Great news! I'm still driving!!! - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum > Regional Forums > South East Fanatics > Fanatics: KY, NC, SC

Fanatics: KY, NC, SC Regional discussion Forum for planning events and sharing information with all Members in the Kentucky, North Carolina and South Carolina areas.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-03-2009, 10:51 PM   #11
runfocusrun
Focus Addict

Fan#: 43029
What I Drive: 2002 Infra-red ZX5

FF Reputation: 8 runfocusrun Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Guys I've just read this thread. What I don't get is the racing part or the speeding. Don't get me wrong here, if there's one guy out here who loves speed it's me. I drove on the Nürnberg ring, barely touched the ground on the U-bahn when I was based in Germany and ALWAYS go faster on the highway then permitted (no matter which country I'm in) I've been driving around for 32 odd yrs and NEVER EVER got a speeding ticket, except for the occasionnal parking ticket (stupid meters). I love fast cars (my ZX5 needs boost LOL), owned a few high ranked ones but I would never streetrace, no matter how much the temptation.
What I like about this thread is your responsibilaty of dealing with it, I've seen a few threads ranting about tickets and stuff on here but I admit that, although laws were broken, you guy's are at least taking reponsability and for that I salute you.
Now think twice in the future and use a track LOL.
Short story of playing innocent:
Lately was driving back from N-Y. Speeding as usual on the highway, no traffic around so I thought let's push it a bit, while driving by an on ramp (how you call that?) I saw a cruiser parked on the side ramp and thought this isn't good. Sure came after me. I stopped, he looked at my plates and licenses (I accidently (???) pulled my belgian one too) and says aren't you aware of the limits ? I took out my european accent and told him I was convinced speedlimit was the same as where I come from. He gave me a fair lecture about country regulations, wished me well and that was it. Call me lucky bastid but I never got a speeding ticket.

Bookmarks & Social Networks
-->