How-To: 2008 - 2011 Halo Projectors Light Installation - Page 7 - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > MK2 Focus

MK2 Focus The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the second generation 2008-2011 Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 11-07-2009, 09:23 AM   #61
RaNd0b
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 64181
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue Focus

FF Reputation: 1 RaNd0b Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i wouldnt go the hid route anyhows great how-to arasky one last question the oem headlamps they have the dot code inscripted on the bottom of the lenses do the ccfl halo headlamps also have a dot code or no? i didnt see one in the close up pics just verifying
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2010, 01:59 AM   #62
rhgop08
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 59315
What I Drive: Black Number 1

FF Reputation: 1 rhgop08 Good Standing Member
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by arasky View Post
if you want to get HIDs, you need an h13 harness and a h9 bulb, i just realized that the hard way. if you already bought a h9 kit, just go buy a h13 hid harness online. you dont need the one with the relay or fuse or anything. if that doesnt make sense i can be a little more specific.

Could u please clarify? Thanks a lot.
Old 02-01-2010, 10:23 PM   #63
arasky
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 54776
What I Drive: 08 Vista Blue SES Sedan

FF Reputation: 7 arasky Good Standing Member
h9 hid bulb-> h13 harness-> headlamp.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:32 AM   #64
Motor City Madman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 67832
What I Drive: 2009 silver SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Motor City Madman Good Standing Member
Quote:
...The bolts on the headlight are 13/32 hexheads, so you'll need that size socket...
They're actually 10mm.

Quote:
...You will then need to grab the new headlamps and find the red tab coming out of the back.

If you take a closer look at it, it has two metal "things" on the left hand side of the tab.

You need to make the metal "things" be on the right side, like this

The easiest way to do this is to first use your nail to move it "flip" it over to the opposite side. Once you get it on the right side, use some pliers to push it flat to the tab (like in above picture), so it looks like it came that way. Then, plug that into the sidemarker adapter you removed earlier, like this

It may be hard to get in at first, so you might need to make the metal "thing" lay more flat, but it will go in there. I received a picture of this with my kit, but it was a little bit different.
A side note on this step. On the little red plug that you flip the wires over to the opposide side, it will plug in to the side marker light socket two ways. One way, only the halos will work, not the leds. If the leds aren't working, turn it 180 degrees and try again. I found this out the hard way. plugged one headlight in and the leds didn't work. Plugged the other one in and everything worked. Thought I was gonna have to ship one light back. Then found on the "instruction sheet", that is mostly Chinese, some half-assed explanation of having some wires the "right way". Tried the "bad light" again and it worked.
Old 02-12-2010, 07:56 AM   #65
Motor City Madman
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 67832
What I Drive: 2009 silver SE Coupe

FF Reputation: 1 Motor City Madman Good Standing Member
Quote:
h9 hid bulb-> h13 harness-> headlamp.
After having been able to see the lights myself, why couldn't you use the h9 harness on the actual light, under the big rubber cover. You would unplug the bulb from it's connector and put the h9 harness between that connector and the HID bulb. By using the h13 harness on the h13 plug on the headlight, you're, essentially, disabling the high beam shutter because h13 HID harness has no means to activate the high beam on the new headlight. Just a thought.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #66
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 68588
What I Drive: 2008 Focus

FF Reputation: 7 JustHereFTM Good Standing Member
all you need to know is that the black wire from the halo/led's need to go to teh black wire w/ color stripe on the parking lamp socket and the blue wire from the halo/led's goes to the purple wire w/color strip on the parking lamps.

also mine dont flash when i lock the car either but im cool with that.
Old 02-13-2010, 02:26 PM   #67
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaNd0b View Post
i wouldnt go the hid route anyhows great how-to arasky one last question the oem headlamps they have the dot code inscripted on the bottom of the lenses do the ccfl halo headlamps also have a dot code or no? i didnt see one in the close up pics just verifying
these headlamps are DOT approved :D
Old 02-14-2010, 08:17 AM   #68
slowduratec
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59069
What I Drive: 2006 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 slowduratec Great Standing Member
Your projectors are bi xenon already so no need for all the h13 stuff. Your highs are probably now connected to your cut-off shield there's is a solenoid that bring your shield down

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...side20of20.jpg
That solenoid will pull your shield down causing it to be your brights. So all you need is the h9 kit
Team Duratec #236
Old 02-15-2010, 02:16 AM   #69
JustHereFTM
Focus Fanatic

wow, you can see the little cut off that makes the "Z" pattern on the wall in that sheild. thats crazy how that 1mm difference makes that huge difference :)
Old 02-15-2010, 12:04 PM   #70
slowduratec
Focus Addict

Fan#: 59069
What I Drive: 2006 Toreador Red ZX3

FF Reputation: 10 slowduratec Great Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by slowduratec View Post
Your projectors are bi xenon already so no need for all the h13 stuff. Your highs are probably now connected to your cut-off shield there's is a solenoid that bring your shield down

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/h...side20of20.jpg
That solenoid will pull your shield down causing it to be your brights. So all you need is the h9 kit
Im sorry i forgot your OEM lights were h13, so yea you may need the h13 kit or hard wire the solenoid to the brights???
Team Duratec #236

Bookmarks & Social Networks