2013 Tangerine Scream Focus ST3

FF Reputation: 1 rgonyer Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fordcus Fan View Post
I got over 36 years of driving in the real world with all the idiots on the street. Driving in a controlled environment with semi.skilled/skilled drivers is a cakewalk in comparison. As for the last 15 years as a field tech driving in all weather extremes with over 3 million drivers, my 8 year old FWD SVTF has got me out of more trouble than any STi or evo could. Not ready for the new focus yet though.
You guys that are comparing the Evo and STI to a Focus SVT are insane. I'm sorry.

I have owned (2) 2003 Focus SVT's now. I *LOVE* the cars. Very fun, great handling etc.

We are also on our 3rd Evo. 1 was a 2003, and the last two have been 2006 MR versions. At this time, we still have both 1 SVT and 1 Evo IX MR. I have 20 years experience driving 120 miles day as well as driving both the SVT and EVO daily.

The SVT is a great car. The Evo is in a completely different league and should not be compared to an SVT. It is a factory built race car with neutral handling, incredibly easy to drive at it's limits, and insane power. It's not fun to drive every day to work however, because it's an animal, loud, harsh ride, etc. But it is a drivers car at $35k.

Again the SVT can't be beat at the price point it was at. But it is no Evo.

http://www.automobilemag.com/feature...ion/index.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9y6lIaGZA4w
Old 10-04-2010, 12:24 PM   #295
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Agreed rgonyer, the SVTF is no where near an Evo. now if you supercharge and SVT, and put it on coilovers with bigger sways, well it can run with it then.

Evos/Stis are sick cars, but I have one complaint about them. They are not very fast from a roll. These cars run low 13s stock, but trap slow which means they are only that fast because of a brutal AWD launch. An MS3 can walk an STi/Evo from a roll. Granted an Evo would be more fun on a track, but in the real world, I think it can be overrated...

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 10-04-2010, 12:42 PM   #296
GhiaFan
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 50498
What I Drive: 2007 Panther Black Focus 1.6 Ti-VCT

FF Reputation: 12 GhiaFan Great Standing Member
The ST will have 60/40 rear seat like the current ST

sorry this is the best I could find for the next gen ST rear seat

Old 10-04-2010, 12:47 PM   #297
SVT_ME
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53618
What I Drive: '02 Ranger XLT- '08.5 MS3 GT

FF Reputation: 7 SVT_ME Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
After reviewing the whole thread, I noticed that no one seems to have brought up concerns over eventual modding.

Don't get me wrong, this car packs a lot of go, but at some point we all want to go faster, so my thoughts are as follows:

Now, do you think, like the SVT, they have eeked out all the power they could from a 2.0? I realize it is boosted, and as such, has great potential... maybe.

They claim they have optimized the intake/exaust and have tuned it to what they feel is is well. It may be what they consider well, is, in fact, conservative by a modders standards.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but it seems to me that dissapointment awaits...

It would be a shame to have to drop mad money to squeeze a meager amount of power out of it, considering that a little over $1K on the MS3 will allow you to rape most everything (while still being able to corner ).

Also,

They better offer Black on Black seats. Because... Damn.

The placement of the stick seems to be a little far to my eye. but having never sat in it...

And for all the haters of the front end... Just be glad it isn't smiling at you!
Old 10-04-2010, 12:57 PM   #298
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 17 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Judging by the other Ecoboost engines, I think this will have a fairly small snail, and low boost PSI, leaving room to grow. People are making 450hp out of the SHO with minimal mods, I would think the 300 mark would be pretty easy with this motor, but I could be wrong.

On the SVT they took an aging engine and maxed it out, this is a newly designed motor, so I don't think we'll have the same issues.

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 10-04-2010, 01:01 PM   #299
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT_ME View Post
After reviewing the whole thread, I noticed that no one seems to have brought up concerns over eventual modding.

Don't get me wrong, this car packs a lot of go, but at some point we all want to go faster, so my thoughts are as follows:

Now, do you think, like the SVT, they have eeked out all the power they could from a 2.0? I realize it is boosted, and as such, has great potential... maybe.

They claim they have optimized the intake/exaust and have tuned it to what they feel is is well. It may be what they consider well, is, in fact, conservative by a modders standards.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see, but it seems to me that dissapointment awaits...

It would be a shame to have to drop mad money to squeeze a meager amount of power out of it, considering that a little over $1K on the MS3 will allow you to rape most everything (while still being able to corner ).

Also,

They better offer Black on Black seats. Because... Damn.

The placement of the stick seems to be a little far to my eye. but having never sat in it...

And for all the haters of the front end... Just be glad it isn't smiling at you!
You should be able to do good amounts of power with this new ST engine. The SVT was limited because of its naturally aspirated form. A factory turbocharged engine is a better start, since you know that it's somewhat beefier (for the lack of a better term) than what a stock high compression motor like the SVT is.

I hope that this new ST has a forged crank and additional oil squirters like the SVT has.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:02 PM   #300
SVT_ME
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 53618
What I Drive: '02 Ranger XLT- '08.5 MS3 GT

FF Reputation: 7 SVT_ME Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kylesvt720 View Post
Judging by the other Ecoboost engines, I think this will have a fairly small snail, and low boost PSI, leaving room to grow. People are making 450hp out of the SHO with minimal mods, I would think the 300 mark would be pretty easy with this motor, but I could be wrong.

On the SVT they took an aging engine and maxed it out, this is a newly designed motor, so I don't think we'll have the same issues.

Very true. Just thought i'd bring it up since all the focus seems to be on price...

Bookmarks & Social Networks