Performance Chip - Page 2 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2009, 09:36 PM   #11
Captain Moonpie
Focus "Sleeper"
 
Captain Moonpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 41715
Location: Yakima, Wa, WA
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZX3 deep red

Posts: 1,619
FF Reputation: 13 Captain Moonpie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
this is true more for the SVT's. a standard zx3 wont pick up too awful much if its bone stock but it will still pick up some. ...
I beg to differ. My car is a TURD without my SCT chip in, and when the chip is in, its an animal. But then again my zx3 isnt exactly "stock" lol.

As someone with an SCT chip from focussport, I would suggest getting the tune from Tom at focuspower. The sct chip is nice, but a tuner from Tom would be even nicer. REALLY wish I had found this forum and learned about the flash tuner before I spent an assload of cash on the chip.
__________________
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!
WAY too many performance mods to list. Check profile if you wanna know. And yes, I installed all my mods myself in my garage. No special tools.

GET NITROUS PEOPLE!!
Captain Moonpie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-15-2009, 12:31 AM   #12
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
 
focusmaniaczx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Fan#: 55157
Location: conover, NC
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Posts: 5,990
Points 14,451, Level 78
Points: 14,451, Level: 78 Points: 14,451, Level: 78 Points: 14,451, Level: 78
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Moonpie View Post
I beg to differ. My car is a TURD without my SCT chip in, and when the chip is in, its an animal. But then again my zx3 isnt exactly "stock" lol.

As someone with an SCT chip from focussport, I would suggest getting the tune from Tom at focuspower. The sct chip is nice, but a tuner from Tom would be even nicer. REALLY wish I had found this forum and learned about the flash tuner before I spent an assload of cash on the chip.
well i did say it makes a bigger difference if the car is already modified.
and when are you going to do a write up on your nitrous install eh?
__________________
focus-power P&P head $1100
focus-power DIY turbo kit $1495
tom's first time in Vegas? PRICELESS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
focusmaniaczx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:22 AM   #13
Captain Moonpie
Focus "Sleeper"
 
Captain Moonpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 41715
Location: Yakima, Wa, WA
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZX3 deep red

Posts: 1,619
FF Reputation: 13 Captain Moonpie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
well i did say it makes a bigger difference if the car is already modified.
and when are you going to do a write up on your nitrous install eh?
been haveing A LOT of medical problems lately and have subsequently been on some serious pain killers lately. Any how-to I put together in this state will be of NO help to anyone lol.

Itll happen as soon I get back to a stable condition. Should be pretty soon, been fighting this for almost 2 years now, I fell I have paid my dues and its my turn to be healthy lol
__________________
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!
WAY too many performance mods to list. Check profile if you wanna know. And yes, I installed all my mods myself in my garage. No special tools.

GET NITROUS PEOPLE!!
Captain Moonpie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:11 AM   #14
Aluses
Focus Jr. Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Fan#: 66831
Location: Chaska, MN
What I Drive: 2004 Mazda 6S

Posts: 31
FF Reputation: 2 Aluses Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by focusmaniaczx3 View Post
well i did say it makes a bigger difference if the car is already modified.
and when are you going to do a write up on your nitrous install eh?
So how does one contact this "Tom" person and do you really need a tune after buying a chip?
Aluses is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 09:11 AM   #15
Captain Moonpie
Focus "Sleeper"
 
Captain Moonpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 41715
Location: Yakima, Wa, WA
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZX3 deep red

Posts: 1,619
FF Reputation: 13 Captain Moonpie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
No, you use the tuner to do your tune instead of the chip. His screenname is 1TurboFocus and he has his own section on the forums. This section is called "FocusPower"
__________________
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!
WAY too many performance mods to list. Check profile if you wanna know. And yes, I installed all my mods myself in my garage. No special tools.

GET NITROUS PEOPLE!!
Captain Moonpie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:49 AM   #16
focusmaniaczx3
I need BOOOOST!!!!!!
 
focusmaniaczx3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Fan#: 55157
Location: conover, NC
What I Drive: zx3 turbo, kia soul, 71 chevy c/10

Posts: 5,990
Points 14,451, Level 78
Points: 14,451, Level: 78 Points: 14,451, Level: 78 Points: 14,451, Level: 78
Level Up 1% Completed
Level up: 1% Level up: 1% Level up: 1%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 35 focusmaniaczx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Moonpie View Post
been haveing A LOT of medical problems lately and have subsequently been on some serious pain killers lately. Any how-to I put together in this state will be of NO help to anyone lol.

Itll happen as soon I get back to a stable condition. Should be pretty soon, been fighting this for almost 2 years now, I fell I have paid my dues and its my turn to be healthy lol
get healthy then! we are all waiting!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aluses View Post
So how does one contact this "Tom" person and do you really need a tune after buying a chip?
you can start a thread here to ask any questions to him personally that you want.
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/f...splay.php?f=72
and yes you really need a tune after buying a chip. the chip is just another way of loading a tune to your car. if you have changed anything with your car's setup, engine performance wise, you need a new tune. and i really hope you have a SCT chip. pretty much anything else is a scam.
__________________
focus-power P&P head $1100
focus-power DIY turbo kit $1495
tom's first time in Vegas? PRICELESS!
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1turbofocus
I love this big little city HOOTERS !
Every time you drink a beer somewhere an ugly woman becomes beautiful, so get to it!
focusmaniaczx3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:21 PM   #17
MaroonZX3
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fan#: 49579
Location: Livonia, MI
What I Drive: 2003 Red ZX3

Posts: 917
FF Reputation: 12 MaroonZX3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
The SCT device is not actually a chip, it is a programmer. The computers on newer cars can be reprogrammed or reflashed without removing the chip. You can load a new tune file using the programmer. The programmer saves your factory tune so you can go back to stock at any time.
MaroonZX3 is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 08:40 PM   #18
Captain Moonpie
Focus "Sleeper"
 
Captain Moonpie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Fan#: 41715
Location: Yakima, Wa, WA
What I Drive: 2003 Focus ZX3 deep red

Posts: 1,619
FF Reputation: 13 Captain Moonpie Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaroonZX3 View Post
The SCT device is not actually a chip, it is a programmer. The computers on newer cars can be reprogrammed or reflashed without removing the chip. You can load a new tune file using the programmer. The programmer saves your factory tune so you can go back to stock at any time.
SCT sells both the chip and the tuner. I have a chip on my car. I installed it myself, so I know SCT sells a chip lol
__________________
DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!
WAY too many performance mods to list. Check profile if you wanna know. And yes, I installed all my mods myself in my garage. No special tools.

GET NITROUS PEOPLE!!
Captain Moonpie is offline  
    Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:54 PM.


Copyright 2002-2014 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Terms of Use : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Acura TLX or Fiesta ST. You can find all Ford Focus and Focus ST related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area.