Cocky Pontiac Fiero - Page 2 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Racing Discussions > Autocross Racing

Autocross Racing The place to discuss information about autocross stats, tips and events. Track sanctioned events only.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 09-09-2004, 03:25 PM   #11
FocusMang
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11488
What I Drive: 2000 Black, Built, Turbo ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 FocusMang Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
Ive owned 2 Pontiac Fieros in my day and I can honestly say they were much quicker then the ZX3, handled better and overall a great autocross car (yes even the 4bangers)

HOWEVER

No fiero has PS (unless its done custom) and its made more difficult to turn. They LOVE to break down a lot as well. And NO.....They ALL dont catch on fire.

New Mexicos First ZX3 to burn a SRT-4 on the night of 3/16/05
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-10-2004, 08:03 PM   #12
KoRnGtL15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4258
What I Drive: 05 Mazda 3i

FF Reputation: 1 KoRnGtL15 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally posted by focus mike
it depends on if you can drive your car.

you might be up there with losing to a prius bwahaaaaaa
My belt was rubbing really bad. I had a bdr udp on. Put the stock back on. With a new belt. And no more slow revs. I also wanted my cold ac again. Living in cali. It sucks w/out it. So, Not trying to make an excuse or anything. It sure is night and day with it being fixed now. It moves now... Before it didnt want to do anything... And well. Thats when, I got owned by that prius......
Old 09-12-2004, 01:58 AM   #13
tunedfocuzx3
That Iowa Guy

Fan#: 11992
What I Drive: 02 Sonic Blue Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 13 tunedfocuzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
dude its an obvious excuse...just live with it. u lost to a prius hahahhaha
2002 Focus SVT #3533 - JRSC w/BBK

"Zombie kill of the week?"
Old 09-12-2004, 02:55 AM   #14
03Z_ex_Three
Focus Addict

Fan#: 45
What I Drive: Liquid Grey 03 ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 03Z_ex_Three Good Standing Member
I got a fiero for you to race. Its got a 350 in it, with racing suspension and z rated tires. Just drive here and I'm pretty sure the guy would take you up on the offer.
Old 09-12-2004, 12:23 PM   #15
KoRnGtL15
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 4258
What I Drive: 05 Mazda 3i

FF Reputation: 1 KoRnGtL15 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by tunedfocuzx3
dude its an obvious excuse...just live with it. u lost to a prius hahahhaha
Blah. I knew someone was gonna say something like that hehe.... But, seriously it isnt an excuse... My car really was handicap..... I even posted a response in the prius thread.... I had this problem before, I even raced that pos thing LoL Ok...... Im not gonna respond anymore to this prius deal... Yall are never gonna let me live that one down anyways......
Old 09-12-2004, 08:21 PM   #16
Dangerous-Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2695
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Gray ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Dangerous-Focus Good Standing Member
Performance
Top Speed 165.8 kph / 103.0 mph
0 - 60 mph 11.6 seconds
0 - mile 18.2 seconds
0 - 100 mph Not Available
Lateral Acceleration 0.812g
EPA City/Hwy Not Available

15.8@87.17
http://www.savageddr.com/valeforknights/avatar.gif
Old 09-12-2004, 08:25 PM   #17
2fast4u
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2375
What I Drive: ZX-3 gone, now 05 Mustang GT

FF Reputation: 1 2fast4u Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
just do it,,,,,
Old 09-12-2004, 09:14 PM   #18
badqat
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 11896
What I Drive: '03 Infra-Red SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 badqat Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by FocusMang
Ive owned 2 Pontiac Fieros in my day and I can honestly say they were much quicker then the ZX3, handled better and overall a great autocross car (yes even the 4bangers).
Original poster has an SVT, not a garden variety ZX3. And the stock ZX3 is much, much quicker than the four banger Fiero. V6 versions, however, offer close to the acceleration of the SVT, and most, but not all, are a little faster than the ZX3.

The original model introduced in 1984 was based on, of all things to use for your mid-engine "supercar"*, the same platform as the Pontiac T1000 and Chevrolet Chevette, as well as various pieces from the Chevrolet Citation - the infamous X11 platform. In fact, many of the underlying parts for the Fiero were sourced directly from the Chevette program.

Most enthusiasts considered the 1984 Fiero a joke - in terms of both straight line ability and in the handling department. For it's time, it was a looker, but that's about all you can say. It was, in 1984, as revolutionary in terms of styling as the original Taurus was in 1986.

The 1985 addition of a V6 helped matters. The first "good" Fiero was the 1986.5 GT, and the "best" was the last model year, 1988, at least in terms of handling.

The absolute "best" handling for a stock Fiero was roadholding of 84g-.88g with stock rubber and a slalom speed of 63.4. And we're not talking 1984 here - we're talking the "Formula" Fiero from it's very last model year, which was the first and only Fiero with an independent suspension.

The SVT can do the same course at 68.4 mph.

A hugely deficient driver in an SVT might lose to a skilled driver in one of the four banger Fieros on an autocross course. But it would be driver error, because the Fiero just isn't a match for the SVT.

*GM never considered the Fiero as a "supercar" from it's inital start of work on the automobile in the late 1970s to the time it was introduced. Indeed, the Fiero was conceived and developed as a "perfect" economy commuter car in response to the energy crisises of the 1970s, not a sports car, and definately not a supercar.

Last edited by badqat; 09-12-2004 at 09:45 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks