Awful product quality and even worse customer service from Massive!!! - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Exclusive Vendor Discussions > Massive Speed

Massive Speed Discuss about forced induction upgrades and performance tuning for your Ford Focus.
Sponsored By: Massive Speed

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 06-23-2010, 09:58 PM   #11
jetrinka
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 88 5-speed XR4TI

FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Member jetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
By hand and then a turn? Gimme a break dude... Getting it tight by hand with a quarter inch ratchet is all you need. No need for another complete turn... Your gonna strip out the aluminum in the head as well as break grommets that way. Use your head. If it feels like its gonna break or strip out, it probably is.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 10:00 PM   #12
jetrinka
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45622
What I Drive: 88 5-speed XR4TI

FF Reputation: 180 jetrinka Excellent Standing Member jetrinka Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Oh and BTW Karl, I just got one of your purple harness bars in the mail. Awesome piece!
Old 06-23-2010, 10:07 PM   #13
WRCwannabe
Wings & Teeth

Fan#: 48696
What I Drive: a wide svt

FF Reputation: 7 WRCwannabe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
karl is the bomb, if you didnt torque it right then it is a possibility you damaged the product.
there is also the possibility to did it 100% right and it was a faulty product.

with the amount of sets sold i would lean it towars human error.

either way i buy parts from Karl, had him to my pwsc snout (pullies), unbreakable mount, RS wheels, and other Rs parts.

Massive/karl has been here a long long time, i didnt need pictures ofthe wheels or tires, i took his word for their condition becuase he is representing his business and his reputation.

wheels and tires came in, in better conidition, almost like new!
i will always buy from Massive.
may i direct you to
http://www.massivespeedforums.com/?u...01993-8f25b963

1 bad thing about massive is they dont make parts for my miata.
that is all
Jeremy Clarkson on the MK1 Focus RS "The reason it was so quick round our track is simple: this car handles like it's in a cartoon."
Old 06-23-2010, 10:38 PM   #14
rameans23
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 24453
What I Drive: 2004 Liquid Grey Roush ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 rameans23 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
ive never heard bad things about massive, this just goes to show that the one bad dealing or upset customer gets heard louder then the thousands of good.

if parts have tq specs then thats what you should go by thats why they are there so it doesnt get broken/stripped out.......hand tight and then extra force after that may have been too much for the strength of the bolt
Old 06-24-2010, 03:05 AM   #15
MattZX3
Detailing Freak

Fan#: 30258
What I Drive: 2014 ford

Points 16,124, Level 81
Points: 16,124, Level: 81 Points: 16,124, Level: 81 Points: 16,124, Level: 81
Level Up 55% Completed
Level up: 55% Level up: 55% Level up: 55%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 23 MattZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focuztyle View Post
uummm...please read before replying impartially, I hand tighten the bolt and then one more turn; and no I am not the only that has a problem with the kit or them.

Rich
Yep, i read your post a couple times before i posted my comment, i knew what i was saying.

You over tightened the bolts, no way around it. Those bolts dont need to be cranked on there.

The PROPER way to torque the bolts, is to

A.) Use a torque wrench
B.) torque bolts to 1.5 ft lbs, moving in a criss cross pattern to insure proper seating
c.) torque again at 5.2 ft/lb(or 62.4 inch pounds) moving in the same criss cross pattern

So what did you do? You put the bolts on there, and just tightened it ALL THE WAY, and then gave it what, another turn and a half?

Can you please let me know what a turn and a half is in relation to ft/lbs, im a bit rusty on my "hick mechanics"
Old 06-24-2010, 03:12 AM   #16
disciplerocks
GT40 all the things!

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

Points 13,185, Level 74
Points: 13,185, Level: 74 Points: 13,185, Level: 74 Points: 13,185, Level: 74
Level Up 84% Completed
Level up: 84% Level up: 84% Level up: 84%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rameans23 View Post
this just goes to show that the one bad dealing or upset customer gets heard louder then the thousands of good.
This happens all too often.

