Comfortable Aftermarket Seat? - Focus Fanatics
Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forums
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Model Specific Discussions > Focus SVT > SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades

SVT Interior Mods & Upgrades The place to chat about general questions, window tinting, exterior body, interior and lighting upgrades for the 2002-204 SVT Focus.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

Old 08-11-2009, 12:16 AM   #1
mjn2010
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 62857
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 mjn2010 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Question Comfortable Aftermarket Seat?

I've been searching for a comfortable aftermarket seat, and I'm still not quite sure on what brand(s) or seats I should be looking at. I'm not looking to spend over $350, but I am going to college in the near future and I'll be doing 4hr drives and my SVT seats are not comfortable for me.

Any help would be excellent, and thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-11-2009, 01:10 PM   #2
morando6784
Focus Addict

Fan#: 66278
What I Drive: 02 TWO TONE ZX3 MIDWEST CREW #51

FF Reputation: 6 morando6784 Good Standing Member
not comfortable cause you a big guy, or there hard? are looking for a racing style or for just comfort?
I like to picture my Jesus in a tuxedo t-shirt, cuz it says, Hey I'm formal, but I like to party. I like to think of Jesus as having huge angel wings, and singin the lead vocals to Lynyrd Skynard, and I'm in the front row hammered drunk!
Old 08-11-2009, 03:58 PM   #3
Phokus
Shiny Metal Titanium

Fan#: 60433
What I Drive: 2013 Performance Blue Titanium Seda

FF Reputation: 7 Phokus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
If you want comfort, look into the regular focus seats rather than the sportier ones that are supposed to come with the svt
They are wide and cushy
Old 08-11-2009, 04:08 PM   #4
mjn2010
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 62857
What I Drive: 2003 Red SVT 5-Door

FF Reputation: 1 mjn2010 Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by morando6784 View Post
not comfortable cause you a big guy, or there hard? are looking for a racing style or for just comfort?
I'm pretty small around 150 lbs 6ft tall...

i'd prefer to keep the sporty style seat, the seats seem hard and cause a lot of soreness in my back for days

thanks for everyone's help
Old 08-11-2009, 04:41 PM   #5
bluefront
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 56816
What I Drive: 2006 white ZX5 SES

FF Reputation: 146 bluefront Excellent Standing Memberbluefront Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
My 2c.....every after-market seat I've ever seen, was designed for a sporty look, or for competition of one sort or other. None were designed for comfort or long drives......particularly for people with back problems.

When I got my '06 SES with leather seats, the lumbar area of the rear cushion just felt awful. I think one of my first mods was to remove the rear seat cover and add a one inch thick 12x12" foam pad in the lumbar area. The difference was/is amazing. I have no problems with that seat any longer.

I went to FF this past week end.....but had something going on Sunday. So I drove down early Saturday, left FF in the early afternoon, and drove straight back to St Louis....a round trip of almost a thousand miles in about 22 hours. I've got a bad back. Felt no pain at all with the modded seat. I don't think I could do better than that.

I'm a little under 6'5"...240.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:43 AM   #6
SPIman2.0
Focus Addict

Fan#: 56873
What I Drive: 00 ZTS, 04 SVT EAP, 03 ZTW

FF Reputation: 54 SPIman2.0 Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I'd say go with some leather corbeau TRS seats. I spent about 2 hours in them a few days ago and they were pretty darned comfy...........

If you bumped your price range, you could stretch for some recaros....... but then again...... hehe....... no body is gonna wanna sell them to you.......
Sedan Revolution #161
SPI Owners Club #1
RIP 03 Sedan: She will be missed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
Yup, the Focus is perfect for the emo in everyone ...
Old 08-16-2009, 01:45 AM   #7
djblackout
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 61433
What I Drive: 02 sonic blue SVTF

FF Reputation: 11 djblackout Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride bride

had them in my civic. felt like riding on a firm mattress! if you didnt catch my analogy....they hold you in your seat but are ohhhhhh so comfy

Bookmarks & Social Networks