Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT Focus-supercharged? or not?

5K views 34 replies 21 participants last post by  BlinkSterZX3 
#1 ·
A buddy of mine drives a 2003 zx3 and he was trying to tell me that all svtf's come supercharged. i told him that some of them might but not all do, and you can buy a supercharger kit for them. i told him my focus is an svt and he asked if it is s/c'ed. i told him no, and he said that its not a real svt. anyways we kept arguing about this for like 15 minutes.

so whats the deal? do some svtf's come supercharged? or not?

thanks

#2 ·
Tell your "buddy" he is THE biggest idiot. Ever. SVTF is all motor from the factory. There is no "factory S/C" at all. Ford Racing used to sell a JRSC kit, but it's not considered factory in any way.

#3 ·
They DO NOT come S/C'ed. Your friend is nuts. He probably thinks they are because of the cobra's. You can buy a kit, but it doesn't come on it stock.

#4 ·
ya thats what i tried telling him and i was pretty sure none of them come s/c. just wanted some proof on here to show him lol

thanks guys

#6 ·
you should of just turned and walked away.

i had a coworker with like a 98 mustang gt who is one of those people who just talk about bs stuff and lies and knows nothing about cars really.

told me my car came with a SC and are set up for nos from the factory.
i told him no and he tried arguing iwth me.
my response was.
"you're right you own the car and drive it daily"
:facepalm:

#8 ·
mine soon will be and then i will laugh when i pull on all the ricers that trying getting me to race

#10 ·
man. I thought I was the only one that got asked this. everytime people ask me what kinda car I drive, I tell them and then wait for it. "ohhhhh. thats cool. the supercharged one right?"

I just drop my head as I shake it, and walk away.

#12 ·
well, he obviously just doesn't know alot. he prolly knows the SVT cobra and lightening were SC'd, and thats what he's basing it on!! but still the fact that he wansts to argue w/ you is funny!

#14 ·
the guy at my local oriellys is always asking " is the SC one?" ... im like "no"... and he is "are you sure is an SVT"... me " yes, very sure, there is no SC focus SVT unless you put one on it"... he" so, you do have and SVT?, and is not SC?"... me "yes"... he"thas weird"... and this is every single time i go there, sometimes i just rather to drive to the other autostore like 8 min. away to avoid this stupidity.

#18 ·
Same here ... I just tell them I drive a focus ... they laugh ... then I drive off ... with a smile that when they look outside ... they stop laughing and say ... "You know that is one nice looking focus ... I'd drive one if they came like that". The guys I run into that know whats up are my Inspection guys I go to.

-Ray-

#23 ·
you should just tell the yes if they have a car thats supposed to be faster than an svt like and sti or evo and so they think you are slow and there car is all quick and then slap a supercharger on it and rape their tits off.

i plan on doing that to a few of the sti guys who think their stock sti are super fast and rag on them everywhere they go.

#25 ·
SVT = Supercharged Vehicle Team? I am really disappointed, all this time I thought my car was supercharged... I should go yell at the guy I bought it from...

#26 ·
i really hope you are being sarcastic

#29 ·
evo and sti are way heavier and they have awd and tons of power loss.

a svt with jrsc should keep up with a evo and sti from a roll all day.

and not too mention they ont have the best powerbands with their turbos.

#30 ·
I've ridden in a stock STI and even from a roll is was multiple times quicker than my low 15 second SVT. I could see a turbo SVT keeping up or winning with a good enough build

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.