tuning- fswerks or focuspower - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2010, 01:41 AM   #1
euro170
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71298
What I Drive: 2004 sonic blue svtf

FF Reputation: 1 euro170 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
tuning- fswerks or focuspower

idk who to go with.. id like to know whos had the best experience with randy and tom.. i know randy does it with sct and tom does it with the diablo predator, i just want to spend my money in the right direction.. the popping from my orp is getting annoying so id like a tune to maybe help and gain some ponies..

NW posse #22

1997 ford ranger lima 2.3.. find me on ranger powersports forums

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2010, 01:45 AM   #2
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
This horse has been beat to death

But I'll sit back and watch anyways

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat

Old 05-14-2010, 01:51 AM   #3
2010_SES
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 73086
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame SES Sedan Manual

FF Reputation: 3 2010_SES Good Standing Member
Taking bets on how many posts before thread gets locked!
DDM 6k HID bi-xenon heads and fogs
Short Throw shifter mod

Old 05-14-2010, 01:53 AM   #4
sleepyboy
FF's Night Security

Fan#: 15335
What I Drive: 01' Yellow ZX3 euro, 04' ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 46 sleepyboy Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (11)
I think it's moved beyond locking and more into the MMA kind of Entertainment lol *E style* lol

Hatch Nation #15 (Ole' Yeller') & #150 (The SVT)
Moderator for
Technical Chat
Zetec Performance Chat
Southern Fanatics Chat

Old 05-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #5
SMITHBOY76908
Boost Junkie!

Fan#: 56301
What I Drive: 2007 Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 18 SMITHBOY76908 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
An excerpt from catb.org:

Before You Ask

Before asking a technical question by e-mail, or in a newsgroup, or on a website chat board, do the following:

1.Try to find an answer by searching the archives of the forum you plan to post to.
2.Try to find an answer by searching the Web.
3.Try to find an answer by reading the manual.
4.Try to find an answer by reading a FAQ.
5.Try to find an answer by inspection or experimentation.
6.Try to find an answer by asking a skilled friend.
7.If you're a programmer, try to find an answer by reading the source code.

When you ask your question, display the fact that you have done these things first; this will help establish that you're not being a lazy sponge and wasting people's time. Better yet, display what you have learned from doing these things. We like answering questions for people who have demonstrated they can learn from the answers.

Use tactics like doing a Google search on the text of whatever error message you get (searching Google groups as well as Web pages). This might well take you straight to fix documentation or a mailing list thread answering your question. Even if it doesn't, saying “I googled on the following phrase but didn't get anything that looked promising” is a good thing to do in e-mail or news postings requesting help, if only because it records what searches won't help. It will also help to direct other people with similar problems to your thread by linking the search terms to what will hopefully be your problem and resolution thread.

Take your time. Do not expect to be able to solve a complicated problem with a few seconds of Googling. Read and understand the FAQs, sit back, relax and give the problem some thought before approaching experts. Trust us, they will be able to tell from your questions how much reading and thinking you did, and will be more willing to help if you come prepared. Don't instantly fire your whole arsenal of questions just because your first search turned up no answers (or too many).

Prepare your question. Think it through. Hasty-sounding questions get hasty answers, or none at all. The more you do to demonstrate that having put thought and effort into solving your problem before seeking help, the more likely you are to actually get help.

Beware of asking the wrong question. If you ask one that is based on faulty assumptions, J. Random Hacker is quite likely to reply with a uselessly literal answer while thinking “Stupid question...”, and hoping the experience of getting what you asked for rather than what you needed will teach you a lesson.

Never assume you are entitled to an answer. You are not; you aren't, after all, paying for the service. You will earn an answer, if you earn it, by asking a substantial, interesting, and thought-provoking question — one that implicitly contributes to the experience of the community rather than merely passively demanding knowledge from others.

On the other hand, making it clear that you are able and willing to help in the process of developing the solution is a very good start. “Would someone provide a pointer?”, “What is my example missing?”, and “What site should I have checked?” are more likely to get answered than “Please post the exact procedure I should use.” because you're making it clear that you're truly willing to complete the process if someone can just point you in the right direction.

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok... now that that's out of the way. Let the beaten horse get beaten further. This horse probably doesn't have much left other than a decaying carcus by this point but w/e. I'm just gonna say to contact both of them and speak with each one directly. FSWerks has great customer service, I know this for a fact. Randy is a great tuner and unlike a certain other, will actually make an attempt to help you after you've paid for the tune (but I'll let that die right there). Just do your own research, call each one of them and talk to them and decide who you want to go with from there.

/thread for all our sakes!

Old 05-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #6
blackoutSVT
Lurking

Fan#: 52102
What I Drive: 86 sportster1100, 12 Focus SE Sedan

FF Reputation: 9 blackoutSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (15)
i agree go with how you like.. every one will tell you diffrent things. people how like focuspower love em and those how like FSWorks love them.. so you will never get a real answer to this question. just the same old bitch fest this is about to turn in to. i have a tune from a local tuner and it is fine for now and i paid 60 for the tune since i had the tuner.

Old 05-14-2010, 09:07 AM   #7
tukaniSVT
FF PHOTOG ENTHUSIAST

Fan#: 5521
What I Drive: 2003 SVT Focus 2008 Edge SEL

FF Reputation: 34 tukaniSVT Great Standing Member
Moved to ECU Tuning Chat

It is a big debate that comes around alot. I have heard great things about both.

-Ray-
Hatch Nation Member: #147

TeamFocalize Head Honcho

R.I.P - FELLOW FF MEMBER, IZZY, BLK2k3GTS, will always be remembered. We will compete on a different course again one day.

OFFICIAL FOCUSFEST PHOTOS POSTED:CLICKY HERE TO SEE THE AREA OF PHOTOS

Old 05-14-2010, 12:07 PM   #8
bdnld4482
Banned

Fan#: 46063
What I Drive: 2012 black focus titanium

FF Reputation: 37 bdnld4482 Great Standing Member
here we go again. Befor the pissing contest starts let me go get a keg and pizza. ready ........set........... go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 05-14-2010, 12:18 PM   #9
scrammer
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Memberscrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
from my experience and what i have heard from others, i believe this is the general consensus:

SVT = Focus-Power
Duratec = FSWerks

for a normal zetec, both are equally good.

a reminder though, with Focus-Power, Tom will update your tunes for free if you stay NA, and if you pay for the FI tune, those tunes are updated for free as well. Not sure if FSWerks does that.

and i agree with all the other members. do a search. there is a tune review thread to make it even easier.
its my hope that this thread just goes dormant before it goes out of control or locked

Old 05-14-2010, 12:22 PM   #10
03OrangeSVT
LETS TURN DIRT!!!!

Fan#: 19169
What I Drive: MINI Cooper S TURBO

FF Reputation: 152 03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member03OrangeSVT Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Tom also tunes duratecs just as Randy tunes zetecs... and Tom also tunes with SCT as well as Diablo.
2004 Harley V-Rod.... sex on wheels
2011 Harley Electra Glide Ultra Limited
[/b]

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks