High Performance 2012 Ford Focus ST - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus ST > Focus ST

Focus ST The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the MK3 2013-Current Focus ST.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-22-2010, 01:09 PM   #201
fwdsvtowner
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15906
What I Drive: 2004 Pitch Black SVT 3dr EAP

FF Reputation: 1 fwdsvtowner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Honestly, I think it's kinda ugly... but I thought the original Focus was ugly too, yet I still bought my SVT! I will likely keep my SVT and buy one of these... just not in that horrid gold puke color.

Here's to hoping it's not a total porker, and that we get Recaro seating. The concept can keep the stupid center exhaust and nav system.

The only real gripe is having to wait over a year for it...
Build #1111
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2010, 01:40 PM   #202
apagios
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by fwdsvtowner View Post
The only real gripe is having to wait over a year for it...
haha, I am not directing this at you specifically, more "us" as Focus enthusiasts, but we were just griping a few weeks back about not knowing for sure if there will be a "performance Focus" model, it was all just rumor to get excited about. Now we gripe about having to wait. Darn Ford needs to get with our demands and deliver one to our driveways right now!

Honestly I may get smacked for this but I really hope the center exhaust is just show car stuff and becomes a Ford Racing add on kit and the stock ST comes with exhaust on one side or the other. But that's entirely motivated by my selfish plans to tow a track Ducati 848 with a new ST in a couple years
Old 09-22-2010, 02:01 PM   #203
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
I wouldnt say the Fiesta is the new focus at all. Everyone needs to remeber some things. First off the focus we have is pretty much like 10 years old and so are the prices we were used to for it. Car prices go up all the time and just about every car gets bigger with redesigns, the focus is growning up. Hell the Fiesta is getting bigger too. Also the Focus isnt really getting bigger or more expensive, just to us it is, the mkii c1 focus already is bigger then the mki we have and carries a more premium price.

Oh and i think we are thinking to deeply about this, i really think copper thought the fiesta he has pictured is the new one lol.
Posted via FF Mobile
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but he showed how a Fiesta ST (Yes, it was an older model), looks very similar to the MKII, which came out after it. In any case, if you disregard the pictures and look at what he said, it was clear that he was saying (cause he said so) that if you are the type of person who wants a car with the feel and styling of the MKI and MKII then the Fiesta is the car you will most relate to. The MKIII is a whole new car that doesn't look like the Focus as we like to think of the Focus because it's not. It's a new and different car, just with the name Focus. You can call it growing up or whatever, but it is what it is.

Now, I don't have a problem with it because in the 6 years I've owned my Focus, I've grown up too. So, this new Focus fits me perfectly. That's not going to happen with everyone. True, the Fiesta is 8 inches shorter than a MKI and in a lower class, but the Fiesta seems to better fit those who aren't feeling the new Focus.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.
Old 09-22-2010, 05:41 PM   #204
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbones00SE View Post
I'm not sure what you're looking at, but he showed how a Fiesta ST (Yes, it was an older model), looks very similar to the MKII, which came out after it. In any case, if you disregard the pictures and look at what he said, it was clear that he was saying (cause he said so) that if you are the type of person who wants a car with the feel and styling of the MKI and MKII then the Fiesta is the car you will most relate to. The MKIII is a whole new car that doesn't look like the Focus as we like to think of the Focus because it's not. It's a new and different car, just with the name Focus. You can call it growing up or whatever, but it is what it is.

Now, I don't have a problem with it because in the 6 years I've owned my Focus, I've grown up too. So, this new Focus fits me perfectly. That's not going to happen with everyone. True, the Fiesta is 8 inches shorter than a MKI and in a lower class, but the Fiesta seems to better fit those who aren't feeling the new Focus.

Posted via FF Mobile I see what your saying and sort of agree. Depending on the weight of the mkiii and whether or not Ill need the extra room, I may go with a fiesta, for one its cheaper will get better mileage and is more like the car I have now. But what I was saying is that the look might be similar but the feel between the mki and the mkii is not. The mkii was already larger and rode on a different chassie then the mki. The mkiii will probably feel close to what the mkii did, but word is they trimmed some lbs from the new focus, i think its like 80lbs or so. But again thats compared to the mkii. These changes should be no surprise to people is what Im saying. Imo the focus is still the focus, or else you can say that every car ever made isnt what it was and it just stole the name.
Old 09-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #205
ThunDerST
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58058
What I Drive: 2009 Focus ST/2010 Focus RS

FF Reputation: 2 ThunDerST Good Standing Member
I think that many of you guys dont see this new car as a "focus" because you missed a link, you missed on the mk2 focus.. I can see the relation from what I have to these new ST, and though I must admit I didnt liked it the first time I saw it, and I think its a shame theres no rumbly 5pot anymore.. I have to say its been growing on me.. every time I see it I like it more and more.. Can only imagine what I'll feel when I see it in the flesh
Also you should read some of your responses, maybe thats why ford didn't brought you a performance focus before, there are sooo many needs and sooo many opinions that is hard to please everyone...
All I know is it doesn't look like I'll be trading my ST, at least not for this one, I'll wait and see the facelift mk3
CheeRS!

