Window Regulator Replacement Guide - Page 3 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > General Technical Chat

General Technical Chat This section is for technical discussions relating to general maintenance, electrical issues, engine trouble, and recalls.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-26-2009, 06:09 PM   #21
disciplerocks
Pushrods

Fan#: 59330
What I Drive: 04 ZX3, 12 Hatch

FF Reputation: 13 disciplerocks Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I have a question. The regulators for ZX3 is not the same as the sedan is it? I need a drivers side one and I am keeping an eye on the scrapyard. ZX3's are rare around here.
FocusXtreme - Hatch Nation #96
04 ZX3 5.0, T5, 4 lug 7.5 w/ 3.73s [3/13 ROTM] ["Best Non-SVT" FITF '12]
12 SE Hatch Sport & Winter Package, ST Front End
91 Ranger XLT 3/4 drop
89 Bronco II XLT Well the body is still stock, what's left of it
97 Mountaineer 5.0, AWD, 3.73s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-03-2010, 09:38 AM   #22
Contriver
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 47387
What I Drive: 2000 Dodge Stratus

FF Reputation: 1 Contriver Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I recently changed out the rear passenger door's power window regulator on a 2000 SE sedan. Is there a trick to getting the spacer back in? I was only able to get it to go in about 60% of the way. What I did was I reached my hand inside the door and first pushed the sleeve through (the sleeve went in without a problem), then I put the center-pin in and pushed on it. But I could only get it to go in about 60% of the way. Is there a trick to this or a special tool perhaps? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
Old 04-07-2010, 04:34 AM   #23
merkranger
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 66415
What I Drive: 2000 light saphire blue metallic se

FF Reputation: 1 merkranger Good Standing Member
I'll be doing this soon, won't go up but pulls down...

As for the two piece pin, my shop manual says for the rear Windows you put the pin in the glass-center, then lower to guide, and gently Tao glass too seat..., let know id works...

As for cross fit, I think the ZX3 is probably different, but all first and second gen should cross relative to door position, I believe all ZX5, sedan, wagons use same doors....
Old 10-01-2010, 04:22 PM   #24
hockeyguyinoc
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 79108
What I Drive: 2001 Metalic Blue ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 hockeyguyinoc Good Standing Member
The link no longer works. I know it is pretty simple but would love to see the PDF if you still have it. I have to attempt this repair soon.
Old 10-08-2010, 11:59 AM   #25
Mrw726
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 71805
What I Drive: 2003 Black ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 Mrw726 Good Standing Member
Does anyone happen to have this guide around? I am doing this fox over the weekend. Thanks!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:49 PM   #26
Captain Planet
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 49317
What I Drive: Blue 2001 SE

FF Reputation: 1 Captain Planet Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contriver View Post
I recently changed out the rear passenger door's power window regulator on a 2000 SE sedan. Is there a trick to getting the spacer back in? I was only able to get it to go in about 60% of the way. What I did was I reached my hand inside the door and first pushed the sleeve through (the sleeve went in without a problem), then I put the center-pin in and pushed on it. But I could only get it to go in about 60% of the way. Is there a trick to this or a special tool perhaps? Does anyone have any experience with this? Thanks!
I don't recall this being that difficult. I did mine 2 years ago. I remember the pin. I think I put it in with a small screwdriver to get it started then pushed it in the rest of the way.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:19 PM   #27
hoggerdon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83023
What I Drive: 2001 green wagon se

FF Reputation: 1 hoggerdon Good Standing Member
Hoping I have reached the right forum for this. My 2001 se wagon's rear pass. power
window broke something inside. I can't figure how to release the glass from the transit on the power unit. Looks like maybe a job for a special tool but impossible to see exactly how to release the plastic pin that goes thru the glass. The cable came off the guides and something near the top of the unit appears bent. Apparently easy enuf to remove the whole power unit if you can release the glass. Gotta get it out to inspect before looking for parts! I did find a small piece of plastic inside the door that looks like it broke off the bracket that guides the part that holds the glass. Meanwhile have a small clamp applied to hold the window up. Any way to get some kind of a pictorial guide?
Old 02-04-2011, 12:38 AM   #28
hoggerdon
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 83023
What I Drive: 2001 green wagon se

FF Reputation: 1 hoggerdon Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by danovotny View Post
Hello! First off, I want to thank everyone for giving me the confidence to perform this task. I had initially thought the window regulator would be too hard to replace. After reading several posts, most stated that it was very easy to do. I decided to follow the various descriptions and instruction to successfully install the new regulator. Several posts had requested pictures and a guide for the job. I decided to document the process and make a PDF for it. Hopefully others will find this guide useful and give them the confidence to save some money and gain a greater appreciation for the inner workings of their car. Any feedback and comments are welcome. Thanks again!

PDF Download
that pdf download is gone...........any help?
Old 04-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #29
biggeezer2000
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 84783
What I Drive: 2001 silver focus wagon

FF Reputation: 1 biggeezer2000 Good Standing Member
Hi all I got a 2001 focus wagon driver side window makes clicking noise going up and down rear drivers window wont go up or down but motor works i tried pdf download above only get error
Old 06-11-2011, 11:46 AM   #30
danovotny
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 58998
What I Drive: N/A

FF Reputation: 7 danovotny Good Standing Member
Since I can't edit my original post anymore, here is an updated link to the PDF.

PDF DOWNLOAD

Bookmarks & Social Networks