Gonnna rallye this weekend! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Road Racing & Rally

Road Racing & Rally The place to discuss information about road/rally racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-17-2004, 01:23 PM   #1
WinnipegZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3051
What I Drive: Your Mom!

FF Reputation: 1 WinnipegZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Gonnna rallye this weekend!

Well, pops and I are ready for what will probably be our last rallye of the season here. Just getting the civic all tuned up and ready to roll. God I love 88's!

We are looking to do a little better than last time in our standings. (lol, we finished 16th out of 22 drivers in our class last time!) We have made some improvements, such as replacing the factory glass with lightweight replacements, and as well added a short throw shifter that reduces throw, but is actually a bit taller so I don't have to move my arms as much and can concentrate on my driving a bit more! (We were in 6th at one point last time, but I lost concentration while shifting and drifted into a ditch, which cost us some serious time). Anyway, this course is a little easier than last time, and we are looking to finish at least 10th out of the 30 cars that will be entered in this event. With any luck, and assuming dad doesn't drop his notes so I don't go 80 into a hairpin corner, we should look to kick some @$$!

I just wanted to ask your opinions on one thing. I drew up a design for a rally like vinyl, and was wondering what you thought. I would have to get it today or Saturday for it to be done by Sunday, so I just wanted some quick thoughts.

Anywhoo, I'll report back later with some pics and how we did!

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-17-2004, 06:17 PM   #2
focus mike
Banned

Fan#: 953
What I Drive: 2002 zx3 BAN MC DONALDS

FF Reputation: 1 focus mike Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
um a civic isnt gonna be best choice for a true rally car...i know they made awd versions a while back but why dont you get a wrx or a evo those are outstanding for rally. i would go evo they are better than wrx.

good luck and have fun nothing like a road racing! its the most fun you can have driving a car.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:40 PM   #3
crazy_urn
Capt. Urn

Fan#: 1986
What I Drive: 77 F-250, 10 HHR, 08 Outlook

FF Reputation: 5 crazy_urn Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
have fun with the rally, and dont listen to mikey... his idea of "rally" consists of a case of beer and a BMX...

lol.

i would vote no on the decal, but its your car not mine.
Old 09-17-2004, 06:49 PM   #4
bowersdaazian
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2963
What I Drive: '04 2.3 ZX3 ; FSW/JCM PWSC SVT

FF Reputation: 8 bowersdaazian Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
Sounds like fun. Civics are cool, but you should have "rallied" the Talon out to enter in the 4WD rally class. Yeah post some pics, im eager to see what your civic looks like. Good luck!

"Jam Harder, Penetrate Deeper, Dispense Longer"
and
"In God we Trust, All Others we Monitor, Jam or Deceive"
Old 09-18-2004, 03:18 AM   #5
WinnipegZX3
Focus Enthusiast

yeah, I would love to have a WRX to rallye. How ever, it only cost us 4 grand to build our rallye civic, including the price of the car. And as far is it not performing, it kicks butt! I was going to do the talon at one point, but it does have a serious weight disadvantage, as well as its unfortunate habit of breaking every part I put in. But yeah, I'll post picks when they're up, we are going to rock the party!
Old 09-18-2004, 06:18 PM   #6
blackzx3_13
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2645
What I Drive: 2003 black ZX3 MTX

FF Reputation: 1 blackzx3_13 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Good luck, I have always wanted to try rallying. I also like the vinyl for the rally car. For a race car its good, simple, clean, but nice.
Old 09-19-2004, 01:11 PM   #7
bacc231
Focus Addict

Fan#: 1511
What I Drive: 01 lx flat black

FF Reputation: 1 bacc231 Good Standing Member
[QUOTE]Originally posted by WinnipegZX3
[B] I was going to do the talon at one point, but it does have a serious weight disadvantage, as well as its unfortunate habit of breaking every part I put in.

Yea DSMs do that alot, what all do u have done to your tsi?
Old 09-19-2004, 10:36 PM   #8
WinnipegZX3
Focus Enthusiast

Hey, just got back

Crashed after the second stage on the wet roads. Looked like the rain was going to hold off but it started and it was a totally wrong tire selection. There was no really big damage, except that a sharp rock from underneath did some damage to the rad, so it started leaking, which totally sunk our day. I did pull one huge jump though that made me shit my pants, so that was the definate highlight. My dad nearly had a heart attack! We took some pics of the car before the event, so when dad gets them developed, I will try to get someone to scan them in and post them up soon for all of you rallye lovers.

Bacc231: currently I have the following mods to my talon:
Stage 2 clutch, big 16g turbo, ported 02 sensor and exhaust manifold, 3" exhaust from the turbo, front mount intercooler front Mach V, upgraded injectors, apexi boost controler (currently running about 16 psi) Ported and polished head, crower rods, forged pistons...thats all I can remeber now, oh! one more, apc shift knob!

I can't remember if anyone asked about the civic mods so I'll just post them:
b16 w type r header
eibach sportline suspension
sparco torino bucket seats
flexlite plexiglass windows
custom rollcage
STS
cool silver paint job that I did in my garage
DC shoes sticker on the back window

Bookmarks & Social Networks