Basic Bolt-ons: Intakes and Induction - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-18-2010, 06:59 PM   #61
kline
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73283
What I Drive: 2009 black ses

FF Reputation: 1 kline Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
is the fswerks cai smogable in cali? i heard no. then i heard yes. then someone told me you have to do a tune. which ones true?

Last edited by kline; 03-20-2010 at 05:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2010, 10:36 PM   #62
dnorf
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66785
What I Drive: 09 Black SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 dnorf Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
so let me get this straight...either you risk potentially hydrolocking your engine, after doing a great deal of work, or you can suffer from heat soak?

If you lived in an area with bad drainage, and stop/go traffic, what would you do...
Old 04-10-2010, 06:30 AM   #63
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Heat soak is a myth in my experience...

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 04-13-2010, 05:39 PM   #64
voortrek3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 487
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SES Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 voortrek3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kline View Post
is the fswerks cai smogable in cali? i heard no. then i heard yes. then someone told me you have to do a tune. which ones true?
Although it uses all the plumbing of the stock intake, the FSW intake does NOT have an 'EO' number from CARB therefore it will not pass the smog check visual here in CA. BUT it is a GREAT intake. I've loved every minute that I've had mine on my '09.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:33 AM   #65
jmiller_1974
Flipping Rockstar

Fan#: 57165
What I Drive: Black 02 SVT #2998

FF Reputation: 28 jmiller_1974 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnorf View Post
so let me get this straight...either you risk potentially hydrolocking your engine, after doing a great deal of work, or you can suffer from heat soak?

If you lived in an area with bad drainage, and stop/go traffic, what would you do...
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
Heat soak is a myth in my experience...
^^This. I have been breathing through a custom SRI since last Summer, in TX, with ZERO heat soak issues. Besides, short of mechanically or chemically cooling the air, the term "cold air" intake is something of a misnomer, especially when the ambient outside air is over 100*F.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:27 PM   #66
Andrew
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6565
What I Drive: 08 Caliber SRT4, 05 ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 2 Andrew Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight10JL View Post
When it comes to this Steeda air intake, when you say tight, are you talking within 1 inch away, or touching the headlight housing very tight? I've got a 2004 Duratec 2.3 ....

Also, does anybody have or like the AEM Duratec cold air intake? Do you get good HP with it? And how is the fitment within the engine bay?
I have the AEM and I love it. When I step on the throttle it sounds like a baby turbo I shit you not. This thing whistles and hisses when hitting the gas hard or when you are letting off. Clearance is great, but to change the filter you have to go under the car to access it properly.
Old 05-14-2010, 08:41 AM   #67
UnFocusedST
Fear the TurboSnail!

Fan#: 40342
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Focus ST

FF Reputation: 13 UnFocusedST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
I use to have a AEM CIA up in Washington state where it rain half the year. I have never had a hydolock issue. My turbo setup has a CAI and its been raining a ton where I live now and still no hydolock issue and the turbo pulls in alot more air.
Team Duratec #17
Hatch Nation #17
Midwest Crew #55
Boosted Crew #118
Old 06-09-2010, 07:55 PM   #68
BlackFociSE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69100
What I Drive: 2010 Sangria Red Focus SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 BlackFociSE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
08-10 steeda intake question????

i recently put a steeda sri on my 09 focus. it is a automatic and when in overdrive, say going about 40-50, at low rpm's i get a lil engine stutter. I've also noticed at idle there is a small fluctuation up and down on the tach. at times. Kinda worried this intake is gonna hurt my car.... any idea whats up? also my right turn signal has been speeding up and changing speed since the install, could this be related?
Old 06-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #69
focusZX505
FOCUS REVOLUTION

Fan#: 19251
What I Drive: 08 Black Coupe

FF Reputation: 4 focusZX505 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
i would go thru that whole install and check all the vac lines make sure there all hooked up right.

I really don't see anyway the turn signal could be related unless the plug it loose on the front drivers bulb which would be right there by the intake
SCSCC #320
Old 06-09-2010, 08:29 PM   #70
BlackFociSE
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 69100
What I Drive: 2010 Sangria Red Focus SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 BlackFociSE Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusZX505 View Post
i would go thru that whole install and check all the vac lines make sure there all hooked up right.

I really don't see anyway the turn signal could be related unless the plug it loose on the front drivers bulb which would be right there by the intake
bet that's why the blinker is on the fritz. i'll check the lines next. here is a pic if it helps.

maybe rotate the maf tube towards me, so the maf sensor is flat.... does the orientation matter? dark out now so i'll have to do this in the morning... hope my halos aren't crapping out.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Tags
cai, cold air intake, duratec intake, intake, k&n, ram air, short ram intake, sri