Official: Introducing Next Generation Ford Focus for 2012 - Page 8 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Third Generation > MK3 Focus

MK3 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the third generation 2012-Current Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 01-11-2010, 05:47 AM   #71
Shorty Long
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 68979
What I Drive: '12 Focus Titanium, Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 2 Shorty Long Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
This will be my next car...my first Focus.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 06:06 AM   #72
xxMichaelAnthony
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 58459
What I Drive: 2001 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 xxMichaelAnthony Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
No vertical taillight = fail That was what made them look so good. Not saying it looks bad cause it looks amazing. And that interior!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:08 AM   #73
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I'll take a 5 door hatch. Glad I'll get to stay in a Focus, hopefully they offer an eco-boost option, or I'll be calling Tom or FSWERKS...

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3
Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 AM   #74
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Not as bad as I thought it would be. The sedan is sharp, a lot more so than the hatch. But then again, I'm kind of tossed between the two. I already have visions of a drop kit and badass go fast parts.........mmmmm. I wonder if they will break out the SVT version, since they can build a useless truck, for sure they can wave the SVT wand on this. Especially a 3dr hatch version with 400 horse.......Yeah. The interior is sharp as well as the seats. But I will have to see one in person to really tell if I like it or not.
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM
Old 01-11-2010, 06:24 AM   #75
mmmoose
Bunneh Fanatic

Fan#: 39963
What I Drive: 2008 United Gray VW Rabbit

FF Reputation: 9 mmmoose Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Blah! No coupe version. It doesn't look terrible... but at the same time it doesn't look as good as I thought it would. It just sort of reminds me of a compact Taurus. I guess I was sort of hoping that they'd work off of the Mk I Focus design language. But at this point it's safe to assume that Ford has long since moved on from that aesthetic. The Fiesta is the closest we're ever going to get with the original ZX3.

There's just something about the styling of the 2011 Focus that is a little over the top. Too many random creases in the body, the obnoxious roof rack lines hugging the roof, the goofy triangular lower front grille holes, and the taillights that wrap around into the sides, etc. It just feels like the whole thing looks too busy. I guess I was sort of hoping it would look more like the Focus RS. It's an example of how things can be kept minimal, but at the same time very sexy. It has all the right curves and creases in the right places, without looking extremely busy or random. Oh well... I guess I'll be keeping a closer eye on the Fiesta, and hope Ford makes "sport" trims of those. But even then I'm a little disappointed at how much they're charging for a base hatchback model Fiesta. Sigh...

On a completely unrelated note, did anyone see the GMC Granite concept? I'm normally not a fan of boxy Scion xB style cars, but holy hell this thing looks gorgeous. I know a lot of Ford loyalists are going to flame me for this, and I myself have never been a GM supporter, but wow it looks pretty cool for what it is. Anyway I just figured I'd plug that in, if anyone might be interested in another fun looking small car/truck thingy.

EDIT: Agreed on the sedan trim looking better. There's just something about the hatchback model which bugs the hell out of me. And unfortunately I still want my next car to be a hatchback/coupe, which is why I'm so torn and heartbroken with the new look of the Focus.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:28 AM   #76
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
I'm amazed with the sedan profile. Very European flavor that should rock the small car market.

While the taillights work well on the sedan, it'll take sometime for me to get used to them on the hatch.
Old 01-11-2010, 06:30 AM   #77
Peregrine
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing MemberPeregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Can you say "mini-Taurus"?

Yes please!
Old 01-11-2010, 06:32 AM   #78
Missourileo
Captain Retard

Fan#: 55980
What I Drive: 2002 Black SVT ZX3,93 SVT Lightning

FF Reputation: 20 Missourileo Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
Bring on the SVT version............
Midwest crew #36
Hatch Nation#50
January 2010 ROTM
Old 01-11-2010, 06:35 AM   #79
warneej
BodyKits=PantiesDrop

Fan#: 20372
What I Drive: 04 ZX3 D23E-10SES Sedan-12 Ti Hatch

FF Reputation: 200 warneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Memberwarneej Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
I think the car looks so amazingly grown up and quality. This will be my next car for sure.

After seeing this pics last night I could barely sleep

(and you repeatedly tap A or Z to do a barrel roll )

173.4whp
gump
crew #6
Old 01-11-2010, 06:39 AM   #80
kylesvt720
NeedsMoarEverything

Fan#: 51359
What I Drive: 2006 Saabaru "The Unicorn"

FF Reputation: 16 kylesvt720 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Well I'm sold, where do I sign up? Oh yeah, FORD.COM...

ST CREW #107 / TEAM DURATEC #93 / D23 Crew #3

Bookmarks & Social Networks