High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 22 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-24-2010, 10:07 AM   #211
coppertits
Focus Addict

Fan#: 22585
What I Drive: 07 silver MS3 gt

FF Reputation: 3 coppertits Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbones00SE View Post
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but he showed how a Fiesta ST (Yes, it was an older model), looks very similar to the MKII, which came out after it. In any case, if you disregard the pictures and look at what he said, it was clear that he was saying (cause he said so) that if you are the type of person who wants a car with the feel and styling of the MKI and MKII then the Fiesta is the car you will most relate to. The MKIII is a whole new car that doesn't look like the Focus as we like to think of the Focus because it's not. It's a new and different car, just with the name Focus. You can call it growing up or whatever, but it is what it is.

Now, I don't have a problem with it because in the 6 years I've owned my Focus, I've grown up too. So, this new Focus fits me perfectly. That's not going to happen with everyone. True, the Fiesta is 8 inches shorter than a MKI and in a lower class, but the Fiesta seems to better fit those who aren't feeling the new Focus.
yup yup

~zoom-zoom~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2010, 04:19 PM   #212
mayyay1232
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 78891
What I Drive: 2005,Black, Focus ST

FF Reputation: 1 mayyay1232 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
when do they come to the US!!!???:(
Old 09-24-2010, 04:29 PM   #213
voortrek3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 487
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 voortrek3 Good Standing Member
2012 model year should be available in Oct of 2011.
Old 09-24-2010, 04:36 PM   #214
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by voortrek3 View Post
2012 model year should be available in Oct of 2011.

Posted via FF Mobile Yes for the ST itll probably be fall 2012. Base model focus is expected Jan. Or Feb of 2011.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:17 PM   #215
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekGrugan View Post
Sure its not the best looking thing out there but it is very nice and farking rad and a heck of alot better looking then the base model 2012 Focus.
Haha, well the problem is it isn't better looking than the base one. I honestly think the base 2012 Focus looks better. But I guess to each their own. I mean we're all entitled to our own opinion. I'm personally not too distraught, because for once the affordable model looks better than the sport trim. And I'm fine with that. I felt the same way about the GTI too. I hope this trend continues!

Old 09-25-2010, 11:27 AM   #216
Focus112
Focus Addict

Fan#: 50026
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 5 Focus112 Good Standing Member
All you haters go buy a GTI and quit your bitchin....
Old 09-25-2010, 12:20 PM   #217
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Posted via FF Mobile We finally get something, and instead of omg idk what to think of the looks but FINALLLY ITS HERE A PERFORMANCE FOCUS!!! we get bitchn. Honestly FF has becoming very whiney in the passed few years. I understand peoples complaints for yeas but I said, dont worry a performance focus is coming be patient, and now it has. Instead of people being like wowo I was wrong Ford is doing great things...some people are just continuing to complain. I even said that most of these complainers are just complaining to complain because thats what kind of people they are. Even if we got the RS....someone would of complained about something.

So stop whining and embrace the new Ford that is giving us EVERYTHING that we've asked for since 2005...and honestly its pretty much everything. We asked for euro fords, were getting them, we dreamed of factory turbos, were getting them, we wanted quality to go up, we getting it, we wanted the focus to be global again, were getting it, we asked for the return of a true performance focus....we're getting it. We're pretty spoiled right now.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:05 PM   #218
FuriousFocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 26361
What I Drive: 02 Zetec 5speed

FF Reputation: 5 FuriousFocus Good Standing Member
^^^ Dark Knight is 100% right. Quit the whine/bitxh talk- we've got what we've wanted for so long. NOW GO BUY ONE! You know the aftermarket is going to go wild and probably 'fast and furious' on this one and we'll have any bumper choice we want for the ST. FF has changed some since I first joined back in 05 but I think most of it is for the better. There are some very car-smart people on this site. I never had to buy a manual for my car until I tackled the timing belt!

I plan on test driving one as soon as they hit the lots! I'd like a 4 door sometime in the next 3 years if they drive how I expect. Great job Ford on the new Focus and Focus ST! I want to see how far they will go with this platform now...can we still dream of one day seeing a Second Gen Focus RS possibly AWD - with 350HP? In my mind the ultimate EVO/STI fighter may be a possiblity in the future if the economy picks up and demand for this car is high. It would be great to see Ford beating the Japanese at there own "new muscle/sport-compact" game! Again- Great job Ford!!!
Old 09-25-2010, 06:32 PM   #219
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuriousFocus View Post
^^^ Dark Knight is 100% right. Quit the whine/bitxh talk- we've got what we've wanted for so long. NOW GO BUY ONE! You know the aftermarket is going to go wild and probably 'fast and furious' on this one and we'll have any bumper choice we want for the ST. FF has changed some since I first joined back in 05 but I think most of it is for the better. There are some very car-smart people on this site. I never had to buy a manual for my car until I tackled the timing belt!

I plan on test driving one as soon as they hit the lots! I'd like a 4 door sometime in the next 3 years if they drive how I expect. Great job Ford on the new Focus and Focus ST! I want to see how far they will go with this platform now...can we still dream of one day seeing a Second Gen Focus RS possibly AWD - with 350HP? In my mind the ultimate EVO/STI fighter may be a possiblity in the future if the economy picks up and demand for this car is high. It would be great to see Ford beating the Japanese at there own "new muscle/sport-compact" game! Again- Great job Ford!!!

Posted via FF Mobile Shouldnt be to hard, with the evo and stis 3500+ poundage and their 35k+ asking price I think Ford gas the capability of undercutting them with both...not to mention in the fuel economy and safety department as well. Next week well have official numbers on this car, price, engine states and hopefully fuel mileage. I really wont be surprised if they come out and say this thing will get 26mpg city and 35mpg hwy. If they can squeeze 31 out of the NA mustang they can certainly do it with the focus. And that will be a big deal.
Old 09-26-2010, 12:32 AM   #220
focus11
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62411
What I Drive: Honda Civic

FF Reputation: 2 focus11 Good Standing Member
Totally agree here with DrkKnight614. This thread has totally turned into a whine session. Like he said Ford is finally giving us all the good stuff from Europe and we should be very, very grateful. I know that I am. Ford is rocking the auto world right now and is just getting started. Personally, I'm not interested in the Focus ST. I want a non-ST Focus.

Bookmarks & Social Networks