What sorts of problems has your Focus experienced? - Page 28 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Official Polls & Surveys

Official Polls & Surveys Please take a moment and participate in our online polls and surveys.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: How serious have problems with your Focus been?
Nothing wrong with it! Really pleased with my decision to buy. 405 28.16%
Nothing too serious, minor work here and there. Hasn't broken the bank account yet! 786 54.66%
A number of costly and/or irritating deficiences with the car. Spent a fair bit of change fixing them, and would seriously reconsider buying again! 207 14.39%
So many problems that I will never buy a Ford again. Nearly went bankrupt due to repair shop bills! 40 2.78%
Voters: 1438. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #271
sixt5cuda
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74703
What I Drive: 2010 Blue Flame Coupe SE

FF Reputation: 1 sixt5cuda Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
The front rotors were shot on my 2002 ZX3 after 30K miles, but the chinese replacement rotors lasted another 100K miles.

All 4 wheel bearings, front rotors, rear drums replaced at 137K miles due to wear.

The transmission developed synchro issues around 75K miles, I had a used replacement transmission installed along with new clutch/pressure plate/etc. At 138K miles, bearing in transmission started to fail. Replacement cost was close to remaining market value of the car, so it became a trade-in.

I still recommend the Ford Focus as a good buy to anyone looking for a reliable new or used car.

Previous--2002 Liquid Grey ZX3 Premium 5spd-ABS-Alpine 9856-Debadged-Cougar Shift Knob-Smoked RSVersion corners-SVT Suspension
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-01-2010, 08:01 AM   #272
allentwnguy
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 74792
What I Drive: '05 Black ZX3, 2000 Atm Orange ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 allentwnguy Good Standing Member
T-Boned

Well my 2005 pitch black ZX3 is gone. But I have to hand it to that little car; it took a MAJOR hit and protected me. I was going 50 on a major road in NH and got hit by a car crossing at an intersection. I don't know how much speed I was able to scrub off, I tried to make as much of a right hand turn as I could to get out of her way but she just kept her foot in the gas to get across. Later she said she didn't see me (it was 4:45 in the afternoon!) I took it square in the driver side door. The impact slid me about 40 feet sideways. Injuries...a few sore muscles! The side air bag didn't deploy which was a concern but I'm fine.

Now I'm working on my older 2000 ZX3 to get it back on the road. It sat for 5 years, 2 1/2 years since it was started. It started (a little help with ether) in about 10 mins. I'll drive it until the 11-12 Focus 3 door is back then think about buying another one.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	focus4.jpg
Views:	198
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	17824  

Old 05-03-2010, 01:25 AM   #273
Andrew
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 6565
What I Drive: 08 Caliber SRT4, 05 ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 2 Andrew Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
I love my Focus. I have 150,000KM on it and so far I've had to replace the rear wiper motor. I had a 2001 ZX4 SE and it was bullet proof as well for me.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:20 AM   #274
save_HUTCH
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 74537
What I Drive: 2008 Red Coupe, 1994 Dodge Shadow

FF Reputation: 3 save_HUTCH Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
The only problem I have had is the darn TPMS system keeps saying it has a malfunction. One day the light will go off then it will come right back on, then off, then on. As long as the tires physically hold air the light doesnt really bother me.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:14 PM   #275
glenny
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74129
What I Drive: 03 gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 glenny Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
my thermostat housing is leaking, fixing it tonight so not to worried. i've been told its a common focus issues.
oh and somehow my front left spring broke? that was kinda weird.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #276
MRDANGLES
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 74071
What I Drive: 2003 ztw

FF Reputation: 1 MRDANGLES Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenny View Post
my thermostat housing is leaking, fixing it tonight so not to worried. i've been told its a common focus issues.
oh and somehow my front left spring broke? that was kinda weird.
can you see it leaking from the housing? i have a leak and cant find it. also does it leak while running or sitting over nite?
Old 05-17-2010, 12:00 PM   #277
Revhard808
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 74341
What I Drive: 05 Ford Focus ZX3 SES

Points 300, Level 5
Points: 300, Level: 5 Points: 300, Level: 5 Points: 300, Level: 5
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 Revhard808 Good Standing Member
First problem I had in my 05 focus with 20 thousand miles was a small clutch leak likely I was looking under my car cause it just started happening. Bought da car brand new with only 20 something miles. Da second problem I have still yet is sometimes it wont start. Then when I shut da car and turn it on it starts wierd.
Posted via FF Mobile
Old 05-17-2010, 06:39 PM   #278
daviel
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 75065
What I Drive: 2004, silver 3 dr SVT

FF Reputation: 1 daviel Good Standing Member
All my glitches showed up lately - between 85k and110k miles. Coolant leak - water pump I think - easy fix. The worst was my engine light came on because of a bad O2 sensor and it took $2, 000 because the mechanic did not know how to handle the problem and just replaced this and that. I took it to another dealership with some code info from my stepson (pro-mechanic) and it got fixed. All the other problems I have had were caused by the driver. If Ford ever makes another SVT small euro-car I'll buy it.
Old 05-18-2010, 07:29 PM   #279
RS3RS
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19416
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 RS3RS Good Standing Member
2003 SVT Focus with over 100k. Nothing but minor problems.

IMRC broke, drove without it for a few years then took it apart and fixed it with a little epoxy. Cost: Free

There was a leak somewhere in the cooling system about a year ago. Fixed with some radiator stop-leak. Cost: ~$5

Switch to open the hatch broke. Replacement from ebay: $13

Driver's side sway-bar end link died. Replacement cost: $52

Total cost: $70

Not bad for 5 1/2 years of ownership. Of course I saved a lot by doing labor myself
Old 05-19-2010, 02:00 PM   #280
GFXer
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 47977
What I Drive: 2006 ZX4 GFX Pitch Black

FF Reputation: 1 GFXer Good Standing Member
Bought this 06 Focus when it was 1 yr/50,000km old ... so, I've owned it 3 yrs and put 60,000km on it ...

-alternator (was just past 60k so Ford pitched in)
-driver's door lock actuator x 2 (both times under warranty)
- now PS pump ... which didn't solve the problem ... it's been in the shop for 3 days now, and they've finally figured out that the reservoir has become restricted and is stopping the fluid from flowing ... this one was a pain to solve!!
-front pads & rotors @ about 100km

Nothing terribly major ... BUT ... my last 2 cars were both VW's ... first one got hit @ 275k, last one was gonna cost me some money @ 245k so I sold it. Neither one ever left me stranded and never cost me more than $400 on a single repair ... somehow, I don't think I'll be able to say the same about this Focus. I like it fine, but it ain't no Vee-Dub. As long as it lasts me another year or so, and I can save up my pocket money for an 09 Evo!!!

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.