P.S. I saw the new spy shots on the fiesta ST, and although I liked it A LOT, it wont be a focus, and it will lack many of the cool features I so madly love on my ST, same as the previous fiesta ST, great looking car, super fine of a drive, but ultimately in a conpletely different class as the focus..

Last edited by ThunDerST; 09-23-2010 at 12:25 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:14 PM   #206
DerekGrugan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 55592
What I Drive: 2001 White ZTS, 1994 Jeep ZJ

FF Reputation: 3 DerekGrugan Good Standing Member
^^yes!!

All you "enthusiasts" begged and asked Ford to bring something of a performance model Focus over here and NOW that they've finally decided to, most of you are just complaining and argueing about it or what the price os going to be when you guys have no idea!

I agree with ThunderST, everyone should reread this thread and see how dumb some of your posts are. Sure its not the best looking thing out there but it is very nice and farking rad and a heck of alot better looking then the base model 2012 Focus. And buddy was right, its not in the same "class" the past Focus where in (you want that, buy a Fiesta), its matured and stepped up big time, no question abooooot it
Old 09-23-2010, 08:55 AM   #207
Onlyford4me
Umm, nothing

Fan#: 3341
What I Drive: 03 Black ZX3, 09 F150

FF Reputation: 7 Onlyford4me Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerekGrugan View Post
^^yes!!

All you "enthusiasts" begged and asked Ford to bring something of a performance model Focus over here and NOW that they've finally decided to, most of you are just complaining and argueing about it or what the price os going to be when you guys have no idea!

I agree with ThunderST, everyone should reread this thread and see how dumb some of your posts are. Sure its not the best looking thing out there but it is very nice and farking rad and a heck of alot better looking then the base model 2012 Focus. And buddy was right, its not in the same "class" the past Focus where in (you want that, buy a Fiesta), its matured and stepped up big time, no question abooooot it
Well put. I've been waiting for quite some time for a new performance Focus to come out. Now that its here, I'm not complaining, I'll just buy one. I think it looks fantastic both inside and out. The performance numbers will be right where I'd like to see them and i will be in the market for a new car late 2012. HellllllllllllllllOOOOOOOOOO Focus number 3.

"Government is not the solution to the problem; government is the problem."
Old 09-23-2010, 10:50 AM   #208
Tbones00SE
Focus Addict

Fan#: 9982
What I Drive: 2000 Toreador Red SE

FF Reputation: 10 Tbones00SE Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThunDerST View Post
I think that many of you guys dont see this new car as a "focus" because you missed a link, you missed on the mk2 focus.. I can see the relation from what I have to these new ST, and though I must admit I didnt liked it the first time I saw it, and I think its a shame theres no rumbly 5pot anymore.. I have to say its been growing on me.. every time I see it I like it more and more.. Can only imagine what I'll feel when I see it in the flesh
Also you should read some of your responses, maybe thats why ford didn't brought you a performance focus before, there are sooo many needs and sooo many opinions that is hard to please everyone...
All I know is it doesn't look like I'll be trading my ST, at least not for this one, I'll wait and see the facelift mk3
CheeRS!

P.S. I saw the new spy shots on the fiesta ST, and although I liked it A LOT, it wont be a focus, and it will lack many of the cool features I so madly love on my ST, same as the previous fiesta ST, great looking car, super fine of a drive, but ultimately in a conpletely different class as the focus..
The fact that we didn't get the MKII or a performance model with the "refreshed" MKI is simply due to finanical and management turmoil at Ford NA when the decision had to be made. Ford wasn't making any money selling the Focus here and didn't think they could make money on the Focus so they made the decision to not invest significant time and money on bringing the MKII here, especially when there was much more money to be made in the SUV class. Ford decided to kick the can down the road a little and so we got the '05-'07 refresh. Then Ford turned the NA Focus over to a small team of American designers and we got the '08-'11 refresh of the refresh. It had very little, if any, to do with Ford worrying about pleasing everyone.

Every automaker goes out and tries to design a car that will have mass appeal. I'm sure someone from Ford views some of the things we say as a way to gauge what we would like to see in a focus, but in the end it comes down to what they think the market as a whole wants and, most importantly, can they make a profit selling the car.
Zetec Crew #73
ATX Faction #24
Mods: Volant CAI, 65mm TB, CFM Lower Mount, VF Passenger Mount, SVT Header, SVT Cat, SVT Flex, and Trubendz 2.5" exhaust, Roush Suspension, Tune and CarPC.
Old 09-23-2010, 06:53 PM   #209
HaveBlue83

Fan#: 1358
What I Drive: a car

FF Reputation: 70 HaveBlue83 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
what would u think of that thing if it WASN'T BOOSTED.

honestly. if it was a 2.0 with 180 HP.

I BETCHA it would be WTF it that thing??!!!! EEEEEW!!!

don't let that lil snail inside the engine bay let u overlook the styling. ugly is ugly, even if its 1,000HP.
Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #210
DerekGrugan
Focus Addict

Fan#: 55592
What I Drive: 2001 White ZTS, 1994 Jeep ZJ

FF Reputation: 3 DerekGrugan Good Standing Member
the colours deffiently not doing it any good

Bookmarks & Social Networks