2001 Focus zx3 For Sale-Need Gone ASAP - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Marketplace > Buy - Sell - Trade > Archive

Archive Archive of all expired Buy-Sell-Trade postings.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-07-2010, 12:24 PM   #1
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 32 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
2001 Focus zx3 For Sale-Need Gone ASAP

This is the same thing I posted in my Cragslist ad. The car is located in Watertown, WI. Dead nuts in between Madison and Milwaukee on I-94. I know the price is a little high, but the car really is in good condition and I need to sell it for roughly this much to get the car I'm looking to buy next.

I'm looking to get $4,500.

If any of you guys are interested, I may be willing to sell for cheaper than someone else. But the car I want is $5k so it wouldn't be much lower than that. Just send me an email at ryan.hainstock@live.com or shoot me a text message any time. 920-253-1134.

Thanks guys.

And I won't bullshit you guys. The suspension does make some noise, creeking, etc. but I haven't seen anything to be broken. I think its just a bushing or two that needs replacing. And the stereo needs some TLC. I've got it working, but whoever did it before me, completely messed it alllll up. It took me 7 hours tonight of ripping out wires and cables that didn't belong, some that weren't connected to ANYTHING..and re-wiring as best I could just to get sound to come out of the speakers. It was all jacked up. But someone who knows what they're doing could surely make something pop in there.

This what ended up happening..LOL

But anyways, here's the CL ad.

Quote:
Alright. Where to begin..Well, I'm selling my 2001 Ford Focus ZX3. I'm a big guy and I'm just ready for a bigger car. That's the only reason I'm selling this. I bought it last August, right after I got home from Basic Training for the US Army. It had 98k miles on it when I bought it. It just hit 117k miles, but it still runs perfect. Most of the miles I have put on it are all highway miles, as I work and stay in Milwaukee half of almost every week. The car does have a 5-speed manual transmission, but is the easiest manual that I've ever driven. I've recently had a few things fixed on it and have all receipts for everything I've fixed personally, and I also have some (if not all) of the receipts from the previous 2 owners. This car was originally a California car, then was sold to a lady in Dousman whom I bought it from. The car has always run great for me. I did replace a wheel bearing on the Passenger side Rear wheel around the beginning of Summer because it was making some noise on the highway. A couple months after that, I blew a coolant hard line right above the radiator on one of our many hot summer days, but repaired it roughly 30 minutes later on the side of I-94 after making a quick trip to pick up the part from the closest Ford dealer. Haven't had any problems since. Roughly a month ago I replaced both headlight bulbs with Sylvania Silver Star bulbs as well. The car DOES have an aftermarket suspension. It has Eibach Pro-kit springs, along with Roush sway bars front and rear. The car is also about 1.5" lower due to the springs, so it has a good, steady, low stance, as opposed to some other Foci that look like they ride too high. The suspension is stiffer than your average stock suspension, since the car is lowered that extra 1.5" there isn't as much room for body movement, thus the springs need to be stiffer to keep the car stable. The suspension does take some getting used to, but I loved it from the get go. This car handles like a dream. It does also have a K&N air filter installed. The stock door speakers have been removed, and replaced with Pioneer speakers. Also, the car has a Panasonic head unit instead of the stock head unit. The tires on this car are still at about 50% so you're all set for the Winter coming up! Another great thing about this car is the hatchback. If you've never owned a hatchback, you'll love it! I have carried some crazy things in this small car that shouldn't fit in a car! I have carried BMX bikes, a 42" TV IN the box, a recliner..standing up straight in the hatch! It even had another couple inches of clearance! The rear seats fold down, so longer items have no trouble fitting. Also, this car gets awesome gas mileage. Every time I've checked, I've averaged 27-30mpg. per tank (city/highway mix). And I check just about every time I fill up, and it hasn't gone down since the day I bought it!

Now, the car does have some minor body damage. A couple of the rims do have a little bit of curb rash, but nothing horrible. The front bumper, Driver side, next to the fog light there is a little bit of spider cracking in the paint from when the previous owner hit a raccoon, but you can only notice it in the right light. I didn't even see it until she pointed it out to me. Also, on top of the rear bumber, there are some dings that were there when I bought it, but they haven't bothered me, and probably won't bother you either!

This car is an awesome car for new drivers (as it doesn't have enormous amounts of power for them to lose control with), someone who is looking to save money on gas, or someone who just needs room to haul things, but doesn't want a gas guzzling truck. I used to down-talk Foci all the time, until I actually bought one. I was pretty surprised at how solid these cars truly are. And even when something does need replacing, it's VERY cheap. My most expensive repair was the wheel bearing which barely ran $100.

I am willing to negotiate a little on the price, as I have a car already in mind that I'd like to purchase. If you have any questions, comments, want to make an offer, want to see more pics, or want to come check out the car, just reply to this email, OR give me a call or text ANYTIME at (Nine-Two-Zero) Two-Five-Three One-One-Three-Four. Hope to hear from you soon!

Last edited by WiscoGTI; 09-08-2010 at 07:01 PM.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #2
WiscoGTI
Turböner

Price lowered..I'll take $4,500. Want this car goneee so I can buy the car I'm interested in before it gets sold to someone else!

Last edited by WiscoGTI; 09-08-2010 at 07:00 PM.

Old 09-12-2010, 10:31 PM   #3
WiscoGTI
Turböner

I'll take $4,150. Just need this gone!

Old 09-16-2010, 12:01 AM   #4
WiscoGTI
Turböner

$4,000.

Somebody. Please. Lol. Take this from meee.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
eibach pro, roush, sale, wisconsin, zx3