Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 13 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2010, 11:10 AM   #121
focusZX505
FOCUS REVOLUTION

Fan#: 19251
What I Drive: 08 Black Coupe 14 fiesta ST

FF Reputation: 4 focusZX505 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
The aftermarket will be HUGE for this car because it's the same across the pond as here which mean there will be alot of stuff out there for it
SCSCC #320
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 11:11 AM   #122
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Posted via FF Mobile Some words...even though it doesnt seem much was talked about as far as future stff with the focus, autoblog said that a three door hatch AND a coupe is in the works. You know the europeans love them and will get them and since they being built here no sense in not having a few on dealer lots. Also you can blame any boring or similar to other style on the chinese...which are a very conservative market. This one focus had to appeal to everybody so teams from around the world had input on it. Itll grow on me...i wanna see some spec numbers tho and here more about its future.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:13 AM   #123
Z_interactive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
Actualy i don't care about anything.

If mk3 costs and drives good as current mk2 does, i don't give fuxx about looks or equipment...
Old 01-11-2010, 11:17 AM   #124
WUGcatsvt
Obama Can't Gymkhana

Fan#: 36697
What I Drive: 02 SVT, 86 BMW E30, 10 VW GTI

FF Reputation: 62 WUGcatsvt Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
^^The mk3 and mk2 are different over here. They dont drive the same.
We are happy to get something that is somewhat like your last model.
gumpcrew#10
Gulf Coast Region #12 - Me-45 DSP
My Girl-451 DSPL
Old 01-11-2010, 11:20 AM   #125
DrkKnight614
GO Green

Fan#: 14522
What I Drive: 2003 2.0L Grabber Green Zx3

FF Reputation: 47 DrkKnight614 Great Standing Member
Posted via FF Mobile http://www.autoblog.com/2010/01/11/d...egment-savior/
Old 01-11-2010, 11:26 AM   #126
Paladin
VEKTOR PLATE

Fan#: 64465
What I Drive: blue sub #6

FF Reputation: 10 Paladin Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
i am really wanting the five door. i could use something with more doors. i'll keep my three for when its just me and anotehr person on a nice summer day, that and track whoring. but the new one will get raced too. you can be sure of that. as for tire size. wider is better. i welcome wider tires on the focus. it looks better. i wonder if 18"s will fit over the brakes though.
Old 01-11-2010, 11:27 AM   #127
Z_interactive
Focus Addict

Fan#: 69219
What I Drive: 2007 blue 1.6

FF Reputation: 2 Z_interactive Good Standing Member
You people in USA don't know what you have been missing last 6 years.
International Mk2 is awesome car. But you all know that.

You all also know that Mk3 have upgraded C1 platform = best handling hatchback ever and it's coming in US too...

Enjoy Mk3!!!
Old 01-11-2010, 11:37 AM   #128
wrc_fan
slow

Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by apagios View Post
My main point was the 2L engine is supposed to be in the 150's hp and mid 140's torque. 235 width tires is way over kill for that, heck the SVTF is 170/145 and came stock with 215 width tires. The fact that they designed for 235 width tires/wheels bodes well for putting RS levels of power to the ground. Plus they got the Revknuckle proven in the RS, no reason not to bring that over as well.
I disagree, you can never have too much tire but maybe that's the autox'r in me

I loved running 225/15/50's on my car. I haven't seen any info on suspension changes, revo knuckle, etc

Next week, someone in Detroit needs to sneak on to the display and find out what's behind those wheels!!!!

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #129
S0C0nFused
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 39405
What I Drive: 2007 TorD-Red ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 77 S0C0nFused Excellent Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_interactive View Post
You people in USA don't know what you have been missing last 6 years.
Well put Z.
Last of the Hatches #28
Old 01-11-2010, 11:41 AM   #130
bradshsi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 58770
What I Drive: 2002 Sonic Blue Turbocharged SVT

FF Reputation: 6 bradshsi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrkKnight614 View Post
Also you can blame any boring or similar to other style on the chinese...which are a very conservative market. This one focus had to appeal to everybody so teams from around the world had input on it.
I really admire Alan Mulally for what he's done at Ford. But I think he's wrong in one important respect. To quote him from a NY Times article on Sunday:

"Gunnar Herrmann, head of the Focus project, recalled how Mr. Mulally kept referring to his years of developing airplanes that were the same no matter where they flew.

“He said, you guys are always doing multiple doors on these cars; at Boeing, we have only one door,” Mr. Herrmann remembers......

When it came to designing the exterior of the vehicle, the team faced a quandary. Whereas European and American buyers appreciate flair, Chinese consumers, in particular, have more conservative tastes. In the past, Mr. Herrmann, said, Ford would have designed separate bumpers and headlights for the different markets. That approach, however, wouldn’t fly with Mr. Mulally."

The thing is last time I checked airlines don't base a large part of their decision to buy a Boeing based on how it looks. Buying a car is done partly with your head and partly with your heart. Long term Mulally risks ignoring the heart part at his peril.

Look at the current Toyota lineup. I find it to be for the most part utterly boring. So while their vehicles perform, you won't find me buying one any time soon. This boringness is a consequence of trying to make one design suit everyone worldwide. As such you reach the lowest common denominator in terms of emotional appeal.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->