Focus Fanatics Forum banner

what can your svt beat?

16K views 92 replies 61 participants last post by  SVTsteele 
#1 ·
well im getting my 04 sonic blue svt tomorow or thursday and it has the k&n typhoon intake and the highflow cat. the only other mod i want is the focus tune. ive read that the exhaust and header are pretty much maxed out in air flow..so i was just wondering if anyone has a simliar setup and what cars theyve beaten or kept up with

#9 ·
So you're telling me with your svt you beat a mazdaspeed6...?

The guy had to be an idiot and not know what he was doing or he wasn't racing you.

Unless you are turbo there is no way you would beat that car from a dig or roll.

274 hp and 280tq @ 3,000 rpm and awd.
He would rape you without trying.

#5 ·
It depends on what kind of race you want to talk.

In terms of straight line, SVTfs arent all that impressive. 170hp is toyota camry numbers, and front wheel drive doesnt help.

Where SVTfs rock is in the handling. And in that department, its more of a question of what can keep up with you.

#7 ·
from a roll they are great it is from a dig that they suck. but yea twisties is where the car really shines. i have beat plenty of cars built for their handleing in corners. but i have my supention done up it's mostly not stock. in a drag i have beat plenty of stangs a gto from a 60mph punch and more riced out civics then i could count. of and the other day some guy in an older chevy truck. i had him on the bottom end but he started closing the gap on the top.

thats kinda the problem for a N/A SVTF. they handle like a beast but from a stop they seam to take forever to get going. but once your out of 1 and around 3000rpm in 2 they go! but then you get to 6 at 6000rpm and you kinda top out. it will keep gaining speed but it has no more pull. so basicly you want to try and do all you racing in 2-5 gear and between 3000-6000rpm.

#10 ·
the gsr shouldnt be a problem for you. i put probably 6 car lengths on a gsr eg hatch with an aem cai and lightweight flywheel with a header and cat back. then he said the cam caps were vackwards. mind you this guy built a 12 sec d16 making 302whp. he is the john of civics around here. but after i beat it he sold it, odd. i didnt beat the 12 sec one for the record, i beat the gsr swapped one.

#12 ·
Hmm you may be right. Looked up quarter times and they do 14.9 stock. Pretty slow for the power. It should be faster still than an svt. Maybe he was out of his max power range.

I raced one before on my full bolt on zx3 with fr head cams everything imaginable and I could stomp an svt off the line and pull slowly on freeway. This guy in the ms6 made me look like I was standing still. He had at least an exhaust. It was no competition. He had to have a lot More done!

#17 ·
I second The a4 its not about hp and torq numbers its about power To weight ratio! Just because your audi is turboed doesn't mean u can keep up. And awd adds weight too
Posted via FF Mobile

#18 ·
I SERIOUSLY doubt he lost power by installing an intake and exhaust..........

I also doubt the MS6 was trying very hard.... they are DEFINITLY faster than a full bolt on SVTF.

#19 ·
ok am i wrong in saying that the ford engineers design that intake and exhaust just for the svt? if he had a regular focus then it would help significantly but i dont see it doin any help to a svt spec engine. maybe if he had a tune and some boost but bone stock? idkkkkk man

#33 ·
i have beat a tiburon from a roll at about 40mph and took him pretty easy b ut as for the mustang gt no way lol....even at the track with a 75shot of nitrous i was still right behind him i was keeping up though but if i had better launches i may have beaten him but considering i needed nitrous to do so there is no way u beat or even hang with a gt

#39 ·
I was going to say ... these things are possible ... if either the other cars, missed-shift or just have a bad running ride to start off with, because they try racing everyday that they can without proper maintenance.

I feel a well maintained ride and person who can drive would be a very hard person to beat at a drag strip.

Now, let's take the SVT back to the AutoX or Road Race courses ... and we can talk.

-Ray-

#40 ·
The only chance the svtf would have against a mustang gt is an older 5.0 (still a slim chance) I used to have a 1994 mustang gt and now I have a svtf with aem cai,msd wires and coil,front and rear stress bars and my battery located in the back!and I'd say that the svtf could take or get close to a completely stock 1994 5.0 with 130+k! But anyway with this setup I've ran against a 03 mustang gt and we won't even talk bout that!I've beaten lots of civics/accords,tegs,anything with just a fart can!I kept right beside a 1999 eclipse gsx!
Posted via FF Mobile

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.