SCT Datalogging issues PLEASE POST - Page 6 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 02-02-2010, 08:26 AM   #51
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
Blivit , I have been going live with the customers PC because there telling me the PID I request are not there
I have played around with 6.1 with it hooked to PC hooked to xcal3 then to Focus and there are a few labled wrong and some not there or labled wrong and I am just missing them
One is knock retard , Its named knock retard limit but I beleive is knock retard (jfa8)

There were others engine temp I get in the 7 to 800 range , I believe its there just labled wrong

Makes it very hard to find this stuff im sure you understand

Tom
The knock retard was pointed out earlier in this thread.

Are these others pid's or DMR's?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 08:27 AM   #52
Blivit
Focus Addict

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus View Post
I have a customer that will be calling in today that we have been remote tuning that had this same issue , Nothing has been changed and we have loaded many tunes issue free , now it wont load my tunes and I was on line with him and it "just happened" out of the blue , No new programs installed just loading tunes and datalogging

Tom
Which SCT programs does this customer have installed and what operating system is on their PC?

At what point did the error start happening? Were other SCT programs open at the same time?

Also, with any of these customers, what antivirus program are they running? We recently discovered that Mcafee and AVG started flagging certain SCT files as being trojan files (which they are not.) We contacted them and they have since updated their definitions files so that this doesn't happen in the future but if the customers are running these programs and haven't updated that may be the cause.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:50 AM   #53
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
He did have the LL3 open and he has W7

I am not sure of the antivirus but will ask , I am sure the tech will ask him these things when he calls in this AM

He had loaded the tunes about 8 to 10 times issue free , then yesterday it wouldnt load the tune to the xcal

I will post the rest of the info you requested when he gets back to me

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-02-2010, 08:57 AM   #54
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
The knock retard was pointed out earlier in this thread.

Are these others pid's or DMR's?
It was about 10:00 last night from what I remember I could not find them in either upper or lower case labeled correctly

I got a datalog yesterday with K (small square box) N (small square box) S (small square box) all the PID in the listings had the (small square box) between each letter and it wouldnt datalog , Tech Kris got the datalog its the second time I have seen this happen and another datalog with tune I had serious issues with was sent to him

Maybe you can take a look and see whats going on with those

Tom

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-02-2010, 12:12 PM   #55
FordManSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44253
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 SVT Euro in Comp Orange

FF Reputation: 1 FordManSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
I got the tune loaded on the SF3 at work this morning. So i am sure its something with the drivers on my laptop at home. I will recheck the drivers when i get home. I think i am using norton anitvirus, it may have run out. I dont think i changed anything before i tried to load the tune. I updated adobe reader, thats all i can think of. Ill see if livelink works tonight.
Old 02-02-2010, 12:37 PM   #56
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing MemberBradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
My issue is not being able to log my A/F ratio from my AutoMeter Ultra-Light Air/Fuel Monitor on my 08'. I did work with Blivit some months ago on this and we weren't able to figure out why.

I will post the rest of the details for version #'s etc later today, at work now.

I would like to SCT for sticking in here with us and working on these issues. You guys are great!

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 02-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #57
FordManSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44253
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 SVT Euro in Comp Orange

FF Reputation: 1 FordManSVT Good Standing Member
I am using a autometer wideband A/F and can log it. Do you have a firewire cable wired to the output from the gauge? you also have to use an analog equation, which is 10+(1.5*v).
Old 02-02-2010, 12:57 PM   #58
Blivit
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by BradWhite View Post
My issue is not being able to log my A/F ratio from my AutoMeter Ultra-Light Air/Fuel Monitor on my 08'. I did work with Blivit some months ago on this and we weren't able to figure out why.
This should be working now. The problem is, you have to create your own datalog file then load that to the device. Once that is done, you will add the analog ON THE DEVICE (when it asks you to configure analogs.)
Old 02-02-2010, 01:51 PM   #59
BradWhite
Head Hurt

Fan#: 54975
What I Drive: 08 Sedan SE Vista Blue

FF Reputation: 174 BradWhite Excellent Standing MemberBradWhite Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Great thanks guys

RIFF CREW, Sedan Revolution #137, TEAM Duratec #181, Bremerton Raceway #658, NW POSSE #6
Old 02-03-2010, 06:46 PM   #60
xy0s08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65298
What I Drive: 00 ZX3 Kona, 00 ZX3, 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 7 xy0s08 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
Some older vehicles will do this. It does not affect anything in the vehicle nor should it affect anything with the logging.
okay so you are saying that even though i get a really bad idle that when i do a data log that will not affect it at all??

Bookmarks & Social Networks