watch and help! - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 03-22-2010, 09:35 PM   #21
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Fan#: 56705
What I Drive: ^^^ That!

FF Reputation: 10 GodLovesUgly Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve35svt View Post
There's a saying, slower is faster. Front drives understeer when pushed to hard. And we use starts like that all the time, easier on the car than drag race starts.
a lot of cars were still drag starting it and just whipping around it was pretty sweet how percise they were.. must take years. makes sense what you're saying.
thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex214 View Post
First event? Looked fine from here...not over-driving, being sensible, no errors of over-exuberance. There's a lot to say for that! ;)

Sometimes you can get an instructor-type to ride along to get one-on-one input. It also says a lot that you realize seat-time is the most important thing now. Good luck!
sweet! my first run was a prime example of over-exuberance but i calmed down and tried to get perfect lines. i really need to work on looking ahead. i can only look 2 cones ahead haha. it will get better.
thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
Hey Mark are you gonna stay #87?
i sure am. 87 ftw! looking at some magnets from zx360 atm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2010, 10:28 PM   #22
mikebontoft
Toxx

Fan#: 58647
What I Drive: 5.9L Grand Cherokee ZJ

FF Reputation: 76 mikebontoft Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Awesome! Wondering how I knew your number?

lol but yeah I wonder if I could get going with that (maybe they'll accept me since I'm really only two months away) and race myself. I think first run I'd definitely push it too lol. Just to see what "not smart" means.

I wonder if they'll let me zip tie my seats in the back though, cause It would be possible then I could still run in ST.

Funny you mentioned the magnets thing (maybe you caught on to what I was saying??) I actually asked the guys next door if they could make me some magnets and they said they would.

Was that helmet yours? I understand they have their own.

Do you think they'd allow my duct tape roof mount cam? I mean it WAS freakin solid. I got a good video of it too I should post.

Also did you get the SCCA's uh, starter permit or whatever it was for people 24 and under that's a yearly fee of $45? I think I could do that.

Btw have you been to utahscca.com? I checked their forum and they had the weekend's results posted. Also had reserved numbers posted (I didn't see yours) so yeah I guess get that up there lol.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 03-22-2010, 10:50 PM   #23
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebontoft View Post
Awesome! Wondering how I knew your number?

lol but yeah I wonder if I could get going with that (maybe they'll accept me since I'm really only two months away) and race myself. I think first run I'd definitely push it too lol. Just to see what "not smart" means.

I wonder if they'll let me zip tie my seats in the back though, cause It would be possible then I could still run in ST.

Funny you mentioned the magnets thing (maybe you caught on to what I was saying??) I actually asked the guys next door if they could make me some magnets and they said they would.

Was that helmet yours? I understand they have their own.

Do you think they'd allow my duct tape roof mount cam? I mean it WAS freakin solid. I got a good video of it too I should post.

Also did you get the SCCA's uh, starter permit or whatever it was for people 24 and under that's a yearly fee of $45? I think I could do that.

Btw have you been to utahscca.com? I checked their forum and they had the weekend's results posted. Also had reserved numbers posted (I didn't see yours) so yeah I guess get that up there lol.
they wouldn't allow you with out an adults permission. scca is really legit man. at least ours is.
Zip ties included. i doubt that would fly. they probably wouldn't notice though.. they don't inspect like that.

how much does he want for the numbers?

yeah that was my helmet i got from work. it's sweet i like it.
they have a ton there as loaners.

no duct taped mounts..

yeah i did the first timer membership. you still have to pay roughly 25 an event. worth every dollar and every station worked and cone picked up!

yeah, i've been on there since october. learned quite a bit actually.
they are all super nice guys. as with most regions i'm sure. ours is definitely a rookie friendly region.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE E-CENTER!
i'm already making arangements for the wendover two day event!! next month around this time.
Old 03-22-2010, 10:57 PM   #24
mikebontoft
Toxx

Thanks for getting back to me on that. I guess I'll just do a ride along till May. I'm sure I could learn something that way.

To hell with it... I love my car stripped down anyway lol. I'll run Street Modified.

Edit: btw I didn't ask price I just asked real quick if they could do that.

Also looks like it will be wet next weekend.
SR #127 | '02 Focus SE "Foci" (5.0 RWD - parting) | '90 Mazda 626 GT "Greenie" (2.2L turbo T3/T4 rebuild-sold) | '75 BMW 2002 "Carby" (resto-mod racecar) | '75 BMW 2002 (donor -sold) | '98 Jeep Grand Cherokee 5.9L (lifted and fast) | '99 BMW 328is (alt. daily).
Moderating General Chat Lounge, General Technical Chat, Ford Focus & General Car Chat, and Rocky Mountain Fanatics
Old 03-22-2010, 11:21 PM   #25
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

that should be fun! i'll be nervous in the rain. fun though.
honestly after my first event, it doesn't really matter what class you are in at first. cause you won't even come close to #1 as you can tell in my class lol. just go out and race and learn. that's what i'm doing. i talked to this older guy that raced a stang gt and he helped A LOT. i walked the course with him and he explained it in RWD and FWD it was awesome for sure. i talked with him all day.
come out and have fun with me! even if you don't have fun (which is impossible.) you'll get to check out some sick cars!
Old 03-23-2010, 12:14 AM   #26
mikebontoft
Toxx

That would def be neat
Old 03-23-2010, 05:27 AM   #27
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesUgly View Post
my tires would rub on the hills, like on the side wall, can this be fixed by having the fenders rolled? and would that bump me out of ST? i have 215/45/17s on svt 6 spokes.
also check out some of the cars that were there at the end of the video, THANKS!
I am in ST class as well. YES, you are allowed to roll your fenders - post up once you get a roller though because you have to make sure you get the fender hot before you roll it or the paint is going to crack and peel...
Old 03-23-2010, 08:59 AM   #28
GodLovesUgly
.Flat Out.

just take a heat gun to it? like that warm?
Old 03-23-2010, 07:27 PM   #29
SpeedOften
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2139
What I Drive: E90 335i, 2002 E53 X5 4.4i

FF Reputation: 28 SpeedOften Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GodLovesUgly View Post
just take a heat gun to it? like that warm?
yes, I used a base model craftsman...

Get it actually HOT, hot enough to almost melt the fender liner actually - I didn't get my driverside front hot enough and it's pealing, but all of the others we really heated up and I have not had any pealing.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:31 PM   #30
mikebontoft
Toxx

So Mark do you think mine would probably rub too then?

Bookmarks & Social Networks