SCT Datalogging issues PLEASE POST - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-30-2010, 01:36 PM   #41
horsePOOGAS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30328
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 horsePOOGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
it is because I havnt even got to use it yet... Im still waiting for my J&S to come in the mail THEN tom and I can go back to tuning. So im hopeing this will happen really soon and I hope the older version does well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2010, 02:16 PM   #42
ken6x6
Focus Addict

Fan#: 31100
What I Drive: 03 Black SVTF

FF Reputation: 2 ken6x6 Good Standing Member
data logging has never worked for me, i consistently get initialization errors, tried it on two different laptops (PC & Mac) unplugged and plugged in all different ways. besides that i cant even get my xcal2 to work 60% of the time, period.
03 SVTF #3804, full suspension, CM FX300, Torsen LSD, no cat, dual exhaust, Tom's tune. 167whp 154 wtq (dyno jet) and some other stuff. dyno- http://www.youtube.com/user/ken6x6#p/a/u/1/cKH4FX7c9L4
Old 02-01-2010, 08:41 AM   #43
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ken6x6 View Post
data logging has never worked for me, i consistently get initialization errors, tried it on two different laptops (PC & Mac) unplugged and plugged in all different ways. besides that i cant even get my xcal2 to work 60% of the time, period.
Details? Version numbers?

As an aside, none of our software works natively on a Mac.
Old 02-01-2010, 08:06 PM   #44
FordManSVT
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 44253
What I Drive: 2003 ZX3 SVT Euro in Comp Orange

FF Reputation: 1 FordManSVT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Ok i know this isnt about logging, but i all of the sudden today i cant upload a tune to my SF3. I uninstalled and reinstalled updater 2.3 and it still wont work. It says failed to read data. any ideas?
Old 02-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #45
xy0s08
Focus Addict

Fan#: 65298
What I Drive: 00 ZX3 Kona, 00 ZX3, 04 SVTF

FF Reputation: 7 xy0s08 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Car: 2000 Focus zx3
Device: SF3
Software version: 6.1

Whenever i do a data log with live link, my temp gauge goes from normal operating temperature to all the way cold and then back to normal. also my tach says that i am idling at 1250 and the xcal say i am at 1350, also the tach drops to 0 rpm at idle and then back to normal, the check engine light flashes on and off also. my car also gets a really rough idle whenever it is plugged into the live link. i don't have a clue on how to fix this, i need some help.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:21 PM   #46
Blivit
Focus Addict

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by xy0s08 View Post
Car: 2000 Focus zx3
Device: SF3
Software version: 6.1

Whenever i do a data log with live link, my temp gauge goes from normal operating temperature to all the way cold and then back to normal. also my tach says that i am idling at 1250 and the xcal say i am at 1350, also the tach drops to 0 rpm at idle and then back to normal, the check engine light flashes on and off also. my car also gets a really rough idle whenever it is plugged into the live link. i don't have a clue on how to fix this, i need some help.
Please see post 38 above.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:23 PM   #47
Blivit
Focus Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by FordManSVT View Post
Ok i know this isnt about logging, but i all of the sudden today i cant upload a tune to my SF3. I uninstalled and reinstalled updater 2.3 and it still wont work. It says failed to read data. any ideas?
Your PC is not communicating with your SF3. Check in device manager to be sure the device shows up there under jungo.

If it doesn't show up, something happened with the driver...which doesn't just "happen" unless something else caused an issue. Did you install a new program or something?
Old 02-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #48
horsePOOGAS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30328
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 horsePOOGAS Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by FordManSVT View Post

I had this EXACT same problem... check your drivers Id be willing to bet they're not installed properly, specially if you downloaded and installed the programe again.
Old 02-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #49
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Blivit , I have been going live with the customers PC because there telling me the PID I request are not there
I have played around with 6.1 with it hooked to PC hooked to xcal3 then to Focus and there are a few labled wrong and some not there or labled wrong and I am just missing them
One is knock retard , Its named knock retard limit but I beleive is knock retard (jfa8)

There were others engine temp I get in the 7 to 800 range , I believe its there just labled wrong

Makes it very hard to find this stuff im sure you understand

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus
Old 02-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #50
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

FF Reputation: 153 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (28)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blivit View Post
Your PC is not communicating with your SF3. Check in device manager to be sure the device shows up there under jungo.

If it doesn't show up, something happened with the driver...which doesn't just "happen" unless something else caused an issue. Did you install a new program or something?
I have a customer that will be calling in today that we have been remote tuning that had this same issue , Nothing has been changed and we have loaded many tunes issue free , now it wont load my tunes and I was on line with him and it "just happened" out of the blue , No new programs installed just loading tunes and datalogging

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email: hpdyno@aol.com
Phone: 704-249-3745
Site: focus-power.com

Elder 1turbofocus

Bookmarks & Social Networks