Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #101
DueceCoupe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 32955
What I Drive: 07 Infra Red ST,2002 ZX3.

FF Reputation: 5 DueceCoupe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
^ A performance model can't be justified unless sales of this retool can support SVT to come up with something decent to play around with.
But if this is the Global Ford Focus,why do we not have the Euro RS or ST available?
I mean freakin Mexico has it,but not us???
Why should it be up to SVT?
And also if this were true,why the SVT Raptor?
No prior sales to justify that build.
I just dont get it.

ST Crew Member # 666
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 10:22 AM   #102
nepafocus03
Focus Addict

Fan#: 42021
FF Reputation: 1 nepafocus03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i dont hate it but i also dont love it. honestly id take the previous few years euro ST. that car was about perfect to me. also x1000 on te 3 door hatch and svt versions. im on the fence on this one still.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #103
wrc_fan
slow

Fan#: 11913
What I Drive: 03 ZX3 Duratec 08 WRX Hatch

FF Reputation: 23 wrc_fan Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by DueceCoupe View Post
But if this is the Global Ford Focus,why do we not have the Euro RS or ST available?
I mean freakin Mexico has it,but not us???
Why should it be up to SVT?
And also if this were true,why the SVT Raptor?
No prior sales to justify that build.
I just dont get it.
Trucks still have a huge profit margin when compared to small/mid size cars, so the Raptor is easier to justify.

Now that the content is 80% global, we should see very strong aftermarket support, companies like Koni, H&R, Cosworth, et al. should have very strong product selection coming out soon. Also, with the content sharing, if/when performance versions of this gen are released in Europe, the parts should be adaptable.

"Hella Functional - Raced, Not Hard Parked"
Old 01-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #104
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
Why is everyone whining about the "lack" of a performance model? Since the beginning of time a so-called performance model is never introduced at the same time as the model is debuted. Don't worry people something will come, it will be turbo, will have at least 225hp, and will be called an ST or SVT. Read the articles, think intellegently, and stop WHINING. This car is the nicest thing to "come from" America since ever and to make it better, its our focus!

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 01-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #105
nepafocus03
Focus Addict

Fan#: 42021
FF Reputation: 1 nepafocus03 Good Standing Member
just had to add does anyone else feel let down now? im not bashing it im just saying that ive been waiting for months with no spy shots or anything and now that ive seen it its sort of like the day after christmas lol
Old 01-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #106
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
i feel let down quite a bit!! but like i said when i get a chance to see in person ill probably love it. so far... i feel a bit cheated. i was hoping for something ground breaking as far as exterior design
Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #107
_spyder
Focusless

Fan#: 56088
What I Drive: Turbo 1996 Montego Blue Miata

FF Reputation: 16 _spyder Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
So there is no 2 door coupe or 3 door hatch?
Old 01-11-2010, 10:37 AM   #108
apagios
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 40891
What I Drive: '03 ZX5 SVT, '05 Mazdaspeed Miata

FF Reputation: 3 apagios Good Standing Member
Jalopnik reported 235/40R19 tires. That width plus the revo knuckle from the RS, is prime for a SVT a year or 2 later, maybe 2013 or 2014. Ford is being smart and riding the the good media exposure to market. why would they release info on the new Focus and then in the same breathe say "Oh btw we are going to bring an RS equivalent to the US." I agree with Warneej that it will be a little while before we hear about an SVT/RS.

My main point was the 2L engine is supposed to be in the 150's hp and mid 140's torque. 235 width tires is way over kill for that, heck the SVTF is 170/145 and came stock with 215 width tires. The fact that they designed for 235 width tires/wheels bodes well for putting RS levels of power to the ground. Plus they got the Revknuckle proven in the RS, no reason not to bring that over as well.

I am a mazda fan as well (mazdaspeed miata), I love the MS3 as well, I have no issue with torque steer since it comes with the FWD territory, but the number 1 complaint from media reviews of the MS3 is torque steer. Ford has their new Focus primed to take the RS engine and out perform the MS3 and do it with less torque steer. Lets just be patient and drool all over the new focus for a while and go nuts later when the SVT details come out

Besides, I am about to put a new clutch & timing belt in my SVTF so I should be good to wait a couple years, if they came out with a new SVTF based on the RS in 2012 I would be sad about not being able to buy it yet
Old 01-11-2010, 10:40 AM   #109
Dean-16
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62602
What I Drive: 2004 Panther Black UK Edition

FF Reputation: 1 Dean-16 Good Standing Member
Does this mean there is no 3 door hatch version?

And id rather a proper ST version of this than an SVT.
And when i say St i mean Euro ST not USA ST.
Old 01-11-2010, 10:41 AM   #110
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by warneej View Post
Why is everyone whining about the "lack" of a performance model? Since the beginning of time a so-called performance model is never introduced at the same time as the model is debuted. Don't worry people something will come, it will be turbo, will have at least 225hp, and will be called an ST or SVT. Read the articles, think intellegently, and stop WHINING. This car is the nicest thing to "come from" America since ever and to make it better, its our focus!

Exactly.

Bookmarks & Social Networks