saturn,hahahaha - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-15-2004, 10:29 AM   #41
Red97sc2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 5582
FF Reputation: 1 Red97sc2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by SVTJerbo
what kinda eclipse? rs? not trying to bash you or anything but thats a pretty tall claim,you just said agood driver can hit high 15's so ill give you the benefit and say youre a good driver, with your intake/exhaust what low 15's now? maybe mids if you only have a catback, any boosted eclipse wouldnt have a problem with you stock let alone a shot and a gs with a shot probably shouldnt either with your 2 mods you cant be taking out anything amazing granted maybe this was a driver error race or something else, but please in the future explain better
No problem. I had seen this ugly ass orange riced out eclipse rs in town thinking he was the absolute shit. He had the complete ricer bodykit, wing, and even a fire extiinguisher mounted to the pillar on the passenger side front window. I see him one night while I was in a parking lot and ask him kind of jokingly what he had done to it. He replied with nitrous, i/h/e. I was like, Oh...shit. At first I was like, "Do you want to run me without the nitrous. He said that was fine, and we went out of town and lined them up.

It was absolutely disgusting on the first run. I got the jump of my life off a green light going on to the outer highway and proceeded to pull about 6+ cars to 80. I let off and went back to a parking lot.

He then got out of his car without saying a word, popped his trunk and opened his nitrous bottle. I asked him what he was running and he said zex 55 shot. We get back up to the light and wait for green. I think I'm going to get annialated so I knew I had to get a good start to even stay with him.

I revved to about 2500 rpm and dumped the clutch. With the traction I had then with some new tires, it was the perfect start with minimal wheel spin and straight acceleration. I pulled an immediate car length through the first 60 ft. It stayed this way up until 85 when we shut it down. If we had kept going I think he would have taken me. I couldn't see to well, but I think he was pulling ever so slightly on me the entire race, with his nose at my rear door towards the end.

We got back to the parking lot where I popped my hood to show him what little I had, intake. He then went on to say that he had no idea these thing were that fast. I asked him what he had beaten with his car and he told me 1st gen gsx and some others. I guess the driver really does make the car. If properly driven, I have a feeling that car was faster than mine.
But, the faster car doesn't always win the race now does it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2004, 10:40 AM   #42
Red97sc2
Focus Rookie

double post

Last edited by Red97sc2; 09-15-2004 at 10:50 AM.
Old 09-15-2004, 10:59 AM   #43
CKA
*~*

Fan#: 2313
What I Drive: '02 ZTS/'99 Explorer/'13 Fusion

FF Reputation: 74 CKA Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (24)
Oooooooooooooookay, GREAT JOB GIRLIE!!!!!

Wow, long thread full of nonsense, anyway Good job, good way 2 show him.
Old 09-15-2004, 09:52 PM   #44
robbob
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1346
What I Drive: 02 SE w/Zetec

FF Reputation: 1 robbob Good Standing Member
I really don't have anything against Saturns. That being said, is it me, or does something just not look right with these cars? I passed a mid-sized one the other day, and I could'nt put my finger on it, but there was something off about it.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:20 AM   #45
Red97sc2
Focus Rookie

I don't even like the look of my car much less those god awful L series. It's just transportation that will get me through college. I haven't had a race in at least 5 months or more. Hopefully I'll be stepping up to the whine of a grand prix gtp closer to graduation.
Old 09-17-2004, 12:51 PM   #46
racerdan
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 10484
What I Drive: 04 Silver SVT 858 of 1978 Born Ja

FF Reputation: 1 racerdan Good Standing Member
Better be on the lookout for the new ION - 200+hp

And the guy whos stuffing the Porsche motor in the whatever....tell him to talk to an engineer before he tackles that job.

You ain't old enough to have that much to bitch about!!!
Old 09-19-2004, 12:29 AM   #47
FocusZX3Hatchback
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4986
What I Drive: 2004 Black Ford Ranger Edge Regular Cab 4x2

FF Reputation: 1 FocusZX3Hatchback Good Standing Member
wow man some saturn drivers are idioits (sp?) lol
SVT Focus 3 door assembly SVT #978 build of 1978
day that i got my car 3-26-04
^^Sold!!
<font face="Verdana" size=4>Hey, %n! Check me out on <a href="http://www.myspace.com/EricRobinson" target="_blank">MySpace!</a></font>

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->