The Focus Rs And The Us Market, Read This U Guys - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2003, 11:15 PM   #1
natedubb
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1608
What I Drive: 02' 3 dr svt hatchback

FF Reputation: 1 natedubb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Angry The Focus Rs And The Us Market, Read This U Guys

You, know what? I'll tell you what. alot of focus owners really don't get it. this car is not a u.s .market derivitive, you can't go around comparing it to pathetic Gm motors shity ass cars like the saturn. I can't believe anybody would mention it as an alernative or mention it period.

Ok were Americans, we drive oversized shity ass cars that handle like a shoping cart on a freshly waxed floor. Does anybody know about Ford Europe and what they are all about?
The focus was a last attempt to introduce a sporty Euro hatch to north america. This car is not a hot rod or a sportscar. It's a focus. it's not about Iowa or Texas or Utah, it's about an alternative to American cars. And we still don't get the good cars here in America, The Rs is no where near a comparison to the zx3, and so forth. There is Cosworth and there is SVT and ther is once again, no comparison. our focus is shit, most of em' are made in mexico.... And not to talk more shit, but standardized wages there are terrible and workmanship suffers as a result. So lets get real. Either put multiple thousands of dollars in upgrades into your car or just let it rest. Alot of people on this site would have been better off with a civic. At least you know it is easy to get upgrades for. lets face the truth, the focus is slow and barley competitive. The Svt needs alot of work to be competitve as well.

Ford has screwed the north American marker with cheap ass shit. and all you can do to get around it is to move to England. get it? I hope you do.... No offense to enthusiats but we are working with shit ass parts from a company who treats us like idots. Alot of people know what performance is worth, but is Ford listening to us about it? No way!

WE WANT THE RS COSWORTH FOCUS AND WE WANT IT NOW! EVERYBODY CONTACT YOUR LOCAL DEALERSHIP AND REQUEST THE RS. JUST LIKE ANY POLITICS, THEY WILL HAVE NO CHOICE BUT TO SELL US THAT CAR!!!! RISE UP AND DEMAND THE REAL SHIT!!!!!

sincerley,

pissed off north american duped Svt owner.
good luck

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2003, 11:29 PM   #2
redsvt2003
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 1512
What I Drive: 2003 red svt

FF Reputation: 1 redsvt2003 Good Standing Member
you realize the svt when tested against the new si beat it in every category including the 1\4 mile so you might want to rethink that statement.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:31 PM   #3
CowsGoMoo
Focus Addict

Fan#: 324
What I Drive: VW GLI 1.8Turbo

FF Reputation: 1 CowsGoMoo Good Standing Member
I don't get the point of this thread, post whore!

My ZX5 Focus!
Old 11-06-2003, 11:33 PM   #4
Focus ZX5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 280
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Focus ZX5 Good Standing Member
no can do...
in my opinion we won't be getting the RS nor the Cosworth; in my opinion, it's a question of different culteres, markets and especially different mentalities!
to keep a long theory short, here in north america, there's the concept of big traditional cars, for example the Mustang, that the market got used to and is now part of the culture... in Europe, same sorty but different concept, small cars are their thing...just take a look at the Renaults, Peugots...most of their sports cars are small, powerfull cars!
Don't you think Ford, and specifically the SVT could have have created a better, more poewrfull focus? should they can, are they going to? i don't think so because strategically speaking it wouldn't make sense, it's an image thing...
That being said, Ford should be a little more open minded and listen to its customers and to what the market is looking for...

Just out of curiosity, and this question is addressed to everyone, if you had the choice between the new '05 mustang and an RS Focus, what would be you choice?
Old 11-06-2003, 11:34 PM   #5
Focus ZX5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 280
What I Drive: 2002 liquid grey ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Focus ZX5 Good Standing Member
no can do...
in my opinion we won't be getting the RS nor the Cosworth; in my opinion, it's a question of different culteres, markets and especially different mentalities!
to keep a long theory short, here in north america, there's the concept of big traditional cars, for example the Mustang, that the market got used to and is now part of the culture... in Europe, same sorty but different concept, small cars are their thing...just take a look at the Renaults, Peugots...most of their sports cars are small, powerfull cars!
Don't you think Ford, and specifically the SVT could have have created a better, more poewrfull focus? should they can, are they going to? i don't think so because strategically speaking it wouldn't make sense, it's an image thing...
That being said, Ford should be a little more open minded and listen to its customers and to what the market is looking for...

Just out of curiosity, and this question is addressed to everyone, if you had the choice between the new '05 mustang and an RS Focus, what would be your choice?
Old 11-06-2003, 11:35 PM   #6
HotRodWagon
CostraNostraTabasco

Fan#: 145
What I Drive: 02 Infra ZTW

Points 16,262, Level 81
Points: 16,262, Level: 81 Points: 16,262, Level: 81 Points: 16,262, Level: 81
Level Up 83% Completed
Level up: 83% Level up: 83% Level up: 83%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 25 HotRodWagon Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (38)
Well,
I'm in for the RS here...who wouldn't be. Yes, known fact...Europe gets the real performance cars...as well as Japan....etc...Yes, our Focus is the cheapest of the bunch...but...that's one of the reasons we bought it. The performance is on par with the price. Well maybe not if some how you paid msrp...or got the atx. But I'd doubt we'll ever see the day an american Focus comes within 1 second in the quarter mile of the Mustang GT from the factory. So let's all hope the new GT's run high 13's. Somehow though, the price of an RS here, combined with the insurance, makes me want to have the advantage of upgrading my car to be as competative performance wise...for less...and not give my insurance company a penny more a month.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:39 PM   #7
bacc231
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1511
What I Drive: 01 lx flat black

FF Reputation: 1 bacc231 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
it aint gonna happen we will never have it... like u said the focus is slow, STOCK but you have a good platform to build on if your in to th e sport compact sceane then you should understand that ours cars need to be built to be fast want a fast car stock get a v-8.
Old 11-06-2003, 11:44 PM   #8
EuroZX3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39
What I Drive: 05 Black Scion TC

FF Reputation: 1 EuroZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
i agree we should get the rs. but there isnt much of a market for it. and the fact that the cars plant is in mexico has nothing to do with its quality. just cheaper to make it there.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:01 AM   #9
ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC
Project All Motor

Fan#: 1114
What I Drive: 2000 Sedan SE with Zetec engine

FF Reputation: 1 ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (-1)
I get the point, he is pissed or jealous because Europeans get better cars then we do, plain and simple.

You do know that the focus placed 2nd in a car shootout between the civic and other cars? The civic placed first and the focus placed 2nd.

Last edited by ALL_MOTOR_ZETEC; 11-07-2003 at 12:03 AM.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:16 AM   #10
Chick
Focusless

Fan#: 151
What I Drive: '13 Taffeta White Civic Si Sedan

Points 183,253, Level 100
Points: 183,253, Level: 100 Points: 183,253, Level: 100 Points: 183,253, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 133 Chick Excellent Standing Member Chick Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (37)
Geez, take your medication and lay down for a few hours!
I wish Ford would have brought he RS over here. I really do. But the ZX3 isn't crap. Plus did you know that Mexicans are really good workers and my Focus is better built then my boyfriend's 01 Ranger which was built in New Jersey?

--->CLICK HERE TO VOTE FOR OCTOBER ROTM!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.