My new slicks and wheels (PICS) - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-04-2010, 06:57 PM   #11
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
you are SO gonna break something LOL

tranny mount bracket is what i would put money on
next most likely is the mount itself
then an axle
stripping bolts out of the transmission case is a distinctive possibility
busting the transmission case is a possibility albeit a bit more of a stretch.

but i definitely foresee broken parts in your future. please try to baby it out of the hole. dont go shooting for 1.5 second 60' times.

i will give it to ya tho man. that really does look SICK. i doubt you will have to worry much about blowing the tires off in 2nd 3rd or 4th anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-04-2010, 07:04 PM   #12
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
If anything is going break I would bet on the diff. That's the weakest link in our tranny's from what I understand. It's also what I broke in mine many moon's ago.

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat
Old 08-04-2010, 08:53 PM   #13
forcedfocus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 72073
What I Drive: 2004 silver zx3

FF Reputation: 4 forcedfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post

then an axle

but i definitely foresee broken parts in your future. please try to baby it out of the hole. dont go shooting for 1.5 second 60' times.

i will give it to ya tho man. that really does look SICK. i doubt you will have to worry much about blowing the tires off in 2nd 3rd or 4th anymore.
You are always gonna break something if you race long enough. I wouldn't worry with it so much though. There are people with bigger tires and a lot more power with stock trannys.
Old 08-04-2010, 10:51 PM   #14
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
There have been plenty of ppl who run these tires and nothing goes wrong. You have to know how to preload the suspension. And I have a torsen diff.
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 08-04-2010, 11:18 PM   #15
djblackout
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 61433
What I Drive: 02 sonic blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 11 djblackout Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
looks like a BEAST
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #16
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Quote:

then an axle

LOL you must not look around alot or you have never raced on slicks before with a focus. This will be my second set of tires on this cars, Everything of what you said could possibly happen to who would drop the clutch, this isnt my first time running the foci at all. The PR focus is running 10.1 right now on a STOCK tranny, STOCK gear set, STOCK diff welded. with 26in tall tires.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:38 PM   #17
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Quote:
Originally Posted by djblackout View Post
looks like a BEAST
Old 08-05-2010, 08:16 AM   #18
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
there is absolutely no need for you to be a dick my friend. many many people have different techniques for launching a car and by far the most common is the rev the shit out of it and dump the clutch technique which usually ends with the driver in tears and a track official following the car down the track with a dustpan and broom.

just because you have a shit ton of money wrapped up in your car does NOT mean that you know how to drive and it does NOT mean that you know everything. i was just trying to get your back and make sure you knew what you could possibly be getting into.

since i now know how you launch your car i would like to then make you aware of another potential danger with THAT technique. if you are slipping the clutch for too long when you are preloading the suspension for the launch there is a possibility of the clutch coming apart in a big way. i dont know entirely how likely it is or if it is less or more likely with an aftermarket clutch but i do know that it happens because i have seen it happen on several occasions. i would really REALLY hate to see this happen in your focus for 2 reasons. first because, in case you have not noticed. the position of the clutch in relation with the driver is almost strait on. if the clutch were to catastrophically fail pieces of the clutch disk CAN pierce the tranny case and enter the cabin of the car and seriously mess you up if not kill you. i saw a clutch turn the stock hood on a neon into a ram air cowl induction hood here awhile back and it knocked a 6 inch deep chunk of asphalt out of the ground where a piece hit under the car. there is alot of force there. and then the second reason is that it would tear up your car really bad and that would just be a shame.
BTW just in case you were wondering, the reason i know all this is because, yes i use the same technique you do to launch and i like to weigh all the benefits vs risk to anything that i do and that includes every aspect of the way i race my car. yes i have ran slicks on one occasion (borrowed from a buddy with a civic, sue me) but i prefer my BFG radials simply because i do NOT have the amount of power to justify running slicks. sadly a 100 shot of giggle gas just wont do it.

NOW that we are hopefully done with any pissing contest... your car looks great, i hope it flys and i wish you the best of luck.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 08-05-2010, 08:32 AM   #19
disciplerocks
Pushrods

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
sadly a 100 shot of giggle gas just wont do it.
Lol
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 08-05-2010, 09:15 AM   #20
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Quote:
there is absolutely no need for you to be a dick my friend. many many people have different techniques for launching a car and by far the most common is the rev the shit out of it and dump the clutch technique which usually ends with the driver in tears and a track official following the car down the track with a dustpan and broom.

just because you have a shit ton of money wrapped up in your car does NOT mean that you know how to drive and it does NOT mean that you know everything. i was just trying to get your back and make sure you knew what you could possibly be getting into.

since i now know how you launch your car i would like to then make you aware of another potential danger with THAT technique. if you are slipping the clutch for too long when you are preloading the suspension for the launch there is a possibility of the clutch coming apart in a big way. i dont know entirely how likely it is or if it is less or more likely with an aftermarket clutch but i do know that it happens because i have seen it happen on several occasions. i would really REALLY hate to see this happen in your focus for 2 reasons. first because, in case you have not noticed. the position of the clutch in relation with the driver is almost strait on. if the clutch were to catastrophically fail pieces of the clutch disk CAN pierce the tranny case and enter the cabin of the car and seriously mess you up if not kill you. i saw a clutch turn the stock hood on a neon into a ram air cowl induction hood here awhile back and it knocked a 6 inch deep chunk of asphalt out of the ground where a piece hit under the car. there is alot of force there. and then the second reason is that it would tear up your car really bad and that would just be a shame.
BTW just in case you were wondering, the reason i know all this is because, yes i use the same technique you do to launch and i like to weigh all the benefits vs risk to anything that i do and that includes every aspect of the way i race my car. yes i have ran slicks on one occasion (borrowed from a buddy with a civic, sue me) but i prefer my BFG radials simply because i do NOT have the amount of power to justify running slicks. sadly a 100 shot of giggle gas just wont do it.

NOW that we are hopefully done with any pissing contest... your car looks great, i hope it flys and i wish you the best of luck.
Yea lol, i was not being a dick and there is no need to assume i dont know how to drive, anyways even if shit breaks i will make it stronger.

Bookmarks & Social Networks