any possible damage? - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-08-2003, 01:03 AM   #1
FreeAgent
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 431
FF Reputation: 1 FreeAgent Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
any possible damage?

Hey guys, coming home just a few minutes ago and going through a contruction zone there was an unmarked bump in the middle of the road. I was doing about 50 and hit it, i could hear the front suspension bottom out. Or at least that is what it sounded like. It wasnt big enough to hit my bumper, i have the scorpion front bumper. Everything feels fine as far as alignment (dosnt pull one way any more than normal), sterring feels fine, turning feels fine, everything seems fine but I am just checking to see if you guys think it could have caused any damage that I isnt so obvious? Im just very cautious about taking care of my focus. Its a zx3 if that helps.

Thanks, Brett

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2003, 01:08 AM   #2
EuroZX3Focus
Black Magik

Fan#: 135
What I Drive: '00 Focus ZX3, '00 Civic EX Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Most likely not. The most likely thing is you knock your alignment out of whack, but I doubt theres any suspension "damage" If you are really really worried, get out the jack and raise the front wheels off the ground and inspect the struts for any leakage, but my bet is you'll find nothing, Ive done worse and its dropped and mine is fine
Old 11-08-2003, 01:16 AM   #3
vanace
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 350
What I Drive: 2005 ST

FF Reputation: 1 vanace Good Standing Member
I hit a pot hole with mine. Bent the rim good, but didn't hurt the suspension. You should be ok.
ST crew #18
Old 11-08-2003, 01:55 PM   #4
SVT4ME

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Yeah, I wouldn't worry too much. Probably shouldn't admit this, but when I took my Focus for a test drive, I was kinda racing/playing with a Corvette on a road I wasn't too familiar with, and all of a sudden - railroad tracks! I def. hit the bump stops on the suspension, all the way around. It was quite a jolt, but I've been driving the car for almost a year now, and there have been no ill effects, no damage done in any way.

Bookmarks & Social Networks