Database What kind of MPG are you getting? - Page 21 - Focus Fanatics
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Focus Fanatics > Ford Focus Second Generation > DURATEC Performance (2008-2011)

DURATEC Performance (2008-2011) The place to chat about any Duratec 20 engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest Ford Focus Tire & Wheels FocusFanatics Merchandise

View Poll Results: What MPG are you getting on your Duratec?
Under 20MPG 11 2.82%
20-22MPG 31 7.95%
22-24MPG 45 11.54%
24-26MPG 63 16.15%
26-28MPG 68 17.44%
28-30MPG 99 25.38%
30+ MPG 91 23.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 390. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-13-2009, 06:24 PM   #201
Hexagram
Focus Addict

Fan#: 54155
What I Drive: 2006 Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 4 Hexagram Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (5)
i usually get on the pedal, its just more fun to drive that way. but still average around 28mpg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2009, 01:30 PM   #202
Swiftbow
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 62005
What I Drive: 2009 Gold SE

FF Reputation: 1 Swiftbow Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My commute is pretty much all hwy with minimal stoplights, with the few I have, I'm usually able to judge when they'll switch so am able to adjust speed to avoid a complete stop.

Without doing any advanced hypermilling tricks, (pretty much referring to turning off the ignition on downhills), I'm averaging upper 40's. I haven't been able to hit 50 but if I could find straight gasoline without the 10% ethanol blend, pretty sure I would get it.

I try to keep the speed constant at 55 to 60 and only go higher in fifth gear on some descents where the car is accelerating only from gravity and not the right foot. I also use the AC but try to cut it off when climbing and try to avoid it as much as possible but late afternoon or early evening it gets just too hot right now.

Gas mileage with this car in stock form is incredible. I've thought about mods but fear they may actually deduct the phenomenal gas mileage.

Doug

Old 08-15-2009, 03:34 PM   #203
09vistabluecoupe
Focus Addict

Fan#: 67900
What I Drive: 2009 Vista Blue SE coupe

FF Reputation: 2 09vistabluecoupe Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by jzack View Post
i use this site to help with it.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/jzack/focus-st

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiftbow View Post
My commute is pretty much all hwy with minimal stoplights, with the few I have, I'm usually able to judge when they'll switch so am able to adjust speed to avoid a complete stop.

Without doing any advanced hypermilling tricks, (pretty much referring to turning off the ignition on downhills), I'm averaging upper 40's. I haven't been able to hit 50 but if I could find straight gasoline without the 10% ethanol blend, pretty sure I would get it.

I try to keep the speed constant at 55 to 60 and only go higher in fifth gear on some descents where the car is accelerating only from gravity and not the right foot. I also use the AC but try to cut it off when climbing and try to avoid it as much as possible but late afternoon or early evening it gets just too hot right now.

Gas mileage with this car in stock form is incredible. I've thought about mods but fear they may actually deduct the phenomenal gas mileage.

Doug

I've recently joined this site also.

http://www.fuelly.com/driver/srcej6/focus

My mileage isn't near yours swiftbow, but most of my driving is city. I try not to come to a complete stop when I see a redlight ahead but I just can't help keeping my foot out of it sometimes.

Midwest crew #52
Old 08-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #204
Tom Bartlett
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 68467
What I Drive: Miata

FF Reputation: 1 Tom Bartlett Good Standing Member
I just joined also, wile I'm really a Miata lover, the DURATEC seems to be the replacement engine of my dreams from what I have read on the Uro blogs, especialy the Brits, they are really in to a lot of power from a small package. Also seem to be the ones coming forth with all the real hard modifcations. I do hope more here in the U.S. start making more after market horspower boosting products like forged or bilit steel crankshafts so we can incress the rpms.
Old 05-11-2011, 12:24 PM   #205
Hoops
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 15163
FF Reputation: 1 Hoops Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Summer my average is about 32MPG, winter it drops to about 29MPG.

Best I have ever gotten (over 50 miles) was a few weeks ago...

Filled up at a gas station and started driving, lots of traffic on a two lane road around 60MPH the whole time, passed a couple cars...after 50 miles I was at 38MPG from the computer.

Then the road splits to 4 lanes and I set the cruise at 74. Drove a few hours like that and was at 32MPG when I got home.
1994 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4
Old 05-15-2011, 08:42 PM   #206
JDsFocus

Fan#:
With my 2000 Focus LX (SPI AUTO) I average right around 29 mpg (plus/minus 1 mpg) on long trips with winter gas. Thats going about 63 mph average and passing several cars along the way.

I will be checking my 2000 ZTS AUTO over the next few tanks and will post those results.

Old 07-23-2011, 01:02 PM   #207
Charkol
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 53625
What I Drive: 2005 ST ZX4 pitch black

FF Reputation: 1 Charkol Good Standing Member
In my 2.3 I get about 35 on highways but around 23 in town. Highways around here i go about 70mph in cruise.
Old 07-29-2011, 12:40 PM   #208
joshg678
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 71249
What I Drive: 09' Vista Blue, SE

FF Reputation: 3 joshg678 Good Standing Member
i get 35 average, 38 was the best in my car.
The wifes goes on long trips, usually get 38-40.
Old 09-12-2011, 03:30 PM   #209
iniquitous
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89343
What I Drive: 2008 Blue Focus SE

FF Reputation: 1 iniquitous Good Standing Member
I drive a 2005 Focus SE (automatic transmission) and normally get around 27-30mpg w/out A/C, just windows down getting that fresh air. It's not dropped below about 27.5 since I've started to drive it. I bought it from a dealership here in town at about 54k miles and now am at about 58k. Planning on getting it cleaned out in October when I do a complete oil change. Hopefully it goes up beginning of next year when I put a couple of mods on it (CAI, etc). Oh yeah, she's fully stock.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:14 PM   #210
rallyrussel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93593
What I Drive: 04 2.3L Rally focus

FF Reputation: 1 rallyrussel Good Standing Member
75k 2.3L pzev first tank i have ran through got 32mpg on a 50-50 of city/highway. I also drive it like a rally car at all times.

check out my rally focus site:
Http://www.rallyrussel.com

Bookmarks & Social Networks