tuning?'s - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 05-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #11
ford_boy
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74514
What I Drive: 2002 blue se

FF Reputation: 1 ford_boy Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Super rich is not always safe.

Quote:
Whats SOME tuners like to do is set them way to the rich side loosing power but the engine is safe
Too rich can cause problems too.

A rich mixture burns slower than a lean mixture. An extremely rich mixture will still be burning as it exits the combustion chamber. This drives your Exhaust Gas Temps way up. This can heat your exhaust valves up to the point where they will start to cause uncontrolled combustion in the combustion chamber.

uncontrolled combustion is what ruins your motor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-17-2010, 11:18 PM   #12
PSUrivie
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67329
What I Drive: Boostin in the Mid-A

FF Reputation: 15 PSUrivie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
yeah, do it right and get a wideband. Don't cut corners. I ran an exhaust and intake before I got my tune. I think alot of members start there then go for the tune.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:23 PM   #13
aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Fan#: 21542
What I Drive: 2005 Ford Focus ST

FF Reputation: 5 aTm Beaner Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVT Naco
Randy, do you recommend people to get a wideband with simple bolt ons such as I/H/E or is that something most people buy once they start changing out the cams or getting boost? I know of other tuners such as Cobb and Works that do flashes without the need for a custom tune. They pretty much go the same way as FSWerks by telling clients this particular tune is for only with people with stock intake, cat-back, etc.

I don't push them into buying a wideband, no. If they ask if it's a good idea, yes it's better than not having one, sure. I haven't found it to be a necessity. Beneficial, yes, but for bolt-ons, not a necessity.
this is an answer from FSWerks. I highly recommend FSWerks because of their great customer service and their knowledge on the Duratec engine.
TEAM DURATEC #512 ST CREW #100
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Focus Sport Cool-Flo v.1, Focus Racing Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow HFC, F2 Header, Focus Sport Tune 93 Octane, Saleen Suspension Kit, Rota Slips 16x7
Old 05-19-2010, 06:33 PM   #14
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
I could care less what fs feels they need for there customers , thats his customers problems if they dont want to get all they can out of what they paid for

Focus-Power wants there Customers to get all they can out of what they paid for and to have the safest tune money can buy and that`s with adding a wide band air fuel gauge , In my opinion thats the best customer service a company can offer

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-20-2010, 09:01 AM   #15
aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I could care less what fs feels they need for there customers...

Tom
childish response?
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Focus Sport Cool-Flo v.1, Focus Racing Cat-Back w/ Magnaflow HFC, F2 Header, Focus Sport Tune 93 Octane, Saleen Suspension Kit, Rota Slips 16x7
Old 05-22-2010, 10:07 PM   #16
zinsavage123
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69910
What I Drive: 2001 focus zx3, 2001 mustang gt

FF Reputation: 1 zinsavage123 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
what about if I choose a 93 tune for performance with bolt ons? is it going to make my 01 zx3 run safely? cause most say that high of octane can mess our cars up and leaves lots uf build up and deposits.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:32 PM   #17
Chas
Licensed Shrink

Fan#: 49800
What I Drive: 2014 Mocha Bronze Chevy Sonic 1.4T

FF Reputation: 1 Chas Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aTm [:)
;3285085]this is an answer from FSWerks. I highly recommend FSWerks because of their great customer service and their knowledge on the Duratec engine.
why would tom care about that?

you must understand that when people buy wideband a/f gauges, Tom isn't making money off them. He doesn't have some inside deal with AEM and innovate, he is suggesting this because its beneficial and makes your car more safe. is it absolutely necessary? no. but it will help, it will make your car more safe and you will get more out of your tune. and honestly, it looks badass.

i don't think his response is childish, i think you're arguing about something that you honestly shouldn't care about, which is childish.

you can sit here and argue about how necessary a wide band is, but good luck trying to convince anybody here that it isn't beneficial, which is all that matters.
Old 05-24-2010, 09:18 AM   #18
aTm Beaner
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosParade View Post
why would tom care about that?

you must understand that when people buy wideband a/f gauges, Tom isn't making money off them. He doesn't have some inside deal with AEM and innovate, he is suggesting this because its beneficial and makes your car more safe. is it absolutely necessary? no. but it will help, it will make your car more safe and you will get more out of your tune. and honestly, it looks badass.

i don't think his response is childish, i think you're arguing about something that you honestly shouldn't care about, which is childish.

you can sit here and argue about how necessary a wide band is, but good luck trying to convince anybody here that it isn't beneficial, which is all that matters.
for the record, i never once said that a wideband wasn't beneficial. i actually plan on getting one once my car is equipped with the Cossie manifold and some cams. it's one thing to say that you need a wideband, and it's another to say that your tune is worthless because you don't have one. seriously, how many duratec engines have you heard of being damaged just because someone got a flasher for his intake and exhaust? i'd understand if it came from a bad tuner, but we're talking about FSWerks. they are probably the most reputable and most dependable company for the Focus.
2005 Ford Focus ZX4 ST
Old 05-24-2010, 09:33 AM   #19
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
It doesnt matter who does the tuning , Its a best guess when tuning with out a wide band , Me I want to know that my engine is safe and so do most people and tuners out there , If your happy with not knowing then so be it

Remember you chose your tuner because of cost not customer service or there ability to tune and those were your words , Now you beat on your chest about fs and you act like you chose them because there best , funny how your forgot about how you chose your tuner

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 05-24-2010, 10:25 AM   #20
PSUrivie
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67329
What I Drive: Boostin in the Mid-A

FF Reputation: 15 PSUrivie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
To the OP....do things RIGHT and wait a little longer to save the money and get your tune and wideband at the same time. You'll feel better knowing what your ratio is when you go to WOT.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->