Sad day for this bird.... - Page 11 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 10:18 AM   #101
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45538
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tpivette View Post
if 2.3L Focus's run mid - low 15s then they will beat stock or near stock LG4s/L03s. however, its going to take more than the OPs 10.6 at 56mph to beat one
Again this was a last minute thing for me going up to the track that night... I didn't plan ahead that I was going to go... I left after work with a bunch of reptile supplies in my trunk and met up with my boy who rode with me down the track... So between him, full tank of gas & trunk full of garbage That will hurt my time majorly...

I really couldn't get traction for shat either which is going to severely effect my time and 60ft... Like Cayse said... there are a bunch of ST's with the same mod or so running much faster... So another trip to the track (or better track) is definitely due...

When I raced my friend in the LT1... My car was completely clean... no garbage in the trunk and I was only running with a 1/4-1/8 tank of gas, and I was by myself so my car was much lighter as well and it wasn't near the slaughtering that I gave to the 305 firebird at the track... I only had him by about 3/4's of a car length but this was probably the equivilant to an 1/8 mile run...

Either way... It was a really good time and I can't wait to go back and race some more! I do need to start doing more mods though because it's really pathetic rocking only the intake... LOL

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #102
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlbbaseball View Post
just now saw that vid for the first time!!! that was awesome!! lol
THanks!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:21 AM   #103
theheat
I Nom Cones

Fan#: 59123
What I Drive: 2008 Vermillion Red S Coupe

FF Reputation: 3 theheat Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
haha, that wasn't just "awesome"...that was "SEX"!!!!!

Old 10-02-2009, 10:46 AM   #104
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 69410
What I Drive: just an old chevy

FF Reputation: 1 tpivette Good Standing Member
again, im not trying to say you didnt beat that firebird...

but if the car was a 305, you just shouldnt have pulled on him like you did. if you had ran a sub 10sec 1/8, maybe, but it was a mid 10 sec 1/8 at 56mph. thats really slow. my stock 305 camaro ran 68mph in the 1/8 and posted a 10.2 E/T. again, the car you ran, if it had even the base 305, had 20 more hp than mine. a 10.6 car just wouldnt put 4+ lengths on a TBI 305

i know you said it was a V8 cause you heard his exhaust, but honestly, the 305s had a pathetic exhaust note (even with catbacks) that could easily be confused for a V6. just food for thought, take a listen to this sound clip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyI414NxpYo. most people wouldnt think that was a V6... but it is. very lopey and deep sounding exhaust right there

the fact that he refused to pop his hood also leads me to believe he didnt want to be caught in his lie. unless that 305 was completely clapped out, which it probably wasnt cause you said it sounded nice, i just cant see a 10.6 focus putting that much distance on a car that should run almost the same E/T and mph as you

maybe ill take my DD 86' V6 firebird down to the track soon and try to line up with a stocker focus. ill film him pulling away from me and compare it to your video. id bet theyd be similar. but until then i guess well have to agree to disagree...

i really dont know what to say about the LT1... those are low 14/high 13 sec cars and trap around 100mph bone stock. i dont know how a focus, even on its assumed best case scenario run of low 15s, could beat one of those cars. thats a huge gap in the performance of the two vehicles... it should have put buslengths on you from any speed. your races have me scratching my head...

Old 10-02-2009, 10:50 AM   #105
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

oh, and anyone whos actually HAD sex would never compare it to racing! its not even close

Old 10-02-2009, 11:00 AM   #106
gonefhsn
BEWST AGAIN YAY!!!!!

Fan#: 45759
What I Drive: 13 Tangerine Scream ST2,12 RAM 2500

FF Reputation: 21 gonefhsn Great Standing Member
Just saw your vid, nice win!!!!

Quote:
i dont know how a focus, even on its assumed best case scenario run of low 15s,
A focus ST with CAI, Header, Exhaust and a 91 octane tune can run a 15.3 in the 1/4 at 90 mph....I have done it.

FFMODERATOR

Old 10-02-2009, 11:09 AM   #107
tpivette
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefhsn View Post
A focus ST with CAI, Header, Exhaust and a 91 octane tune can run a 15.3 in the 1/4 at 90 mph....I have done it.
i never said it couldnt be done... guess i wasnt very clear... what i meant was best case scenario for a bone stock car with a 1/4 tank of gas and no crap in the vehicle to weigh it down... plus intake in the case of the OP, would be low 15s

Old 10-02-2009, 12:13 PM   #108
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
oh, and anyone whos actually HAD sex would never compare it to racing! its not even close
It's just a phrase... for something that is very enjoyable...

As for actually HAVING done it... I've had my share and my girl keeps me very happy and satisfied in my current relationship... And She even loves to give me that becky!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:23 PM   #109
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Either way!

I'll get some more vids and times posted the next time I head out to the track... I'll have my buddy in the LT1 come out with his car... and I'll see... Even after I whooped his ace... I'll see if my friend that knows the guy with the firebird can bring it out... (not to race) but just so that I can take a pic of his engine so that I can show to everybody that I beat a dog piss slow 305 and that it wasn't a v6...

that way we can all think of other reasons as to why those races shouldn't have ended the way they will even though I will have pics and video to prove!

Sound good?

Until then... I appreciate all the "nice Kill" comments and the thanks for sharing... Of course this was only my first time at the track so I hope to share more kills in the future especially as I mod my car more... So it's "not so stock" anymore!

Of course it was really fun! and also very addicting since I can't wait for another one of these events to come up at the track!

Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 PM   #110
BigRed03
( o Y o )

Fan#: 32177
What I Drive: 2003 CD Silver ZX5 SVT

FF Reputation: 9 BigRed03 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Lets get these camaro boys off of the 1320 and on a auto-x course

Closed Thread

Bookmarks & Social Networks