I posted in the other thread, but I am staying out of this argument since whatever I say will have no weight cause I have never ordered from them. Although Karl was a pretty cool guy when I met him.
89 Bronco II XLT Crawler
Old 06-24-2010, 08:27 AM   #17
bdnld4482
Banned

Fan#: 46063
What I Drive: 2012 black focus titanium

FF Reputation: 37 bdnld4482 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by disciplerocks View Post
This happens all too often.

I posted in the other thread, but I am staying out of this argument since whatever I say will have no weight cause I have never ordered from them. Although Karl was a pretty cool guy when I met him.
and he throws one hella party !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-24-2010, 08:28 AM   #18
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!

Fan#: 55157
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Points 14,754, Level 78
Points: 14,754, Level: 78 Points: 14,754, Level: 78 Points: 14,754, Level: 78
Level Up 76% Completed
Level up: 76% Level up: 76% Level up: 76%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
i said this in your other thread but i feel the need to repeat myself. ive been buying parts from massive for years and have never had a problem with them. on the very rare occasions that i HAVE had a problem karl has been extremely helpful and went out of his way to make things right. awhile back i bought a holley carb from them and it had been damaged in shipping. after sending him a PM he directly started a ups claim. i put in an order for some koni shocks from them about a week later before the insurance check had cleared and they just went ahead and applied the difference from what i was getting back for the carb to the shocks so i didnt pay hardly a dime out of pocket that day and they hadnt even gotten the insurance check for the damaged carb yet. you must have caught him on a bad day or something if he really was that rude to you over the phone. that is all i can think of. i will keep going back to massive again and again. honestly i think you over tightened the bolt. and i know all about over tightening valve cover bolts. i bought a brand new craftsman torque wrench a few months ago and the day i got it i was going ape shite crazy going over every bolt i could find and torquing it to spec. i seriously screwed up when i got to the valve cover bolts and mis-read and tried to torque them to 60 ft/lbs. i broke off the first one i started on flush with the head and then cussed myself for being an idiot. while i was doing it i kept thinking that it was way way too much torque for such a small bolt and that i was sure i was gonna break something. but the books called for 60 ft/lbs so it must be right. after breaking the bolt and going back and looking again and seeing it said 60 in/lbs i cussed some more and tightened the rest of the bolts to proper spec and started praying that the valve cover wouldnt leak. and ive been lucky that it hasnt yet. my point is that people can make mistakes and im pretty sure that you made one. you didnt tear up all the grommets for the same reason i didnt break every bolt on the valve cover. you got the first one and said ah crap i foo-barred myself and did the rest right and then tried to get a freebie from massive. nice try, good hustle but you didnt get it this time. this is my opinion and if im wrong then im wrong but im pretty sure i near got the nail on the head.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
Old 06-24-2010, 09:23 AM   #19
CJohn364
GoKart and Me!!!

Fan#: 49277
What I Drive: 2K5 ZX4 SEt (ATX) French Blue, Met

Points 73,243, Level 100
Points: 73,243, Level: 100 Points: 73,243, Level: 100 Points: 73,243, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 119 CJohn364 Excellent Standing Member CJohn364 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I gotta say, being a noob mechanic, it sounds like overtightning to me. I've bought parts before that came with no instructions and I followed it up with one of two things.
1) I did research on the Internet to find torque specs
2) If I couldn't find them on the Internet, I called the company I bought it from and asked. Both are effective.
Don't go with guesses. Use a torque wrench.
Sedan Revolution #61 / NW Posse #2
FF Moderator
Member Rules
Buy-Sell-Trade Rules
Complete 'How-To' Archive
General Racing Thread Rules
Old 06-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #20
egman2005
Slow n lifted

Fan#: 44983
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus

Points 9,586, Level 65
Points: 9,586, Level: 65 Points: 9,586, Level: 65 Points: 9,586, Level: 65
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 21 egman2005 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
you screwed up............

admit it and move on. karl is a great guy whom i have met in person at fitf.

I am sure that if he could get you the part needed and not loose his ass he would be he runs a buisness and cant loose money.

They have great products and stand by the ones that they make.

maybe see if steve can get you the individual part you broke.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
customer , karl , massive , service , valve cover

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.