SCCA Drops Rally in US - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 10-07-2004, 12:13 AM   #11
ZETEC3
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 81
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid grey ZX3, 95 240SX SE

FF Reputation: 1 ZETEC3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Driving Nascar takes a lot more skill than most people give them credit for. Deez you wouldnt be able to come close to hanging with most amatuers driving nascar. Oh and your description also describes all F1 races and the 24 hour of Le Mans I suppose those dont take much skill either huh? And I forgot what it was but last year there was a road race I believe with drivers from the WRC, Nascar, IRL, and Champ Cars and a few others I believe and from what I remember the 3 rally drivers went 1,2,3 in it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2004, 08:18 AM   #12
Carrera26
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 12237
What I Drive: 2005 Mazda3 2.3/2003 VW Passat GLX

FF Reputation: 2 Carrera26 Good Standing Member
But Rally was the fastest growing part of the SCCA? Why in god's name would they drop it? Financial / legal risks too high?
Old 10-07-2004, 10:08 AM   #13
_RED_
Sonic's MK3 Crew #02

Fan#: 10712
What I Drive: 2014 Fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 2 _RED_ Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I wish that they would so more rally events in the US instead of once in a while you night see it on speed chanel
Old 10-07-2004, 01:03 PM   #14
WD40
The Librarian

Fan#: 5157
What I Drive: '04 Sonic Blue - SVT 3Door

FF Reputation: 138 WD40 Excellent Standing MemberWD40 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
But Rally was the fastest growing part of the SCCA? Why in god's name would they drop it?
Yeah, that doesn't make sense.
Especially, since they just stated running SCCA RallyCross for street cars.
WEIRD.
Old 10-07-2004, 02:17 PM   #15
Geezer
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing MemberGeezer Excellent Standing Member
There were several serious accident over the past year. Two spectators were killed and a driver and codriver were killed plus several other accidents were the drivers or codrivers were injured. Insurance companies do not like this many serious incidents in one year. The insurance companies indicated that it would significantly influence SCCA's rates. SCCA carries a blanket policy that covers all its racing (road racing, solo, rally etc.) To save the organization as a whole they were forced to drop rally. The SCCA will, however, continue to sanction rallycrosses. There are two sanctioning bodies that will continue to sanction rally. One is N.A.S.A. and the other is a new player on the block , Rally America, which was founded by several SCCA rallyists.

Bookmarks & Social Networks