What was the main reason you bought your focus? - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat

Ford Focus & General Car Chat Discussion Forum relating to nonspecific Ford Focus models, car purchasing, auto industry news and any car talk.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-06-2003, 03:36 PM   #11
GonFishin
Focus Addict

Fan#: 262
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2006 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 GonFishin Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I got my ZX3 because the shape is great for the subwoofers I already owned (it's accoustically pleasing)....and it had unique styling until [:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]*n Honduh redesigned their $hitbrick.

2006 Mustang GT / Intake / Exhaust / Tune
roughly 290rwhp & 315rwtq
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2003, 03:37 PM   #12
xero2099
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 269
What I Drive: 2008 Sport trac xlt 4x4

FF Reputation: 1 xero2099 Good Standing Member
my bro had one and i liked the ride, so as soon as i found a deal on one i went for it
Old 11-06-2003, 03:59 PM   #13
roadracn
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 422
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 roadracn Good Standing Member
1) 0% financing, Baby!!!!!!!
2) Screaming deal on the trade in of the Ranger p/u
3) Screaming deal on the price of the ZX3
4) It is a car
5) I hated the Ranger
Old 11-06-2003, 04:04 PM   #14
00focus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1594
What I Drive: 2000 Focus Sony Edition

FF Reputation: 1 00focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
good price great looks, aftermarket is pretty cheap compared to my yukon denali, and my girl loves it

jt evo 5front and rear, evo fogs, evo-5 exhaust, ww side skirts, halo hl, 17"rev model 12 rims(black) with dunlop sport fm 901 rubber,easystreet air ride suspension with ride pro digital management,debadged, dvd with 7.2" monitors, fc antenna, euro grille
-BoB-
Old 11-06-2003, 04:21 PM   #15
Lil PZEV
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Loved it as soon as it came out (I was still in HS!) and then when my Mustang needed replacing Ford was offering the $3k rebate and I found a Focus online I fell in love with. Gave it a test drive that afternoon, put down a deposit, and picked it up Monday! I had done a ton of research searching the Net all over and knew I'd love it before I saw it! (45 miles away).
Old 11-06-2003, 04:52 PM   #16
slvrfocus03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 391
What I Drive: Silver 2003 Focus ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slvrfocus03 Good Standing Member
What can I say, everyone has already taken the words right out of my mouth. I've wanted one the day I first saw the commercial on tv on them. Finally got to ride in one few yrs later and few months later, it was a done deal. Will probably most likely get another one too after this one. Only thing I will do different, is get all the options I want instead of settling for what I could get my hands on at the time. The things that it didn't have on it that I wanted was power windows/locks, and moonroof or sunroof, whatever peps call them now. I'm very happy w/ what I have now though and wouldn't trade it for the world. It's a great sporty lil car and don't think anyone could beat it for the price. Even Honda
Current Mods: Tint/Darker Tint on rear windows and tint stripe on windshiled, Focus Fanatics.com decals on both rear windows, changed out base wiper switch w/ 6-speed intermitent wiper switch, Blue M&M (named B.J.) mounted in back seat all buckled in, 10"Pioneer sub w/ 240w Pioneer amp, xm satellite, clear corner lens, Focus third brake light sticker, Replaced stock antenna w/ a 6" aluminum antenna
Old 11-06-2003, 05:19 PM   #17
emilee225
AKA Calamity Jane

Fan#: 200
What I Drive: --2003 Liquid Grey ZX3 (R.I.P.)--

FF Reputation: 1 emilee225 Good Standing Member
Well, I didn't even plan on buying the focus. I had seen some commercials and said, "Hmm, I wouldn't mind having one of those focus hatchbacks!" I went to the dealership to get my oil changed a couple months later, and while I was waiting, just for kicks I went to talk to the dealer to see if I could trade my 01 Mitsubishi Galant in on a used Integra, Civic, Accord, etc. (hey, it's all I knew) So the dealer said, "You'd probably be better off getting a new car. Do you like any of the Fords?" I said, "The Focus is pretty cool." Took it for a test drive and that's all she wrote. I love it because it's a brand new car (Nobody else's butt had ever been in the driver's seat before mine ) and I wanted to rebuild my credit and I wanted a car that would actually last me at least the full length of my loan (crossing fingers...please be good car!) I love my Focus and I'm really surprised because when they first came out I thought they were such ugly cars, now I love this car more than any car I've ever had. And the handling's wonderful and you don't have to do much to make it look great!!
Old 11-06-2003, 05:46 PM   #18
eggyolk
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1298
What I Drive: 03' ZX3 2.3

FF Reputation: 1 eggyolk Good Standing Member
Re: What was the main reason you bought your focus?

Quote:
Originally posted by gthang
Mine was because my parents were paying for my next car, so we went shopping
Wow nice...

Anyway

1. $14500 fully loaded minus sunroof and stuff that's optional on every model
2. $3k in rebates
3. $400 in cash for mailing a copy of my degree to Ford
4. 3.9 % financing on 60 months
5. Advertised 145hp engine
6. The test drive
Draxas race header
Old 11-06-2003, 05:58 PM   #19
R&DSVTZX5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Had a 2002 Grand Prix, hated it. I complained enough that my husband decided to get me something else. Was going to look at a Explorer Sport Trac, behold on the show room floor was a black ZX5 SVT Focus $8000 less, 3.9% APR and a hell of a lot quicker than a Sport Trac. After we worked out a deal we got to test drive, I spent like 10 minutes trying to get the thing in reverse, nobody could get the thing in reverse it was funny as hell Anyway...after a little test spin.....ahhhhhhh...I feel in love, so my hubby bought it for me.

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 11-06-2003, 06:39 PM   #20
fino
Focus Addict

Fan#: 914
What I Drive: RS focus

FF Reputation: 1 fino Good Standing Member
1: the POWER
2: the Speed
3: the Look
4: the road hold!
5: cause there ANIMAL!!!

happy days

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.