Sad day for this bird.... - Page 5 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Drag Racing

Drag Racing The place to discuss information about drag racing stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 01:07 PM   #41
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Fan#: 68054
What I Drive: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 7 Malibooya Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Most of the old GM blocks are crap like that. Up until the last two years, ALL of their V6 and V8 engines (sans Vette) have been archaic pieces of garbage. Example: My father owned an '89 Celebrity. 2.7L V6. My sister has a 2000 Malibu. 3.1L V6. Same basic motor. We also have an '02 Impy, 3.4L V6. Same motor again. I have a 2004 Malibu, 3.5L V6. You guessed it.

In 1989, that SOHC made about 150HP. It makes 200 in my car, still a dino. The Maxima of that year was pumping out 40 more horses.

Only recently has GM made a good V6 - the DI, 300HP one you find in the Camaro RS.

Not taking away from your kill man, just hating on how GM has made garbage since the 80s. Your ST is pretty sweet, and rather quick for what it is. :)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-29-2009, 01:40 PM   #42
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45538
What I Drive: 02' Mustang GT Premium Convertible

FF Reputation: 13 DJslurp1200 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeweracapMAN View Post
Focus ftw!!!!!!!!!!!
what mods do u have?
All I have done to my car is a Steeda SRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMustFOCUS! View Post
In 1989, that SOHC made about 150HP. It makes 200 in my car, still a dino.

Not taking away from your kill man, just hating on how GM has made garbage since the 80s. Your ST is pretty sweet, and rather quick for what it is. :)

Ya they were weak in hp but still 240 ft. lb's of torque which should make that car move a little bit faster than it did... after researching those cars quite a bit they definitely weren't rocket ships... And your not taking anything away from my kill at all... I didn't even want to race the guy!

I wanted to race a V-tak! LOL!

But he was so insistant and I'm sorry but when you have 2 girls with you and your bragging about your car and how great it is... and I'm only driving a Focus with just an intake... I can't refuse the oppurtunity!!

Hell I almost felt bad accepting his offer knowing I was about to crush his ego in front of 2 cute girls..................................... in a focus lol

nothing will take away the picture in my mind of him doing this after the race...

Old 09-29-2009, 01:42 PM   #43
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaysE View Post
Lots of truth... I know, I owned three of them! LOL
Sorry to go off topic but sick build with your SVT man!

Old 09-29-2009, 02:30 PM   #44
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJslurp1200 View Post
All I have done to my car is a Steeda SRI

Ya they were weak in hp but still 240 ft. lb's of torque which should make that car move a little bit faster than it did... after researching those cars quite a bit they definitely weren't rocket ships... And your not taking anything away from my kill at all... I didn't even want to race the guy!

I wanted to race a V-tak! LOL!

But he was so insistant and I'm sorry but when you have 2 girls with you and your bragging about your car and how great it is... and I'm only driving a Focus with just an intake... I can't refuse the oppurtunity!!

Hell I almost felt bad accepting his offer knowing I was about to crush his ego in front of 2 cute girls..................................... in a focus lol

nothing will take away the picture in my mind of him doing this after the race...
If you wanna race a NA V-TAK, I know the perfect guy. But you're a bit far away. 190HP/185TQ to the wheels, it's an EK coupe. 2400lb. curb weight...fastest FWD I've ever driven. And honestly, that's the limit of power I'd want in a FWD car, anyway.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:09 PM   #45
Phacade
Chronic Curmudgeon

Fan#: 32246
What I Drive: '03 EAP SVTF

FF Reputation: 11 Phacade Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
LOL! Now thats sweet, particularly after all his trash talk. Excellant job!

Old 09-29-2009, 04:58 PM   #46
Fattie
Focus Addict

Fan#: 46016
What I Drive: 6 Duratec Focus

FF Reputation: 5 Fattie Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
Quote:
Nice! I hate those F'ing cars!

When I lived in Maine it was them and saab's that all the kids loved... get you a a cavi, rice it out to the extreme and hangout at the dunkin donuts on main street in bangor on friday nights and you were the man! LOL!

they still hang out at DD's lol except now all the kids have riced out hondas and neons.

3 04 zx4's
2 05 zx3's
1 03 zx3

Old 09-29-2009, 05:22 PM   #47
DJslurp1200
Focus Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by YouMustFOCUS! View Post
If you wanna race a NA V-TAK, I know the perfect guy. But you're a bit far away. 190HP/185TQ to the wheels, it's an EK coupe. 2400lb. curb weight...fastest FWD I've ever driven. And honestly, that's the limit of power I'd want in a FWD car, anyway.
190whp I can believe... Those Vtec's can crank out hp...But 185ft.lb's of torque is a bit much for an NA 4cyl vtec... I would need to see a Dyno to believe with 190whp he is putting down as much as 185ft.lb's of torque to the wheels... That's the kinda torque difference you would see with a turbocharged motor...

I'm sure he would probably take me easily if he's putting down 190whp...especially as light as he is...Keep in mind The only mod I'm only running is an Intake LOL... But I'd still race him though! If I lost I lost to a gutted Built NA Vtak... SO what!

But if I won it would be an embarrassment to all VTAKS hahaahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phacade View Post
LOL! Now thats sweet, particularly after all his trash talk. Excellant job!
Ya his trash talk was what made the whole the so much more enjoyable... before, during & after...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fattie View Post
they still hang out at DD's lol except now all the kids have riced out hondas and neons.
LOL... Ya that's what I though... DD's was the ricer hangout back when I was there... Hondas, Neon's and Caviliers... Never in my life did I ever see so many cavi's than in Bangor LOL

Old 09-29-2009, 09:09 PM   #48
Malibooya
Quarter Tank Racer

Quote:
190whp I can believe... Those Vtec's can crank out hp...But 185ft.lb's of torque is a bit much for an NA 4cyl vtec... I would need to see a Dyno to believe with 190whp he is putting down as much as 185ft.lb's of torque to the wheels... That's the kinda torque difference you would see with a turbocharged motor...

I'm sure he would probably take me easily if he's putting down 190whp...especially as light as he is...Keep in mind The only mod I'm only running is an Intake LOL... But I'd still race him though! If I lost I lost to a gutted Built NA Vtak... SO what!

But if I won it would be an embarrassment to all VTAKS hahaahaha
I dunno much about Hondas, but I remember it's a Frankenstein engine. I think a B20 block with B18 heads? I think the B18 was the CRV motor, which would explain the TQ I guess. But there's a lot more going on in the motor that just that. I haven't been able to take a detailed looks, to be honest with you. I have seen him chirp third though, which is hilarious...friggin' Civic.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:16 AM   #49
TheDarkness03
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 67488
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue ST2

FF Reputation: 1 TheDarkness03 Good Standing Member
i can't really tell what gen that bird was...but im guessing a 3rd gen because all those motors were a disgrace to V8's, and you wouldn't have put the hurt on an LT1...but nice kill nonetheless

2003 Screaming Yellow SVTF (EAP) - SOLD
2003 Dark Shadow Grey SVT COBRA - SOLD

Old 09-30-2009, 07:12 AM   #50
Roushturboedzx3
I Fab Too Much

Fan#: 42814
What I Drive: 2002 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 20 Roushturboedzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (18)
Lol ^^^ LT1 are still dogs

And Dj when did you go i wouldnt of went with you but nice kill
I may not be the baddest, but the baddest dont Fu** with me