SCT Datalogging issues PLEASE POST - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-28-2010, 12:51 PM   #71
illinipo
Token Engin-nerd

Fan#: 37693
What I Drive: dirty wag; Party; Bavarian phallus

FF Reputation: 272 illinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Memberillinipo Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (19)
livelink 6
windows xp
xcal2 1.14
2002 Focus NFC1/SBAF6

sometimes when starting a log everything will come up as 0.000 and stay that way. Have to stop and start the log to fix it. Sometimes it will do it 2-3 times in a row.

Not on this list? Almost certainly crap.
SUV this!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2010, 09:00 AM   #72
mtadd162
Proudly Daily Driven

Fan#: 47890
What I Drive: 2005 Focus ST

FF Reputation: 9 mtadd162 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PSUrivie View Post
when I plug my firewire into the xcal and select start monitoring, an error comes up that says communication lost!...what am I doing wrong.. I can't get my AEM to be recognized by the xcal
what version live link and what operating system?
-ST Crew #73 N/A FTW!
Feb. 09' ROTM
SSR - Silver Sedan Revolution Member #1
Cams Installed, great made my car into a VTAK
Old 03-30-2010, 09:51 AM   #73
PSUrivie
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 67329
What I Drive: Boostin in the Mid-A

FF Reputation: 15 PSUrivie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
^^got it working yesterday!!! Livelink 6 and windows XP...I have an 09...there's a couple things you have to do differently to get it to work
Old 03-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #74
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing MemberBradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Problem: 08' Focus - PID list

Tom, I know you are aware of this, just thought I'd add it here so that Blivit is aware of my latest little aggravation.

My strategy number is FDGH3F2.H32. Bring up LiveLink and DO NOT connect the X3 to the OBD port. You will be asked to enter your strategy number (FDGH3F2). The list of PIDs that is displayed is different then the list you get when the X3 is plugged into the ODB port. When it is plugged in to the OBD port some important little items like, "pressure drop across injectors" that is displayed when unplugged is no longer listed.

I sent that info to SCT support and the answer was:

"PID's that show when the device is not plugged in are general/default PIDS, and are not necessarily available to datalog. This would be why you’re experiencing the issues you are. The only recommendation I have for you is you could possibly have the vehicle re-flashed by Ford for a newer strategy and that could possibly provide more/proper PIDS to datalog."

Really, I'm supposed to hope that re-flashing my ECU will solve it?

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 03-31-2010, 12:45 PM   #75
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I agree that what the tech told you was probably not the best...or any..solution.

The real deal: The 08+ focus uses a mechanical returnless fuel system. This is different from other years. There is no PID for monitoring fuel pressure because of this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
Problem: 08' Focus - PID list

Tom, I know you are aware of this, just thought I'd add it here so that Blivit is aware of my latest little aggravation.

My strategy number is FDGH3F2.H32. Bring up LiveLink and DO NOT connect the X3 to the OBD port. You will be asked to enter your strategy number (FDGH3F2). The list of PIDs that is displayed is different then the list you get when the X3 is plugged into the ODB port. When it is plugged in to the OBD port some important little items like, "pressure drop across injectors" that is displayed when unplugged is no longer listed.

I sent that info to SCT support and the answer was:

"PID's that show when the device is not plugged in are general/default PIDS, and are not necessarily available to datalog. This would be why you’re experiencing the issues you are. The only recommendation I have for you is you could possibly have the vehicle re-flashed by Ford for a newer strategy and that could possibly provide more/proper PIDS to datalog."

Really, I'm supposed to hope that re-flashing my ECU will solve it?
Old 03-31-2010, 09:09 PM   #76
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing MemberBradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Thank you, I appreciate your response. I'd also like you to know that I appreciate that fact that you are here on FF so we can bounce things off of you.

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 04-20-2010, 06:04 PM   #77
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Hey this is for anyone who is having the issue where the odometer reads ---- and all the gauge reset while datalogging. THIS symptom of the ---- and gauges reset will only happen after you hit the red stop button to end the log, it will not hurt anything and is ok. ONCE you are done tuning and have the xcal unplugged it will NEVER happen again. :) heres some info for you guys
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me
Old 04-20-2010, 07:50 PM   #78
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
I agree that what the tech told you was probably not the best...or any..solution.

The real deal: The 08+ focus uses a mechanical returnless fuel system. This is different from other years. There is no PID for monitoring fuel pressure because of this.
The returnless system of the o8 and up has the same type cannister and a fuel rail psi sensor just like the early years , The ECU is getting a reading of fuel psi from somewhere because I saw this on a Ford scan tool , whats changes that makes the o8 Diff from the o9 or o7 ? If Ford can read and the ECU read this signal why cant SCT read it ?

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 PM   #79
disciplerocks
GT40 all the things!

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
The only problem I have had is connection issues in cold weather. I usually just bring it in and sit it by furnace vent for a minute.

Now if it only worked with windows 7 now that would be sweet!
89 Bronco II XLT Crawler
Old 04-21-2010, 05:40 AM   #80
borchey12
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 66057
What I Drive: 2009 Sangria Red SES coupe

FF Reputation: 1 borchey12 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I have a tune from Tom for my 09. I have done a couple of datalogs for him so he can get my A/F ratio within the proper limits @ WOT. The problem is when I run multiple PIDs in Livelink, the analog channel (A/F) gets "noisy". The gauge stays at a solid 14.8, but in Livelink the ratio jumps from 14.8 to 10 at every timestamp. Now, if I only run 2 or 3 PIDs, say A/f, RPM, and fuel pressure, the A/F stays steady and matches the gauge.

Copied from a thread by PSUrivie, due to the fact that I'm having the same problem logging my '09 with Livelink 6.1 and X3 on Windows Vista.

Bookmarks & Social Networks