X3 data logging help!!!! - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Focus Tuning Chat

Focus Tuning Chat Discuss performance tuning options for your Ford Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-25-2009, 05:44 PM   #1
horsePOOGAS
Focus Addict

Fan#: 30328
What I Drive: 02 SVT

FF Reputation: 1 horsePOOGAS Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
X3 data logging help!!!!

Ok so I just did my first start up... I THINK I data logged what tom told me to do.. I have NO IDEA if my X3 saved it and I have NO IDEA how to see if it did, and or how to send that file back to tom so he can see whats up.

can someone help me! lol Sorry guys i'm just new at this!! I'd like to start tuning this thing!!

EDIT: Ok so now I know that my sct saved my data logging. Now I just need to know how to send that file back to tom. anyone help a brotha? lol

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2009, 01:02 AM   #2
Earls32
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 46470
What I Drive: 2003 Silver SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 2 Earls32 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (12)
click on save as and name it what you did say you did frist start up name it (YOUR NAME FRIST START UP #1) then click save go to e-mail send to Tom by clicking on attach file attach that file to the e-mail that you are sendind to Tom and click send hope this helps
Old 08-26-2009, 05:32 AM   #3
horsePOOGAS
Focus Addict

well I mean I can actually get it to tom... I guess I worded that wrong.

I need to know how to get it FROM my sct TO my computer... as in how do i use the software for sct to do this? I can upload tunes to my sct and then download them to my car... and then I can datalogg after i've done a starte up. but it's getting the datalogg to my computer is what I'm having trouble with.
Old 08-26-2009, 06:21 AM   #4
Blivit
Focus Addict

Fan#: 51292
What I Drive: 2013 ST

FF Reputation: 118 Blivit Excellent Standing MemberBlivit Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by horsePOOGAS View Post
well I mean I can actually get it to tom... I guess I worded that wrong.

I need to know how to get it FROM my sct TO my computer... as in how do i use the software for sct to do this? I can upload tunes to my sct and then download them to my car... and then I can datalogg after i've done a starte up. but it's getting the datalogg to my computer is what I'm having trouble with.
You have to use livelink. Once you have that installed there is an option in the file menu to "import datalog file from x3/livewire." Select that then choose datalog0.dat. Once that is up on the screen, save it by going to file then save as. Send this file to Tom.
Old 08-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #5
horsePOOGAS
Focus Addict

Thanks Blivit! I found what I was looking for!!

Last edited by horsePOOGAS; 08-26-2009 at 09:47 PM.

Bookmarks & Social Networks